Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Regallion posted:

wait, what?

(!Darkness - Gravity.) 20 [5]+[6]+[6] = 17 - CRITICAL FAILURE.

17 < 20 should be a success by 3?
I vaguely recall we had something that increased our roll windows for crits, but checking the character sheet, nothing comes up?

A 17 or 18 is always a failure regardless of skill. This is a clip from the GURPS Superlite rules from way back in the thread. Though I use different terminology from what's here.

Twobirds posted:

In regular GURPS (for whatever it's worth) 18 is always a crit failure, 17 is a crit failure if your base skill is less than 15, otherwise it's a normal failure. So I dunno.

Correct, though in this case because the character was coming down off of Viable and trying to avoid being hit by a car, that 17 counted more as a crit than a normal failure with the high-skill mitigation.

Mechtroid posted:

Wait, so light deals double damage to all player characters in hell end innately? Or just us because we have the darkness affinity? The character sheet isn't clear on this one.

Always been there from the start.

In this case, because of Red's shroud giving protection, Light damage is actually cut by -33%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nuclear hellfire can actually destroy the soul, ouch

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Black August posted:

In this case, because of Red's shroud giving protection, Light damage is actually cut by -33%.

Wait, "cut by -33%"? So does that mean we're taking an extra 33% damage?

Yes I know it's supposed to be reduces damage by 1/3, but what would a game thread based off of an RPG be without pointless ruleslawyering nitpicking about wording?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Part 8 of the archive updated with today's posts, and feature introduction: gdoc bookmarks in the outline for Blue Book entries, for those who wish to go back and find a specific entry! Not yet rolled out to earlier sections of the archive, though.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][60%]

Something large and golden walks by, turning towards me. I shout and drag up my sword to point- but nothing's there. Trick of the firelight? My own wounded skull seeing things? Psychic residue? My vision swims as I snarl and swipe at the air anyways, tiring myself out before my will asserts itself and I walk tall once more. I stick very close to the edges of the fires, now trapped in a swirling nightmare of constantly looking out for more dangers as I limp along in full-body pain. More vehicles fly by over the walk, none of them near me, but terribly silent as they burn and slam apart crumbling homes. The collapses force me to shuffle hard now and then into the streets, swaying away from second stories spilling onto the lawns and showering me with molten glass. I don't fear heat right now, just the trash it makes. Breathing is the hardest part, as I'm forced to dip in and out of the rare pockets of clean air to refill. Holding my breath while in this much pain is difficult; although my intent is absolute, for some reason I think of gold and keep allowing myself to rest in the clean airs, to let out the small cries of discomfort and exhaustion. It benefits me by giving me pause to think and survey past the soupy fog of bodily ruin. This is different than when I first escaped Pluto Tower in a similar condition. That felt like... like my body had grown enormously heavy with weakness, systems working out of order. This? This was surviving a vehicle plowing into me. I recall in my fevers the terrible truck of the dark beach, my heart thundering with hope I never have to see it again.

The parasite manages as best as possible, hastening my mending with the help of the magical sap flooding me. It's shook up, realizing how at once fragile but tenacious its new vessel is. This wasn't the mighty of Bleeder's nested hivesuit and Lordly control. This was being chained to the monstrous heart of a grand darkness, one that lived in perpetual death-threat. The ruby injection gives it heat and strength to help keep the heart beating on, if not for pure survival, then at least because its prison had proved to be a very exciting and educational one. Its species was never, ever the type to obey anything but the urge of blood, but now its addiction was being ministered stingily, supplemented with bizarre substances. The parasite releases more of the ruby red, knowing it was vital to not cooking alive. It just has to last until the suburbs were clear. It'd have to learn some hard tricks, once the body was able to find rest.

Rest... soon enough. I need to get out of the streets and towards the unburnt building. This way, right?

(!PSI ESP β) 11 - [2]+[6]+[2] = 10 - Success.

The Silver is cooling when it caresses my wounded neurons. I jerk my head and curl broken hand. No. Stop. Just show me. This way- good. Stop showing me gold. I don't know what means and I can't talk about that right now. They're all screaming at me: central nervous and compromised cranium crying furious at the loss of power, my six-pack praying for a heal and a meal, my trash compactor pooled with blood and bile, leaving only my senses able to speak with drunk coherency: Silver gloaming with gold. Fine. Just lead me. Let me find safety.

The one holy of this entire mess is that I am blessed furious with fire. The molten of my blood- the car was a danger. A gas station blowing up next to me? Just a horrible wash of bright thundering pain and paralysis before I stabilize, blood molten hot for a second. Huge wave of fluorescent kill-gas? Hold my lungs, while its skin-corroding properties just sizzle me sickly before I pass through with a quick messy mend of boiling skin settling back to base. Everything is so intensely colorful in the everdark. Sometimes gases explode and the fire washes far over me as I bend down slowly with the shroud. I follow the long bend northward, learning that I should always orient myself by which direction the smoke is traveling to reach the mountainous center. When I rest, I sometimes see in the grand far distance the hint of massive explosion, somewhere north past the mountain. I fight against all wounded wander of mind, my intent again shining gold and overwhelming my walk. I follow the silver and weave about, and it tells me just long enough before it happens for me to understand it: something ahead. Danger. I need to fade. I demand the silver mask my motions. Now!

(PSI Clouding ɑ) 13 [5]+[6]+[6] = 17 - CRITICAL FAILURE.

Yes. I feel it. The softness of presence like a gown of static. Then I scream and jump to the side because there is a shadow next to me. I wave my sword but retreat to savor my wounds first, and observe. Shadow?! Animate mass. Indistinct, darkness, but it's tinted something deepest green. Moving lank and swift. Away from me. No sound or true form or attention. I jump again, inhaling on the bubbles in my lungs at the sight of more. More shadows. A dozen? Maybe? Colorful. Deep dark dense shifting shadowshapes moving with no attent for me. So distinct against the fires. I watch them with a weary calm, my intent gilded with the sense to not blade where no offer was made. I marvel at the tallest shadow, fade gold in auric hue inside its dark. It stops for a moment and makes some kind of motion, before all the shadows scatter and I'm caught in the middle of the final long street up to my goal, daydreaming and dumbfounded. The crosswalk is burning, manhole gouting magma, and I stray away since I know that magma is more than just fire, and so can harm me horribly if I try to bathe in its flow. Oh. There's a Sunburner here. Oh. It's the one I saw before- the smallest-of-biggest Matriarch with the super heavy mask and black war robes filthy with metal dusts and oils.

Oh. She's looking right at me. She sees me. She's lazily winding up a strange metal charm in one hand, while the other positions her gigantic slab-sword of raw glittering magnesium; she strikes the charm on its surface and points it directly at me.

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][70%]

(!Metal Magics - Magnesium Fire Jet) 18 [2]+[6]+[5] = 13 - Success.

No. Wait. My intent. Survive. Assess- magnesium. Split second bright oncome of firewhite. I need to close my eyes, now.

(DX) 11 [1]+[3]+[1] = 5 - Success.

Not only do I slam them shut, I work in a weak ducking spin to let my side and back take the brunt of what's coming, the shroud full around me. Air. Now!

(HT) 15 [2]+[6]+[5] = 13 - Success.

Solar Shroud」+「Molten Blood II」+「Rubescent」= Magnesium Fire Immunity!

Full lung bubbled. Eyes shut, faced away, shrouded. Then it comes. The sick crack of the air, and the sudden stream of scream-hot white fires, pouring over me with the ferocity of a jet engine. I cover my ears. The magnesium stream is relentless. I expect some kind of agony, but my molten blood and shroud working in tandem with the weird ruby glittering my blood casts away all the threat of the attack. It ends like a noose snapping shut, all-silent, and I manage to creak back up into a stand as I lean on my sword to stare.

Metal Fire. Relentless mad dryad. Hit first, ask questions only if yelled at to do so. Still has one eye working right and unblinded, saved by the sadistic weight of her powerful mask. Someone had to fight metal itself for the profane secrets of its manyfold fires, and magnesium was a personal favorite for her to slay with. Like murderous sunlight. Killbright. But she's acting weird right now as I size her up, still holding my breath and blinking against the bright that must have been seen for miles. She's approaching with her sword dragged and one hand up, signing over and over as she sways her head and jangles her many steely charms. I'm incredibly ready to kill, but my intent is staying my hand with gold while I let the silver research and talk to me through the haze of the car-crash survive.

The Silver Mind posted:

You studied Red. You saw the motions. She taught it to Blue. The fiery signs. They all sacrificed their voices, and many had lost their foliage or other methods of treetalk, which left the signings their witchly way of speak and move.
What is she on about?

Sorry, sorry, sorry.
She thought you were a different plant.
There were many shadows and you were suddenly like A LORD.
Be careful.
Go.

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%]

She waves me on with her evil sword. I'm too drunk with wound and spell to end her here and now to stop the word of my arrival, which will reach their King, Thundering. She'll recall me in an instant and then my cover will begin to collapse, leaving my window small before all the cult might turn on me with murder. Dammit. No choice. I shamble past with anger, knowing I need to mend fast and pray my cover holds for at least one more day. One of the Matriarchs was in that tower I stared down, right? So she'll talk too. They'll all connect the dots. Just relax. It's fine. My intent is still screaming alien with gold, and I walk with no stress save the pain of my body and the annoyance at my lack of performance. But those shadows... where did they go? Stop, don't lose focus. It's how I got seen and failed my clouding. And got hit by a car. Move on. See? There it is, down this long lane.

OST: Fiery Theater

What kind of place is this? Shelter, and that's all my jellied body needs. I hobble fast to get ahead of Metal Fire, almost thankful that my wounds distract me from overthinking everything. My intent- it's amazing how clear and easy it is in my mind, despite its distraction of gold. I think of the Sign... no time- I'm here. My God it's bizarre. Monstrous ricket structure, something slopped together by the will of the Land and the additionals of Sunburner boredom. It's a... theater? No, more. No mere megaplex, but a gigaplex, roaring with a dozen attractions and delights. The building itself looks to have been fireproofed, then crowned with torches and braziers galore to denote its safe dangers. Hundreds of fiery bat-like beings flock over its gigantic roofs, casting lightshow patterns over the immense parking lot stationed before it. Said lot is eerily empty apart from two or three vehicles I dare not approach. The pavement is scalding hot with redglow somewhere underneath, and I imagine rolling on it like one of Ulthar to delight my wounded ligaments. But not now. Pay attention. The theater has a complete loving mess of an entrance, half collapsed and burning while the other half mends itself, repeating the metronome motion of burn-and-rebuild. I hop onto the walk-up, circling the good half to the ticket booth.

The stall is so tall, lit red and soot-smeared. Can't see who's inside. I approach and slap the window for the unseen ticketer, who waits while I casually show off: Sunburner shroud. Veins full of ruby fire and molten blood. My hand, red, RIGHT. I clench it and slam it down on the counter. I held the Final Petal. I'm VIP. Where is my ticket?

Oh. It's pushed out with no question or problem. I'm seen. I'm VIP. The ticket is raw gold stamped with filthy hellfire soots. I clutch it and kiss it, wincing at the mighty smell of molten golds. I walk through the doors, paned with hellish red glass, and I come in upon it with all the personality of a half-murdered mobster ready for a good time before a plot of revenge.

I lean on the raw gold handlebar of the red glass door, and look around the mega of the weird fire theater. The lobby is overwhelming. Dozens of stairs and ladders, many of them burnt or ready to break, sturdy with irregular inserts of molten gold and long drapes of ruby silks. They snake upwards into the huge complex of entertainment and Sunburner inanities: the base floor is nothing but concessions, information, weird technochairs, and broken-down arches to collapsed dead ends. Oh, and thank GOD, a visitor bathroom for Backup. I... huh. I'm honorary Backup and Sunburner, I guess, thanks to my Counselors. God. What I wouldn't have given for them to be there for me in my last life, for-

Woah! Sunburner!! ...asleep, on a technobench that's heated and vibrating. I say asleep, but she must be passed out going by her posture and the empty bottles slowly degrading in the theater's immense heat. Ugh, I want to sleep on a soft warmed bed. But I need to blend in and find a suitable place first before I can copy that trick. First off is something to eat. I demand it. My molted ticket of VIP intent will win me all I want from here, as long as I pick smart. Then I can decide what to do after that, to begin my rest before I walk again come the 'morrow.

So many concession stands in this theater.

Some for VIP food.
Some for VIP drink.
Then there's the decide of whether to explore.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

taiyoko posted:

Part 8 of the archive updated with today's posts, and feature introduction: gdoc bookmarks in the outline for Blue Book entries, for those who wish to go back and find a specific entry! Not yet rolled out to earlier sections of the archive, though.

Thanks again for putting in this effort.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

voted glizzy, hyrdated, and dancing!

Mechtroid
Feb 14, 2014
I'm very much looking forward to everyone voting for the hotdog and finding out how it is in no way a hotdog.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Went Oddly Regular Hotdog, Beyond-Boiling water(?) and a good old movie.
Though, maybe we can pick up something a lil' red extra for the parasite while we're browsing beverage?
Lil Drac should get a treat too at somepoint, anyways.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Turned a blankpost into a flavorpost of a sample of the code-dived sword names from the Blue Book.

code:
.byte ... "LUNGMOWER"
.byte ... "NAGNAROK"
.byte ... "CHCHUURJANAIRE"
.byte ... "CHAINSAW"
.byte ... "LAPIS"
.byte ... "LEVANTINE"
.byte ... "DRAGONCRUSHER"
.byte ... "JET"
.byte ... "LOVE&HATE"
.byte ... "7*SWORD"
.byte ... "TCHOBLADE"
.byte ... "FURY"
.byte ... "MARROWCRUSHER"
.byte ... "MARROWCRACKER"
.byte ... "FOMOLHAUT"
.byte ... "BOWIEBLADE"
.byte ... "GOLDLION"
.byte ... "SHORTKNIFE"
.byte ... "SALTKNIFE"
.byte ... "TUESKNIFE"
.byte ... "IRUKANDJI"
.byte ... "SLOT"
.byte ... "FARWWELL"
.byte ... "GRAEY"
.byte ... "GEM"
.byte ... "SLING"
.byte ... "SILVANCE"
.byte ... "NECOANGUIS"
.byte ... "PATAHOLYHOLYHOLYHOLYHOLYHOLYHOLYHOLY"
.byte ... "QUICKBLADE"
.byte ... "QUICKSILVER"
.byte ... "THUNDERING"
.byte ... "RUBYBLADE"
.byte ... "NICODEMUS"
.byte ... "RINJANI"
.byte ... "TONITRUI"
.byte ... "JANJOTUN"
.byte ... "MASTERLESS"
.byte ... "NUKE"
.byte ... "EDENYOURSWORD"
.byte ... "ZELTWIS"
.byte ... "GRANITEGRAVE"
.byte ... "PAPILLIONBLACK"
.byte ... "MONUMENTAL"
.byte ... "PYRRHIC"
.byte ... "HADEAN"
.byte ... "CECILIAN"
.byte ... "ZJADACZKREW"
.byte ... "OGRESLAY9"
.byte ... "MAGNABLADE"
.byte ... "OSMIUM"
.byte ... "VANAGANDR"
.byte ... "SELEBLACK"
.byte ... "ROMAN"
.byte ... "KANGAROO"
.byte ... "LUCK3"
.byte ... "LUCK6"
.byte ... "LUCK7"
.byte ... "HEARTHLESS"
.byte ... "MYSTLETAIN"
.byte ... "MELUFA"
.byte ... "STRADIVARIUS"
.byte ... "BULLETBLADE"
.byte ... "GREYSWANDIR"
.byte ... "GLASSLESS"
.byte ... "THINNYSICKLE"
.byte ... "CRASHBLADE"
.byte ... "GUILLOTINA"
.byte ... "FIGHTER"
.byte ... "OGRE"
.byte ... "DEHTHRONE"
.byte ... "PHASESABER"
.byte ... "ADAMANT"
.byte ... "MOLOCHMANXOME"
.byte ... "MOLOCHHYMIR"
.byte ... "EDENCIDE"
.byte ... "RAILROADER"
.byte ... "JADWIGA"
.byte ... "RAWSTEEL"
.byte ... "PHILOSOPHER"
.byte ... "HOCHOMASAMUNE"
.byte ... "MEGALOMANIA"
.byte ... "RELENTLESS"
.byte ... "GRAEDUS"
.byte ... "WINEWAND"
.byte ... "GASHER"
.byte ... "PARADE"
.byte ... "UNDALAMINA"
.byte ... "BLUESTEEL"
.byte ... "MARCASITE"
.byte ... "DEPLETED"
.byte ... "UNLIVING"
.byte ... "JUNK"
.byte ... "DURANDAL"
.byte ... "LAEDO"
.byte ... "DYRNWYN"
.byte ... "NARPAS"

Black August fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 29, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I went with the nachos, shake and sauna. Comfort food and a hot steam to ease the ache in our battered body.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

To Achieve It, You Must First Be A Tyrant posted:

Thunders roar overhead, and I'm singing to myself.
I keep messing with my hands, never quite folding them into the simplicity of the Sign.
No, they both taught-told me in their own ways that first I had to be very gentle with my hands.

I look at them and feel the bones, young with memoir of old, curl arthritic in thought of a loaded gun and a sharp stone. I touch them gently and sit on my bed alone, thoughtful. I hate being patient. Can't stand it. But it's calling to me, and only because I have the miracle at last of what I never knew before: being loved, allowed privacy, given boundary, wanted fondly. I still don't know what to do with being wanted. I don't know how to stand the sensation. I want it so bad and it makes me sick with fear. But they keep attacking me so so softly... I hold Aitvaris and my heart does something crazy. I hug my Mom and I have to fight back tears that never happened for decades.

The fight is convincing the mirror that they deserve it.
That this will be here, with promise.
To learn so late what liking yourself even feels like.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Is that a gym? Ya'll we gotta keep our gainz going.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

i wonder what a railroader sword even does.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Looking forward to getting to know our new pet hellhound hot dog. Also, cyan of the cyan mercury cocktail is the colour of healing and we badly need some of that.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Marluxia posted:

Is that a gym? Ya'll we gotta keep our gainz going.

Ya, the sixpack subscription needs a renewal

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Regallion posted:

i wonder what a railroader sword even does.

The GM decides who you attack

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Twobirds posted:

The GM decides who you attack

lol

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Gigaplex Grub n' Games

Dry-Ice Icecream. - 3
Hellcharred Mystery Meat Sandwich. - 3
The hotdog. Ye- you heard what I said. - 15
Ruby Chocolate Bar. - 0
Ash Sweets. - 0
Volcano Nachos. - 6

Milk-Potato Sunburn Shake - 2
Rektyfikowany Spirytus Naga - 6
Degree-700 Hydration - 7
Fermented Ruby - 6
Cyan Mercury Cocktail - 6

FOOD - Lv1 - 2
DANCE - Lv2 - 4
GYM - Lv3 - 4
SAUNA - Lv4 - 8
MOVIE - Lv5 - 8

...LOADING

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
watching a movie in a sauna seems like the worst of both worlds. don't want to watch a movie while wet.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Indeed we are unthinkable

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Nea posted:

watching a movie in a sauna seems like the worst of both worlds. don't want to watch a movie while wet.

Vehemently disagree this will be amazing I can't wait

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I voted for food because i figured the Garbage Disposal was gonna demand extra payment for the Six Pack Subscription, given how we've been putting ourself through the wringer between Sunburner chems, MC&D chems, and getting hit by a car.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
Perhaps the theater will be playing a steamy romance film.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PepperedMoth posted:

Perhaps the theater will be playing a steamy romance film.

Out.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So much going on in this environment, sweltering wavy airs drifting upward in the ring of the heat-decayed speaker's muzaks. Flashing neons and mighty gemglass tubes pumping hot magma. The interior is so aglow with those powerful molten lights and golden reflections. It's strange to be in this unreal mindstate, my intent so easy to follow beyond the passout agony of my body, something there far in the back of my black ringing out with long waves across the impossible universal distances. Cradling me. Gentle to me. Helping my weary with something false and holy.

The thing is, this beautiful poem of gilt isn't being heard by the Trash Compactor. It's going for the food full tug madness, if only because my blood is screaming something about protein replenishments. I'm at the first-smelled stall, and I'm doing something that just makes zip-all sense if you're not half-dead and hungry. I slap the intense ruby-and-steel grill stall, and point drunken at the first thing on display- a hotdog. The same hotdog I saw back in the other theater. I'm not thinking clearly and take this as a challenge, and wave the ticket until it's heated and slapped down. Grilled plain bun... full-dog with no toppings. Too heavy. Little bit wet. Smelly. No sides.

Awful!!!

But my intent doesn't need to come into question. It's still gold in hue, and I'm both hungry-and-angry enough to get this over with. So I eat the damned dog, with monster fury. I need to hold it down. I need to make this the last time I see this evil.

(HT - Hold Down The Nasty Dog) 15 - [2]+[5]+[4] = 11 - Why are you bothering? Of course there's no penalty to this. I don't care how awful this cursed theater food is, I need calories. I'll digest whatever, and if you didn't manage to stabilize with the blue goo, then we'd be vomit city. Eat the drat dog, and then go wash it down with something.
[Hotdog-Healed For: 3d+4 HP = 17 HP!]

HP: [ -40 / 30 ] [Ow.]
FP: [ 7 / 15.▒ ]

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%]

I swallow it all and don't even think as I gag and cough hard enough to tear up. There. That's done with. No more damned dog.

The Fire Theater Hotdog did have some strange magic flavor under its stink...

Ugh! I need something to wash it down, now! There's a public dryad fountain tap, a lovely growth of weird volcanic foliage forming into a weird wood bowl filled with... is that water? It looks weird. I grab the recommended metal cup, dunk it, and drink it.

Immunity to Fire

Ah. That. Is. 700-degree water. Right below where it instantly turns into supersteam vapor. Magically maintained in a fully liquid form. Mmm. Ah. It passes into me as I stand there and forget the taste of the dog, purged out of me. I would have been tremendously dead if not for the grace of my solar blessings. The sensation is surreal. Like a steam cleaning. I cough and walk wide awake, and begin to shakily ascend up the ladders, touching the glowing-hot ruby drapes while navigating to sections that aren't about to collapse. I could stay on the base floor and feast, sleeping it off, but I don't feel safe enough to stay there. I need more. The next floor I could get off at intimidate me in my wound: I see glittering ruby ball-lights, garnet neon signs, more miraculous melting machines thundering out a heavy beat, and just too much sensory overwhelm and physical motion for the condition I'm in. Not now.? Further up is... what is this? It's like some kind of weird gym-arcade, exploding with colors and more sensory damage, and the demand of incredible physical activity. Something rainbow-dark in me cries out, but I tell it to pipe down and just eat up the ambience while I heal. The next floor- well, the problem is that the side on which I climbed the huge building does not have access to the 4th on my end. I'd have to work down and around. I could powerclimb, but I'm... tired. I don't want to. I look up and notice something to fix the issue: there is a 4th floor entrance on this ladder-climb, but it's a small one stationed between the 4th and the 5th. Okay.

The heat is rising. The world spinning with sound and firelight. The glow of so many burning shades as my head spins and body burns with internals steam. I crawl up into the nook, and find out it's a strange doorway set into a heavy chunk of wood jutting out from the ascending maze. It's a thick glass door with slit-vents, and above it is a placard for a VIP whose name is obscured from burn and rot. But VIP... includes me. My ticket proves. I open the door with no effort and go inside, and immediately the world is changed. I'm drowning! But no. The air: it's mostly heated water vapor! Like a grand ocean of invisible steam and liquid. Designed for a dryad to soak in. But I can bubble my lungs and comfortably navigate the supersauna. But my gear... I go down the dark hall, hwen of ruby tiles with brunt gold vents. There's a small dress-room with an arrow to a cubby where I can leave my everything. I do so with sense, keeping my gun with me. I'm thankful to be out of that awful suit. The watery airs soothe my wounded skin, and wash the blood away. I move slow in the ruby halls as my stuff is pocketed into a glass cube, exploring into rooms of solar-lamp-lit waterings, with liquid and steam showers, waterfalls, river channels, and other aquatic adorations combined with powerful heat. I feel something that might be peace. Or maybe I appreciate nobody can see or hear what pours from my tired eyes.

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][30%]

So this is the VIP area? I've been bathing in a heated pool, sighing as it boils around me. I get up as my pain is eased, and seek out the main hall walk I found connecting most of the special floor. I go to its terminus, and find what justifies the VIP of what seemed like a private pool park: this is a special room with accommodations! There's a strange room made mostly of a dark limoge wood, with heavy solar glass and warm lights with a handful of tropic plants. There's a solar-glass supertub, with crystals controlling its temperature almost exactly like the one back at my apartment shower. But it also controls stuff like bubble streams and waves... and a sliding wishglass screen that comes down, asking me if I want to put on something to watch while I soak! Absolutely. With this comes the option for a special tub injection, and I collapse shakily while deciding what to do for all these complex settings. I'd be overwhelmed and would just pass out in the gentle waters, but I want to take advantage of my fortune. My intent is still gilded... it's still so easy to manifest what I want. I guess clarity comes with car crashes.

Okay. The real question is first. What to set the hot tub to?
Second. What additives do I want injected into the tub to benefit me?
Finally. which movie to catch?

[Voting ends in the afternoon.]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

A look at the total chain of places visited so far in the game, as the second Megalith nears.

TRAVELOGUE posted:

Prologue
Ship
Beach
-
Holy Land
MC&D Store
Hideout
Flowering Forest
Hideout
Hunt & Gather Holy Valley
Hideout
Hunt & Gather Holy Valley
Jandoubi Back
The Camp
-
Hideout
MC&D Store
Hideout
Riverbell
The Red
Holy Land
Hideout
Hideout Back
Pluto Tower
Napp's
Keytooth
Dreamlands [Enchanted Woods - Ulthar - Eaumur]
-
Hideout
THRONE
Pluto City
The Mural
Culpartments
The Underground Forest

-
Emain Ablach
Lost Spring
Momma Logon's
Unliving Theater
Wonderful Suburbs
Bloody Megalith Back
Bloody Megalith
Bloody Megalith Crown
Bloody Megalith Back
-
Salt Lones
Colourloss
Hideout
MC&D Store
Hideout
Solar Woods Back
Solar Woods
Dreamlands [Ulthar - Parg - Sauber's]
-
Hideout
The Red
Ogre Encampment
Culpartments
The Underground Forest
Culpartments Back
Your Apartment
The Mountain Shallows
Kobold Market
Blacklit Beach
Beach Tree House
Doubler Nest West
Dog's Run
Interstate 76
The Mural
Dreamlands [Monstrous Dream]
-
Hideout
MC&D Store
Hideout
Napp's
Culpartments
Your Apartment
Arcade Hole --> Nuclear Arcade
Nuclear Arcade Back
Sunburner Blowout
Lost Spring
Solar Retreat
Bug Temple
Au Feu Suburbs
Fiery Theater

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Heads-up that the mythos madness VR is a clearly indicated “this will hurt you badly for no reason” option and it’s currently winning. We’re in a pretty good mental state right now, let’s not throw that away.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Or it will make us even more radiantly perfect

(I voted Paradise lmao we need a break holy poo poo we just got turbo-slammed by a flaming car)

Tbh I was surprised the chaos options weren't winning. I think the brush with death was a bit :staredog: even for the goonmind

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

tbh i completely forgot about the hot dog, guess i need a re-read. I just picked it because i thought we'd get a hellhound or some furry trash.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

You ever take a dip in a cold water after relaxing in a hot tub?

It’s a real test of fortitude, stings like crazy, but there’s lots of mumbo jumbo out there about how it can stimulate recovery!

It’s what athletes do!

Vote for ice bath! It’ll be miserable! :)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - VIP Car Crash Relaxation

The hotdog magics gifted...
Six-Pack ST bonus for paying with lovely Fire Protein! - 1
Burning hotdog additives force the Silver Mind to acknowledge its crown of conduction. - 6
The fire in the overgrilled dog is reacting with the Ruby Injection! - 3
The protein finds the fire of the Blade Majestueux, empowering it. - 0
It connected to the install of the Cheeseburger Magics, making it easier to cast them! - 13

The tub is set to...
999-degrees with the vortex function. - 5
Ideal-temperature with the 50-jet function. - 14
Ice-cold with the subtle-current function. - 2
Body-temperature with the waterfall function. - 2
Chaos-mode with a rotation of functions. - 3

The tub is filled with...
This one will just make the water do colorful lightshow stuff. - 2
This one promises to be rejuvenating. - 12
This one is a really intense nuclear-spice perfume. - 2
This one says it'll give you a day of real pep. - 4
This one confuses with a label that reads 'Pooling'. - 6

Let's see the movie...
Dryad Sun Witch - 10
Mythos Madness Majesty [VR] [*R͊̕ĄͯD̸̉I̴͛A̛͐N̚͞T̑͝*] - 5
Those Still Down In Paradise - 10
MC&D Infomercials - 3

...LOADING

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Regallion posted:

tbh i completely forgot about the hot dog, guess i need a re-read. I just picked it because i thought we'd get a hellhound or some furry trash.

The hotdog was only seen as an option in the last theater. Since it was successfully eaten, its tiny lore is revealed: it waits at every theater-type that spawns, and you can attempt to eat it as the worst option out of the concession lineup. It's really bad and hard to hold down, but if you manage to do so, you get some power of the surrounding area because the hotdog has been sitting there saturating in it for so long. In this case, Burner/Fire power. This breaks the curse and removes the dog from the concession spawns. If you lose your lunch, the dog will return again, and might double to replace another concession, repeating the doubling chance until conquered or the curse has overcome and replaced all concessions.

It'll be detailed more on the sheet and next post, but the burger option amounts to rolling against IQ+3 now to use it, as well as allowing the Cheeseburger Magics access to a Fire Menu.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oooohhhhh we get access to ghostpepper sauces and jalapeño cheeses.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

what is it with this streak of ties. is L.U.I.G.I. afoot in here too?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Flame broiled burgers!!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Cheeseburger magic has been fun, I'll grant you that. But picking it over more ST :argh:

Was busy all day, missed the vote. But looks like it wouldn't have mattered

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Black August posted:

The hotdog was only seen as an option in the last theater. Since it was successfully eaten, its tiny lore is revealed: it waits at every theater-type that spawns, and you can attempt to eat it as the worst option out of the concession lineup. It's really bad and hard to hold down, but if you manage to do so, you get some power of the surrounding area because the hotdog has been sitting there saturating in it for so long. In this case, Burner/Fire power. This breaks the curse and removes the dog from the concession spawns. If you lose your lunch, the dog will return again, and might double to replace another concession, repeating the doubling chance until conquered or the curse has overcome and replaced all concessions.

Don't ask how the sausage is made, it will break your mind

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Black August posted:

It'll be detailed more on the sheet and next post, but the burger option amounts to rolling against IQ+3 now to use it, as well as allowing the Cheeseburger Magics access to a Fire Menu.

contemplating a meme build reliant on duplicating terrible hotdogs to harvest ambient theater energies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

contemplating a meme build reliant on duplicating terrible hotdogs to harvest ambient theater energies

You fool, you'll summon Doubler like that!