Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve also been buying potatoes on the trade like a mad man.

Them being tradable is so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Potatoes are easy, throw a few dozen large nets at the fish pond for some gb01s. I actually GMed gold cucumbers that way in the process

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

Potatoes are easy, throw a few dozen large nets at the fish pond for some gb01s. I actually GMed gold cucumbers that way in the process

See this is why I need people like you - to remind me of those little shortcuts. Now if only there was one to get 500 loving bone broth quickly.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Borgen's weekly camp had bone broth a couple of months ago. I'm hoping he brings it back.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

8one6 posted:

Borgen's weekly camp had bone broth a couple of months ago. I'm hoping he brings it back.

Yeah I forgot this morning and now I’ve got 8 cherry pies on the go. Doh.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

Almost free of corn jail…

~fin~

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

:stare: AGAIN I GET A DOUBLE GOLD DROP

This time with potatoes. Now I guess I can just farm for Holger's recipe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Wildly jelous. = P

Also noticed that two new craftable items dropped. Acorn butter ( 75 acorn / 1 glass bottle ) and red twine ( 1 red dye / 1 twine ).

Is there a way to calculate the best raptor to send to RFC? I noticed one of my raptors has half as much power as my lead raptor, so I was considering retiring him but not sure. I have a raptor at level 10 with 26 power?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What would I pay in gold for a farmhand and a kitchen assistant. This is something I’ve been thinking a lot.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Twincityhacker posted:

Wildly jelous. = P

Also noticed that two new craftable items dropped. Acorn butter ( 75 acorn / 1 glass bottle ) and red twine ( 1 red dye / 1 twine ).

Is there a way to calculate the best raptor to send to RFC? I noticed one of my raptors has half as much power as my lead raptor, so I was considering retiring him but not sure. I have a raptor at level 10 with 26 power?

Just rotate them out when they get too slow I guess.

I came here to post that there are new recipes again. At least one, Acorn Butter. Acorn and bottles and it can be mastered. There's also Red Twine, and I haven't seen Pair of gold boots before, but I don't think it's new.

Someone has already GMed red yarn, but the acorn butter is 75 acorns a pop, so that's gonna take a little longer.

NFX fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 27, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just bought the 10 bill storehouse upgrade, edging closer to endgame

Exploring is mid 96, OJ appreciated and I should be able to bang it out over the holiday event next week

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

Just rotate them out when they get too slow I guess.

I came here to post that there are new recipes again. At least one, Acorn Butter. Acorn and bottles and it can be mastered. There's also Red Twine, and I haven't seen Pair of gold boots before, but I don't think it's new.

Someone has already GMed red yarn, but the acorn butter is 75 acorns a pop, so that's gonna take a little longer.

Yeah, the only new ones are Acorn Butter and Red Twine. Pair of Gold Boots isn't new.

GMing red yarn should be trivial. Mastery was almost effortless because I had nowhere else to dump red dye after GMing Red Trunk. But I wouldn't be too quick to go exploring just to GM it right away - it's almost certainly going to be a recipe in something, probably something soon (like for the 4th of July event).

Acorn Butter won't be the worst to master, but GMing it is going to be a bit more effort.

The real question with all these things is, how much waste/voiding are you willing to do in the pursuit of GMing a single thing, rather than spreading the mastery gain over a handful of items more gradually?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

8one6 posted:

And your wish is granted!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

H110Hawk posted:

And your wish is granted!

gently caress yeah! Max inventory on broth and a few more borgen bucks.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

8one6 posted:

gently caress yeah! Max inventory on broth and a few more borgen bucks.

Accidentally opened a thousand large chest 01s instead of a hundred to do this…. Oops. Apparently I hadn’t GMed several of the gems in there yet though so hello 400 AK. T199 is in sight now.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

Accidentally opened a thousand large chest 01s instead of a hundred to do this…. Oops. Apparently I hadn’t GMed several of the gems in there yet though so hello 400 AK. T199 is in sight now.

Oh. That also got me 1800 gb07s from t189 so finally done with the gold sea crest quest. All in all gonna call that typo a win

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Free from cabbage and corn jail...for now

Ruggan posted:

GMing red yarn should be trivial. Mastery was almost effortless because I had nowhere else to dump red dye after GMing Red Trunk. But I wouldn't be too quick to go exploring just to GM it right away - it's almost certainly going to be a recipe in something, probably something soon (like for the 4th of July event).
I agree with this. I just topped up to inventory and am gonna wait to see what the event brings

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Man, all my major quest lines want extremely rare drops. Boo.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I am to the point of voiding the desert pear and transistors. I think I've gone off the deep end. Up to 1100 AK at T199.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

I am to the point of voiding the desert pear and transistors. I think I've gone off the deep end. Up to 1100 AK at T199.

Haha yeah. Hurts to void transistors but I’m out of small screws to make engine components, so my only use is potato batteries (and I’m done with the potato quest so they’re piling up). I’m just selling some pear oil though so I can keep crafting those.

Currently at T199, 6300 AK myself.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

rafikki posted:

Yea that's the easy way to make those rings too, hopefully you've got a few more of those things

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Atoramos posted:

Yea that's the easy way to make those rings too, hopefully you've got a few more of those things

Oh yeah, I had around 10k of those chests. I’m done with a few of the rings, just really lazy these days. Mushroom paste holds me back from knocking out some low hanging fruit like the rest of the rings.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

rafikki posted:

Oh yeah, I had around 10k of those chests. I’m done with a few of the rings, just really lazy these days. Mushroom paste holds me back from knocking out some low hanging fruit like the rest of the rings.

Yea and that's on-tap at Borgen's too, was considering making a run at Mystic Ring (only one I haven't GMed)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I have done all the rings, and farming for leather, fern leaf, and now acorns means I'm drowning in mushroom paste. I'm actually largely out of bulk uses for it beyond like canoe and restocking axes/hammers. I'm also voiding so much salt. Just realized (thanks for the pear grease suggestion) I should sell it so I can GM it rather than void it. Whoops.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Thank you all for the deluge of orange juice! I now have both Sawmill Silver and Lake Minerva cranking out early game cash. Number is starting to go up!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

lol this is coming to steam for some reason

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Just hit 3x99! Working on exploring and ATI so I guess I'm nearing late game

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Can someone explain the "season the meal" xp gain mechanic? I have five quandry chowders going with all of them having the same time left, and one oven gave 3000 xp, two ovens 2,400 xp, and two ovens 1800 xP.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Slimy Hog posted:

Just hit 3x99! Working on exploring and ATI so I guess I'm nearing late game

Nope, that's mid-game. Endgame would be Tower level 150+.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Twincityhacker posted:

Can someone explain the "season the meal" xp gain mechanic? I have five quandry chowders going with all of them having the same time left, and one oven gave 3000 xp, two ovens 2,400 xp, and two ovens 1800 xP.

Season XP is = rand(2, 5) * (# of ovens) * (meal time in minutes / 2) * (bonus XP perks)

source

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Season XP is = rand(2, 5) * (# of ovens) * (meal time in minutes / 2) * (bonus XP perks)

source

Oh jesus, I wondered if there was a random element. Thank you.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I am probably an hour or so of tapping away from 4x99 (just working on exploring) and I am dry on stamina. Accepting any and all air drops of OJ/AP, hugely appreciated. Looking forward to becoming a hoardlord who spams everyone with stuff

e: never mind, someone sent me literally ten thousand OJ

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 29, 2023

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

I am probably an hour or so of tapping away from 4x99 (just working on exploring) and I am dry on stamina. Accepting any and all air drops of OJ/AP, hugely appreciated. Looking forward to becoming a hoardlord who spams everyone with stuff

e: never mind, someone sent me literally ten thousand OJ

You have a lovely big mailbox which helped me dump excess OJ and AP the other day, thank you.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Always happy to be of service in that regard

E: and that's 4x99 achieved, this account was created on May 11th

Speedrunning that tower :toot:

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 29, 2023

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Can someone send me a lemon cream pie, and I'll return it? I was going to just open the Holgar's lunchbox at the end of the month but everything in there is just so... meh.

In game name: twincityhacker

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Twincityhacker posted:

Can someone send me a lemon cream pie, and I'll return it? I was going to just open the Holgar's lunchbox at the end of the month but everything in there is just so... meh.

Sent. I have 6 no need to return it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

sent

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

monkeytennis: thanks! I like hording unique items.

H110Hawk: thanks! If you give me your in-game name I can send yours back.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

monkeytennis: thanks! I like hording unique items.

H110Hawk: thanks! If you give me your in-game name I can send yours back.

Duckbar, also in your mailbox log in case you hadn't seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Duckbar, also in your mailbox log in case you hadn't seen it.

Okay, done!

And, uh, MarcusSA I just accidently sent you a lemon cream pie because I though I had clicked on H110Hawk's account. Could you please send that back?