Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

pc is for using m+kb exclusively sorry

Real Yakuza use a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

How do you select alt attires?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I played the video game and I liked it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Some of the character select models are hosed, and then their in-game models are fine. It’s weird as gently caress.

EdsTeioh posted:

How do you select alt attires?

Before I saw an option at character select on some wrestlers which let me choose from their regular attire and then the same options for everyone which consisted of a terrible black t-shirt over black trunks looking thing, or their normal attire made entirely out of gold.

I can’t find that option again now though so who knows!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

History Comes Inside! posted:

Some of the character select models are hosed, and then their in-game models are fine. It’s weird as gently caress.

Before I saw an option at character select on some wrestlers which let me choose from their regular attire and then the same options for everyone which consisted of a terrible black t-shirt over black trunks looking thing, or their normal attire made entirely out of gold.

I can’t find that option again now though so who knows!

LOL wtf. I did hear that you have to create a second slot or whatever, but like, take Matt Hardy. He's supposed to have an alt attire but I can't figure out how to just assign that.

ALSO is the DLC stuff actually *out*? I have FTR but no HOOK or the baseball minigame.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It really is weird. Punk's making a weird grandpa face in his but his model is fine. Nick Jackson definitely got a raw deal with that though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah if you go into the teams menu so it puts Nick and Matt next to each other you can really see how bad it is.

Hopefully something they can just patch out, there are a few typos here and there too.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Man im loving the gameplay a lot but it desperately needs even a barebones universe/career mode. I cant see myself playing through road to elite more than a few times and then its just exhibition matches.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Accidentally made Eddie Kingston champ after doing a practice match.

The game is excellent at it's core, just needs more polish. Fight forever 2: Fight eternal will be excellent.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad the game will be basically a "long life" thing instead of having a different entry each year. in six months I'm expecting a lot of changes and fixes and hopefully they put a fuckin cage in here

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

His arm is all kinds of hosed up.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Game fun but clunky as hell. I also don't like that you can't upgrade or give new skills to any of the AEW wrestlers in Road to the Elite. Feels pointless doing a career mode run with OC as far as getting upgrades and skill points

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

DLC Inc posted:

I'm glad the game will be basically a "long life" thing instead of having a different entry each year. in six months I'm expecting a lot of changes and fixes and hopefully they put a fuckin cage in here

Let's start with tornado tags and work our way up from there

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every tag is basically already a tornado tag it’s just double team central constantly

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All of the career mode screens ive seen look quite silly and I'm excited to inflict them all on the hanger imo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

Man im loving the gameplay a lot but it desperately needs even a barebones universe/career mode. I cant see myself playing through road to elite more than a few times and then its just exhibition matches.

Yeah agreed, even if it was the Elite GM stuff but with the game engine for matches it'd be pretty cool.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I haven’t seen a single other CAW in online yet, I’ve only seen people using

Kenny
Punk
Wardlow
Malakai

And a single match against a Rey Fenix

I blame the lack of options making all CAWs look jobber as gently caress

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol you can control the pyro for moxley but you can only see it off in the distance in one specific camera angle because he comes through the crowd

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

rare Magic card l00k posted:

His arm is all kinds of hosed up.

he's got the cordyceps

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Boy, they weren't kidding about CAW being barebones. There's like 8 faces, a few body types, a handful of hair, and just a few tights and pants and shirts. I don't mind the teeny tiny entrances, but unless I'm mistaken, you can't even edit the facial features to make CAWs look like their own thing. There's 50,000 names that the ring announcer can call you but I can't imagine being able to make any kind of varied CAW roster, certainly no convincing CAWs of real people. I'm not surprised people aren't bring CAWs online because I didn't really feel like I could make a real original creation.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

EdsTeioh posted:

ALSO is the DLC stuff actually *out*? I have FTR but no HOOK or the baseball minigame.

I don’t think hook is out yet but the minigames are a different kind of confusing.

I’ve played a couple of different ones in RTE mode but only have a handful of completely different ones available in exhibition mode.

No idea how you’re meant to unlock the others or if they’re meant to be there already or what. Along with the mystery vanishing attire option there seem to be a lot of holes in the game…

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Didn't see this mentioned in the previews but it's p cool that you can give people managers

Gonna need a Don Callis DLC asap

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They have Malakai’s creaky entrance animation in the store but no confirmation as to whether or not it’s suitably creaky

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Can you mash out most reversals by hitting L1 and R1 simultaneously when an opponent attacks you? I got my rear end kicked in my first match cause I was trying to do the reversals like in 2k23. Also couldn't tell how to get out of pins. Do I mash all the face buttons, just one of them, or all of them sequentially?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

blunt posted:

Didn't see this mentioned in the previews but it's p cool that you can give people managers

Do they do anything?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I guess the crashes I'm experiencing are a known issue at least. Shows me for being a previous gen pleb

https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/1674461781064921091?t=GbMgsPHEIe0W-zwqE8sEOQ&s=19

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kennel posted:

Do they do anything?

I've only played one match - Sting got up on the apron at one point, but Sammy still beat me :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kennel posted:

Do they do anything?

Sometimes they get weapons out and throw them in the ring, I had Starks with me in a RTE match and he kept doing it despite it not being a lights out match

Dude is a terrible manager

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I started Road to Elite with Miro, got paired up with Christian Cage, and he has proceeded to badly lose every tag match for us. Solid booking imo

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

I haven’t seen a single other CAW in online yet, I’ve only seen people using

Kenny
Punk
Wardlow
Malakai

And a single match against a Rey Fenix

I blame the lack of options making all CAWs look jobber as gently caress

I've been using my CAW and am about 8-4. Mostly the same as you, except I have seen 2 CAWs in that mix, a Mox, and, weirdly enough, Dax (I guess he *has* been on a bit of a singles tear). Not nearly enough Abbadon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

For kicking out on PS, it says to mash X/O/+/[]. Does that mean all at once, in order on a loop, or something else? It seems like I’m doing it wrong every time and getting pinned early

(I am bad at games)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just mash the gently caress out of every button as fast as you can

I just got matched with a Wardlow who did nothing but spam a fast clothesline that instantly knocked me down until I managed to get a counter in and grapple him to death, there seem to be a few weird moves that guarantee a knockdown with no kind of wind up

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm not sure if anyone else is on PS4 but it seems like disabling your internet connection (lol) stops the crashes

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/aew-fight-forever-elite-edition-pc/

Another good discount. I got the Elite Edition for $55, loading on the Steamdeck now. If you are part of their free membership program there's also an extra 2% voucher you can add on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really bummed to see this game doesn't have remote play together on steam, there used to be an app called "remote play whatever" that would let any game do it regardless of whether it was supported but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

explosivo posted:

Really bummed to see this game doesn't have remote play together on steam, there used to be an app called "remote play whatever" that would let any game do it regardless of whether it was supported but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

Time to get parsec I guess!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I spend a lot of time on the ground selling moves, like a LOT and I'm wondering if this is just because I'm playing as Orange Cassidy and they programmed in sloth style for everything he does, including move recovery, or I just suck (it's that one)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I beat cm punk in his debut. No wonder he was frustrated with the EVPs, they made him lose to a guy called "The T-Shirt Wrestler" who is so called because he wrestles in a t-shirt. A thing that CM Punk loves. Ask Kevin Steen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm not sure if anyone else is on PS4 but it seems like disabling your internet connection (lol) stops the crashes

i was just about to post about this because ive played two matches and the first crashed coming into it and the second one crashed coming out of it. thats a really lame fix but i guess if i have to for now!