Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I'm glad Kobe's in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
That's a snipe to be proud of

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/taureanprince/status/1674163351939579907?s=20

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I thought you guys were talking about some breaking FA news and instead it was Kobe chat
smdh

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

predicto posted:

no doubt. Probably the best highlight reel ever.

Oh come on even this is clearly not true just among Lakers! Magic!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

SF, Phoenix, LA, and Milwaukee bidding to host the 2025 ASG.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674258151690960897?s=46&t=DMnS3J-zs7RXhxH1hQoiig

anakha fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 29, 2023

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

I don't get how teams aren't professional enough to tell the players these things before telling the media.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674260739786264576

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That’s….uhh..

..a lot of money.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You know it's funny people brought that up as a possibility when the trade happened and I think everyone just forgot about it in the time afterwards.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVzDeWUBOmM

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Bip Roberts posted:

There's no question he's not a top 5 lakers but he's probably the best laker 2. He'd make first team but only if you were strict about position.

Difficult to compare across eras, but it's definitely a debate between Kobe and West as the best Laker 2 guard. Kobe won five rings but also played on better teams generally.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

Difficult to compare across eras, but it's definitely a debate between Kobe and West as the best Laker 2 guard. Kobe won five rings but also played on better teams generally.

Jerry West
Gail Goodrich
Eddie Jones
Magic Johnson in 1979
Kobe

I also hate Kobe though

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

turns out making win now moves doesnt make a lot of sense when your 2 franchise cornerstones are never on the court when it matters

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

110 million? thats a lot of snowboardin

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
:barf:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1674405353499361280?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
“I worked on this story for a year and … and he just…he just tweeted it out” — Bill Simmons

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I don't get how teams aren't professional enough to tell the players these things before telling the media.
It'll vary front office to front office but "sources" aren't necessarily from the waiving team, or even team side at all. Given that the Wolves were trying to move Prince in the days after the draft, it's also possible they told other teams (Washington in particular) that they'd have to take their chances on waiver priority if they didn't accept the Wolves' final offer.

That said, given the turnover since the Thibs days (somehow only 4 years ago?) and the odd blend of promotions, holdovers, demotions, and new blood, I'd expect the Wolves front office to be particularly leaky

morestuff posted:

“I worked on this story for a year and … and he just…he just tweeted it out” — Bill Simmons
:lol:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

How can people still use Twitter. I opened it up and some rear end in a top hat with a blue checkmarks unfunny crap is at the top of the replies

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

morestuff posted:

Lmao

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

morestuff posted:

:discourse:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

morestuff posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Bulls_Jay/status/1674421688493289474?s=20

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lol hell yeah

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Mavs are determined to not make Luka lead the team in rebounding lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Mavs are determined to not make Luka lead the team in rebounding lol

The Mavs need a big man who can rebound. Not the worst bench signing (depending on the deal) but they still don’t have a starting center.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Spacebump posted:

The Mavs need a big man who can rebound. Not the worst bench signing but they still don’t have a starting center.

Is Holmes not a starting center? Seems like he’d have the spot by default unless Lively shows something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls are going to bring back Derrick Jones Jr. as the backup center.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is Holmes not a starting center? Seems like he’d have the spot by default unless Lively shows something.

It’s possible Holmes is broken or at the very least another undersized big who is stuck on the Faried trajectory

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Spacebump posted:

The Mavs need a big man who can rebound. Not the worst bench signing (depending on the deal) but they still don’t have a starting center.

They have Holmes and they have the rookie rim protector. I do not actually hate the signing. The Mavs don't have a really good team rebounding strategy so having Drummond just put on a hard hat and crash the glass isn't the worst plan. They're kind of hosed next year as it is anyway, Drummond has a couple fun games every year.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It seems like they are going shotgun approach on big men and I can't fault them for trying to just scoop up as many tall fuckers as they can find. The team was completely bereft of post players who could defend and rebound last year.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

According to Stein:

quote:

It has reached the point when I speak to various teams that it would be a legitimate leaguewide surprise now if Fred VanVleet and Dillon Brooks don’t strike verbal agreements to join the Houston Rockets by Friday night.

VanVleet, as covered in this cyberspace Wednesday, is expected to receive a two-year offer from Houston worth a projected maximum of $83.6 million.

Brooks has been regarded for days as an even likelier free agent to join the Rockets — also on a two-year deal in the $14-to-$16 million range annually

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Just to emphasize how bad Richaun Holmes was last year (and really the year before that too), the Kings rolled with Chimezie Metu as the backup 5 for stretches of the season.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Wonder if FVV is enough for that roster to become a relevant team. They have some talent for sure. Brooks… whatever

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

FVV, Dillon Brooks, the Rockets young guys. That's a whole lot of chucking going on.

What is the chuckingest team ever in the NBA?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/1674448634434269188?t=lK7H0jPBpG_3QbllEklP-w&s=19

I forgot that what goes into the BRI pot got expanded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I mean the first tweet is probably true but that still has next to zero to do with the salary explosion over the last decade+