Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm screaming. this is no place for bull poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Shida v Taya graphic reminded me of that sick new gear Shida has

E: wrong thread, but still stands, get it in the game tone

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 29, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/PaPaBrisonTT/status/1674155922871009281

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seriously before I even do a CAW I'm going through career mode with Abbadon

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

projecthalaxy posted:

he lost the belt at longhorn steakhouse cause he got distracted eating 40 cakes.
and that's terrible

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Faaaa...t...no, fit Mac?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone else with a PS5 and the Elite edition of Fight Forever just straight up unable to load the game? I've downloaded and installed it twice now and it just hangs forever on the loading screen and I have to exit back to the home menu. It's fully updated, my PS5 is updated, I've rebooted, done everything I can think of. Game just straight up will not make it past the opening loading screen.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Has anyone tried the Switch version? I usually PC but playing on the go is pretty tempting.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Has anyone tried the Switch version? I usually PC but playing on the go is pretty tempting.

I'll be playing there, the review on a Switch-specific website said it's 30 FPS instead of 60 (eh, if it's locked that's fine...) but that some of the graphics get a bit muddier on handheld. Wonder how bad that could be with the OLED. But that it still plays alright overall.

I'm also more likely to play it handheld than want to fire the Xbox up, so hopefully it doesn't run too poorly.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
https://twitter.com/cieloperfectuno/status/1674124247005028352

lmao

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

really hope someone got fired for that blunder. they'll never work in this industry again.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I put a bit of time into this last night and my thoughts are the same as many - good game, but barebones.

First thing I tried was an exhibition match and randomly selected Bryan Danielson Vs FTR Bald. It was easy to learn the offensive controls and it was intuitive to know how to do the flying knee. I hit that and Bald rolled me up for a pin when I went to cover him. I kicked out, got the yes kicks and hit another knee for the win. Fun match.

The CBR team mode is pretty neat concept but the elimination animations look bad. Also a few glitches where you can eliminate yourself doing offensive moods.

I made an okayish Jay White and started Road to mode. I don’t mind it so far, but I really hope they allow you to edit created wrestlers stats without going through this mode every time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They don’t seem to, no.

It also means unless you play through it on the highest difficulties any created wrestler you make is hobbled, because you will end up with less points so less skill buys overall.

I finished up a normal difficulty play through and my guy had 52 stat skills, 8 action skills and 3 passive skills which puts me roughly on par with the actual roster ‘job guys’ as far as overall scope of abilities is concerned.

Compared to some actual roster characters from default:

Jobbers:
Scorpio Sky: 45 stat, 8 action, 7 passive
John Silver: 46 stat, 4 action, 8 passive

Main event guys:
Chris Jericho: 70 stat, 7 action, 22 passive
Kenny Omega: 80 stat, 9 action, 23 passive

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So how do you unlock everybody? Was going through the roster and remembered that Owen and Broadie are missing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Astro7x posted:

So how do you unlock everybody? Was going through the roster and remembered that Owen and Broadie are missing

Some wrestlers and costumes you unlock through the shop and others through playing the story mode

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Some wrestlers and costumes you unlock through the shop and others through playing the story mode

Is the unlocking determined on who you do story mode with? Like, do you only unlock Brodie if you do story mode as John Silver?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

per this article, it appears to he the following:

Cody, Aubrey: buy in shop for 10k and 30k coins respectively
Owen: win 100 exhibition matches
Brodie, Paul Wight: steer career mode to specific points, win a challenge match

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is the unlocking determined on who you do story mode with? Like, do you only unlock Brodie if you do story mode as John Silver?

It does not appear so, per the article, though I haven't played the game. It's just finding the right branch. For example to get to Paul Wight's challenge, you have to go 0-8 to start career.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Im now going to create the conspiracy theory that the only reason aubrey edwards wrestled on rampage was to promote her unlockable character in the game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

One thing I'll be interested to find tomorrow and people here already know is how, and in what quantities, one accrues coins, because you need stacks and stacks of them apparently.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

One thing I'll be interested to find tomorrow and people here already know is how, and in what quantities, one accrues coins, because you need stacks and stacks of them apparently.

I was able to buy Cody and Aubrey after like four career matches.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Regrettable posted:

The Elite Edition is also supposed to be on sale for PC for $63.19 on 2game tomorrow. They are a licensed key retailer so they get the keys directly from the publisher. That will get you the season pass and Matt Hardy.

https://2game.com/us/aew-fight-forever-elite-edition

Thanks for this.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Theres ‘coins’ currency in the story mode where it’s used to buy power ups and any that you don’t spend at the end of the campaign gets converted into the ‘AEW cash’ you use to buy stuff in the unlockables shop. You earn the coins by winning matches and playing minigames, I didn’t feel like I was ever short and finished with tons left over.

For the ‘AEW cash’ there are the usual daily/weekly/forever challenges that give cash but I’m also seemingly drowning in it after one play through of story mode.

I unlocked Cody and Aubrey and the alternate gear sets for the bucks which were 5-20k each and I still have 215k right now.

All the remaining unlocks are 1-4k from the looks of it and eyeballing it I could probably buy most of them with what I have now.

Edit: gently caress it I’m gonna go on a buying spree and see how far I get

Edit edit: so with my 215k I bought the remaining extra gear set, all the CAW apparel, all the arena pieces, all the taunts, and made a little dent in the entrance things.

I have ~50 of those left to buy and they’re almost all 3500, so another 175k AEW cash would see me clear?

In total you can buy everything for like 500k I estimate, and I’m more than halfway there after one story mode and a little loving around in exhibition mode and a few ranked online matches.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 29, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The cash isn't something you can pay money for either. It's not a road block to make money, it's just a way to time gate some content and push you to engage with stuff. Very old school. The battle pass and endless dlc seems to be their plan for getting more money out of the game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Theres ‘coins’ currency in the story mode where it’s used to buy power ups and any that you don’t spend at the end of the campaign gets converted into the ‘AEW cash’ you use to buy stuff in the unlockables shop. You earn the coins by winning matches and playing minigames, I didn’t feel like I was ever short and finished with tons left over.

For the ‘AEW cash’ there are the usual daily/weekly/forever challenges that give cash but I’m also seemingly drowning in it after one play through of story mode.

I unlocked Cody and Aubrey and the alternate gear sets for the bucks which were 5-20k each and I still have 215k right now.

All the remaining unlocks are 1-4k from the looks of it and eyeballing it I could probably buy most of them with what I have now.

Edit: gently caress it I’m gonna go on a buying spree and see how far I get

Edit edit: so with my 215k I bought the remaining extra gear set, all the CAW apparel, all the arena pieces, all the taunts, and made a little dent in the entrance things.

I have ~50 of those left to buy and they’re almost all 3500, so another 175k AEW cash would see me clear?

In total you can buy everything for like 500k I estimate, and I’m more than halfway there after one story mode and a little loving around in exhibition mode and a few ranked online matches.

Neato! Thanks for the writeup!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
the shop is kind of disappointing imo. i want a couple of big moves to have to save up for instead of being able to quickly buy 3 styles of cape. let me feel like a middle schooler with nothing better to do again.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

let me buy a ho for 1,000,000 dollars who fights like kawada

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The game's finally up on Steam!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Online mode is currently an endless parade of Kennys and when you lose it’s hard to tell if you’re losing because the other player is better or because Kenny’s got way higher stats and more of the passive skills that give buffs to momentum for doing different things than pretty much any other character.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yall there is a 13% discount on steam called a introductory offer that will last until July 6th. I bought it. Can't wait to play it when I get home.

Shard fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 29, 2023

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Endless Mike posted:

I was able to buy Cody and Aubrey after like four career matches.

I bought The Elite Edition and I played like... 2 exhibition matches and had enough coins to buy Cody and Aubrey

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Shard posted:

Yall there is a 13% discount on steam called a introductory offer that will last until July 6th. I bought it. Can't wait to play it when I get home.

Aw heck, between the discount and $5 sitting in my steam wallet from a long-ago refund, I bought it. Happy to support my favorite wrestling company even if I know the game isn't all that it should be

Looking forward to creating my long running fabulous CAW, Rich Lather.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I set up a com vs com tag title match against the bucks and the game is a better booker than Tony

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I bought The Elite Edition and I played like... 2 exhibition matches and had enough coins to buy Cody and Aubrey

Yeah I have the Elite Edition, that was just when I bothered to look in the store.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

I set up a com vs com tag title match against the bucks and the game is a better booker than Tony

Interesting that you didn’t show what the match rating was…

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Sadly the Steam version doesn't seem to have Playstation button prompts, the controls are simple so it's not bad, just wish more games included them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It doesn’t score com vs com matches otherwise it would have been a sure fire 7 star

I found out wrestlers in the women’s division are eligible for all the titles, so I set up a bunch of com vs com exploding barbed wire deathmatches just to see if miracles could happen and eventually

Edit: I just noticed it’s the tag team title on her shoulder (which she now also holds with herself sorry for the short reign Best Friends) rather than the TBS title, wonder how it decides which belts to include.

It looks like it at least prioritises the title that’s in contention, when she comes out for a tag team title match it’s the tag title around her waist not big plat

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 29, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Saucer Crab posted:

Sadly the Steam version doesn't seem to have Playstation button prompts, the controls are simple so it's not bad, just wish more games included them.

There was a brief period a few years ago where pretty much everything released on pc had ps button prompts as an option and then just as suddenly as they started being added they stopped again. It sucks.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

pc is for using m+kb exclusively sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc