Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Vadun posted:

Call it

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Vadun posted:

Call it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Vadun posted:

Call it

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

You better still be able to find peach's XXX

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Vadun posted:

Call it

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1673759032664899585

he's gone rogue

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tired: Bigger Luke Theory

Wired: Iggy's Cheese Hotel Theory

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
bigger iggy theory

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I bought a preorder of AEW Fight Forever: Elite edition. Other purchasers have been able to play it a day early because they bought that edition. Does Nintendo do that same set up? I have tried to play it but it says that it is not available yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I bought a preorder of AEW Fight Forever: Elite edition. Other purchasers have been able to play it a day early because they bought that edition. Does Nintendo do that same set up? I have tried to play it but it says that it is not available yet.

Sounds like you got a bum copy bro. Get owned and post your friend code so I can add you.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Wormskull posted:

Sounds like you got a bum copy bro. Get owned and post your friend code so I can add you.

No, I just saw that THQ announced that only Xbox and PS4/5 were getting early access. People are pretty ticked in their Twitter replies about it.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
drat dude

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I finally got metroid dread on sale and it's so good!!!! I feel bad for waiting and not supporting the metroid franchise with full price game purchases

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
nintendo respects street dates

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Vadun posted:

Call it

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I can’t wait to play MGS on the switch :D

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pikmin 4 demos available.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it kicks rear end.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

right arm posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

right arm posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

right arm posted:

It apparently comes out in the fall and I'm bummed about it not being out now

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

It apparently comes out in the fall and I'm bummed about it not being out now

same but I’ve got way too many unplayed switch games rn that I need to finish

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna buy one of the EO re releases. I usually like to play franchises from the beginning but is that stupid for these early EO games. Are they miserable.

For context I played uhhh 5 maybe, and Nexus on 3DS and didn't finish either but I do love the games, conceptually.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm gonna buy one of the EO re releases. I usually like to play franchises from the beginning but is that stupid for these early EO games. Are they miserable.

For context I played uhhh 5 maybe, and Nexus on 3DS and didn't finish either but I do love the games, conceptually.

IV on the 3ds is probably the best one, all the classes in the game are pretty cool and versatile, it has an overworld to explore, and secret small dungeons that you can find.

3 is the only one of the og trilogy I've played and it was solid, the setting is pretty cool and I think it was the first one to have subclasses. The only issue I really had with it was that some of the classes were just straight up bad in a way that none of the classes were in IV or V, but if they improved that at all in the rerelease then it would be a good choice.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

It's one of those series where every game adds refinements and quality of life stuff that make it hard to go backwards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vol 2 should include policenauts just because

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

3 is the best game in the series imo, best classes (like half of them ended up in nexus because they're so cool). or playasia has thr physical version with all three for cheaper than the digital bundle...

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sent one joycon in for drifting problems and by the time I'd gotten it back, two more started acting up. I'd been wondering when this would happen to me.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

my og set is finally starting to drift occasionally on the left stick. bought some generic replacements off Amazon and they're even worse than using the drifty ones lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

tmfc posted:

my og set is finally starting to drift occasionally on the left stick. bought some generic replacements off Amazon and they're even worse than using the drifty ones lol

i played all of totk with link sometimes deciding to suddenly walk to the left, especially when I was high up on a ledge.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

Sent one joycon in for drifting problems and by the time I'd gotten it back, two more started acting up. I'd been wondering when this would happen to me.

I bought a little toolkit off amazon and it's been fine for longer than the legit nintendo ones and I still have a bunch of parts left over if it happens again.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm going the official route because Nintendo's doing it for free, but if the fixed/replaced joycons break too then yeah it's a good idea to DIY

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I bought a little toolkit off amazon and it's been fine for longer than the legit nintendo ones and I still have a bunch of parts left over if it happens again.

good to know, i'll probably do this eventually. thanks!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

anyone had their dock get fucky? Mine doesn’t seem to be able to connect anymore and I tried another and it worked well. I do get the flashing green light sometimes.

I do love the switch but it’s been the most problematic nintendo product. they have been good about fixing it all for free at least.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

anyone had their dock get fucky? Mine doesn’t seem to be able to connect anymore and I tried another and it worked well. I do get the flashing green light sometimes.

I do love the switch but it’s been the most problematic nintendo product. they have been good about fixing it all for free at least.

mine does that every now nd then, the trick's to fully power button the switch and turn it back on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I've had issues I've had to unplug the dock from it's power source + remove the HDMI cable, then reconnect power, wait a bit, reconnect HDMI and it works. Otherwise get owned. I've had like 4 joycons fail by now, and I just swapped out the fan + thermal paste bc it was dead. POS system. Heard they're going to fix every problem with the Switch Pro that will be coming out on 2 months (surprise announcement at E3).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

When I've had issues I've had to unplug the dock from it's power source + remove the HDMI cable, then reconnect power, wait a bit, reconnect HDMI and it works. Otherwise get owned. I've had like 4 joycons fail by now, and I just swapped out the fan + thermal paste bc it was dead. POS system. Heard they're going to fix every problem with the Switch Pro that will be coming out on 2 months (surprise announcement at E3).

this. it seems like the dock itself can crash, its weird

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

never had that problem. you're all liars spreading FUD for nintendo's competition. and it's a little bit sickening.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My dock just completely stopped working for no apparent reason a few months ago so I bought a cheap small one on Amazon that also works for the Steam Deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my switch wall charger doesnt charge my usb-c flashlight for some reason