Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jesus christ i'm old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Saltpowered posted:

They might have to land on a skateboard but Delta just got me the gently caress out of Denver. I may have no bags but I’m no longer sleeping in the piss and poo poo palace that is Denver terminal B.

United is cancelling or delaying dozens of flights again today there. Thanks DoT for doing nothing!

Glad you're making it out of there. I flew united and the same poo poo happened to me twice back in like, feb/march. Used Southwest for one of the days just to get home rather than wait a few days to return.

One thing that i've noticed in my business/personal experience in flying is that it loving commercial sucks and it's almost always worth just driving to wherever you want to go.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Willa Rogers posted:

So you're that rear end in a top hat, lol.
100%. being an rear end in a top hat is the only way to fly. checked baggage is for rubes.

also always board during the second group, they don't care and not paid enough to check. but i usually don't take up more than 1 overhead bin spot and then rest goes at my feet though, maybe i'll move it up to the bin later if there's a lot of room.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

i am harry posted:

you can just go to the airport and take a bag, it’s always been that way and I’ve always found it very weird. baggage claim is right next to short term parking

Back in the hippie days Steal This Book had all sorts of hacks like (even when they did do matches between luggage & ticket, but before the advent of 24/7 surveillance) having a friend meet you at the luggage carousel, giving them your luggage tag, them walking out with your luggage and then you filing a lost-baggage claim & getting free weed money.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah I just applied for two jobs (while on the clock, bazinga!) that would pay like 30-50% more and I would absolutely debase myself by doing one of those to get them. But then I am a cisgender vanilla white dude so there's no downside for me.

The weird part to me is like... who the gently caress is actually watching those? From being on many hiring committees before, it's hard enough to just get people to read the resume before the interview and send in their impressions/rankings in a timely fashion.

i think it's just sociopath recruiters and hiring managers. no one is actually watching the poo poo and based on anecdotes online it seems like 99% of people never hear back much like most application submissions in general, so it's a complete waste of time

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
If I’m traveling for work, it’s all in the carry on. By traveling with young kids for a week usually means that I have to check things. Car seats, strollers, extra bags for all their stuff.

There was a whole area at baggage claim in Denver just for car seats that has been checked. of course they gave up pulling them and said gently caress you after a little while…

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

would it be fine to just ship your luggage at this point with like ups

yea some people do this.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

euphronius posted:

prior to the strike that's about to gently caress everything up, sure

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

Back in the hippie days Steal This Book had all sorts of hacks like (even when they did do matches between luggage & ticket, but before the advent of 24/7 surveillance) having a friend meet you at the luggage carousel, giving them your luggage tag, them walking out with your luggage and then you filing a lost-baggage claim & getting free weed money.

"If you are really hungry, you can go into a self-service cafeteria and finish the meal of someone who left a lot on the plate. Self-service restaurants are usually good places to cop things like mustard, ketchup, salt, sugar, toilet paper, silverware and cups for home use. Bring an empty school bag and load up after you've cased the joint. Also, if you can stomach the food, you can use slugs at the automat. Finishing leftovers can be worked in even the fanciest of restaurants. When you are seated at a place where the dishes still remain, chowdown real quick. Then after the waitress hands you the menu, say you have to meet someone outside first, and leave."

lol hell yeah

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

"If you are really hungry, you can go into a self-service cafeteria and finish the meal of someone who left a lot on the plate. Self-service restaurants are usually good places to cop things like mustard, ketchup, salt, sugar, toilet paper, silverware and cups for home use. Bring an empty school bag and load up after you've cased the joint. Also, if you can stomach the food, you can use slugs at the automat. Finishing leftovers can be worked in even the fanciest of restaurants. When you are seated at a place where the dishes still remain, chowdown real quick. Then after the waitress hands you the menu, say you have to meet someone outside first, and leave."

lol hell yeah

Seems like a good way to get a free meal and hepatitis.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/rachelmetz/status/1673461525728620549

More signs AI Winter Is Coming.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it took me a few weeks of poking around with the openai apis to just realize that aside from all the made up info and legal issues, it's not economically feasible for anyone

at this rate it'll all be dead in the water by the end of the year, maybe a little longer

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

triple sulk posted:

jesus christ i'm old

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

heres what they're running with on MSNBC

webcams for christ posted:

in other news, Spain continues to be better than Germany:

https://twitter.com/heimbergecon/status/1674416951941279755

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

In Japan that's the standard way to travel. It goes straight to your hotel ahead of you and you pick it up on arrival. Makes a lot more sense than lugging around enormous bags yourself but it does rely on having an efficient, inexpensive shipping company that can be trusted to absolutely not gently caress it all up.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

kuroneko yamato ftw

never lets you down

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

triple sulk posted:

it took me a few weeks of poking around with the openai apis to just realize that aside from all the made up info and legal issues, it's not economically feasible for anyone

at this rate it'll all be dead in the water by the end of the year, maybe a little longer
we can sell lootboxes and battle packs in our AI As A Service subscription to Fortune 500 corporations to replace HR :twisted:

it will be highly monetized and the next new tech gold rush. would you like to buy a shovel? i've got great discounts on shovel!!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
at this point how is the 14th Amendment not considered unconstitutional?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

at this point how is the 14th Amendment not considered unconstitutional?

the Supreme Court already decimated more of it in the 19 century.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughter-House_Cases

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

heres what they're running with on MSNBC

that's not even the right chart for that label lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's loving insane that it seems like 75% of the job postings on i see linkedin are third party staffing companies, so they're truly not even real jobs

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

triple sulk posted:

it's loving insane that it seems like 75% of the job postings on i see linkedin are third party staffing companies, so they're truly not even real jobs

Also 90% of them have pride logos right now so they all just sorta blend together.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the contradictions are load bearing

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ketamine is cool so maybe he isn't so dumb afterall

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Xaris posted:

checked baggage is for rubes.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
No punishment on the part of allowing this to happen.

No attempt to reverse the Supreme Court decision

No NOTHING

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

being on ketamine 100% of the time sounds like it would give you real good brains

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
if I had a billion dollars you better believe I’m on ketamine 24/7

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

all the reasons I do drugs would evaporate if I had a billion dollars

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Egg Moron posted:

being on ketamine 100% of the time sounds like it would give you real good brains

whats the LD50 on ketamine anyways?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Every Fortune 500 company, every Ivy League College, and especially Federal level jobs like the CIA/FBI (it was already a "Good Ol' Boiz Club" to begin with but :lol: you aint seen nothing yet!1!1!)...

its literally like the 19-loving-50s all over again where the only positions available for non-asian PoCs are just Cooks and Janitors

... buuut I'm sure im just doomposting

Morbus
May 18, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

back in the day, if the baker was charging too much for bread, you blamed the baker. you knew where he lived and could gently caress his poo poo up. start a rumor campaign that he fucks chickens. whatever.

things are too diffused now. the cashier doesnt set the price, the manager doesnt even set the price. you might know who owns the walmart, but you cant go to bentonville to protest, you will be arrested and treated a freak. it doesnt matter. nothing matters.

otoh you can just take the bread and nobody at the shop will give a poo poo

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
lmao that they just let Roe slide away

But don't worry, voet and we'll protect... uh...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skooma512 posted:

lmao that they just let Roe slide away

But don't worry, voet and we'll protect... uh...

I bet he's gonna dangle expanding the court as part of his re-election platform and never mention it again if he wins

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I bet he's gonna dangle expanding the court as part of his re-election platform and never mention it again if he wins

They did that in 2020

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

triple sulk posted:

https://twitter.com/ybhrdwj/status/1673766716894253061

Good chance the bubble will pop within the lifetime of the thread, then we'll have the greatest Content on CSPAM since Trrmup was elected, considering this is the thing stopping the economy going up.

:getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ybhrdwj/status/1674031139873325056?s=20

lol

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1674514743632211974?s=20

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

loving laffo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Vox Nihili posted:

In Japan that's the standard way to travel. It goes straight to your hotel ahead of you and you pick it up on arrival. Makes a lot more sense than lugging around enormous bags yourself but it does rely on having an efficient, inexpensive shipping company that can be trusted to absolutely not gently caress it all up.

probably also requires hotels not to charge fees for accepting a package on your behalf, which they typically do