Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

wesleywillis posted:

What the fuckin poo poo is a kickon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
These are all actual Australians, and the first two look like b-tier radio hosts

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Please don't doxx me.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/triplejplays/status/1673915643115212801

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

:smith:

Elon a master. I do like how the ads in twitter are now the equivalent of Demtel though.

:corsair:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmao if you're seeing ads on twitter. Use tweetdeck at a computer or at least one of those addons that blocks all blue ticks. Do not use twitter on your phone - do not let Elon follow you to the shitter.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inceltown posted:

lmao if you're seeing ads on twitter. Use tweetdeck at a computer or at least one of those addons that blocks all blue ticks. Do not use twitter on your phone - do not let Elon follow you to the shitter.

BRB, dropping the Elons off at the pool

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
So what's the sudden fascination for Taylor Swift?

I get why she has #1 songs and stuff like that, but I don't get why there's such rabid support and fanatacism. She doesn't come across to me as an artist worth losing your poo poo over to the extent where tickets for her shows are front page news.

What have I missed here?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You best back off our TayTay there mate.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

H13 posted:

I get why she has #1 songs and stuff like that, but I don't get why there's such rabid support and fanatacism. She doesn't come across to me as an artist worth losing your poo poo over to the extent where tickets for her shows are front page news.

What have I missed here?

The Guardian posted:

– a concert the length of the movie Titanic, covering 17 years worth of potent nostalgia, turbocharged by the screaming of 70,000 people. It was the loudest place I’ve ever been.

It’s also the culmination of years of world-building and Swiftian mythology. Ever since her debut in 2006, Swift has cultivated a uniquely close relationship with her fans, posting on MySpace, commenting on their Instagrams, embedding secret messages in the liner notes of her CDs. With each album cycle, she has expanded on Easter eggs and clues playing on color coding, numerology and of course her lyrics. The result is a very loyal (and enormous) fan base primed to close-read Swifts every move, on-stage or off, as an all-consuming search for clues with personal ties to the star. As Swift told Entertainment Weekly in 2019 of her fans’ detective work: “I’ve trained them to be that way.”

:boom:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dunno if it's that sudden - her fanbase has been kind of insane for a few years now

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

H13 posted:

What have I missed here?

sounds like someones not a swiftie

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Russian ambassador calls Australia ‘vindictive’ after dead possum thrown over embassy fence.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blow posted:

Russian ambassador calls Australia ‘vindictive’ after dead possum thrown over embassy fence.

:australia:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

H13 posted:

What have I missed here?

At least a decade of popular culture apparently.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bill Posters posted:

At least a decade of popular culture apparently.

Has it been a decade? Like I swear she was just sort one of the quite a few interchangeable pop stars for ages, than suddenly in the last year stories about her teenage death cult causing international incidents with their numbers start happening?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's been more than a decade mate, you're just out of touch.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/angus_dalton/status/1674289560027807744

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Inceltown posted:

It's been more than a decade mate, you're just out of touch.

Hey me too, whenever they're talking about JJJ's Like A Version, they're always like "oh I like Beng Hong Mack Truck's version of the classic Porkulator track Flipper Me Gillets, imagine such a famous band doing such an iconic tune" and I've never heard of any of it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hopefully Taylor will do Khe Sanh at her Melbourne show.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
nice of them to blur his face like that

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

dr_rat posted:

Has it been a decade? Like I swear she was just sort one of the quite a few interchangeable pop stars for ages, than suddenly in the last year stories about her teenage death cult causing international incidents with their numbers start happening?

That whole nonsense over Shake It Off that should be played on Triple J happened for the 2015 hottest 100. So 2014.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
In what universe has tswizzle not been on the charts and in the background of pop culture for the last decade

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That whole controversy with Kanye interrupting her speech at some awards thing happened in loving 2009, so yeah she's been popular for nearly 15 years now

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Legit want that guy on the right's t-shirt.

In fact, I'm surprised there isn't already a market for almost-understandable gibberish AI made t-shirt designs.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In fact, I'm surprised there isn't already a market for almost-understandable gibberish AI made t-shirt designs.

Everyone has a side hustle these days mate, get cracking

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blow posted:

Next they're going to escalate to a live possum.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Blow posted:

Russian ambassador calls 'Strayans a buncha wanker cunts after dead possy thrown over embassy fence.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I had some fun with my Splatoon shirt confusing my uncle.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My little brother wore a Rainbow Badge (from Pokemone) on his suit to my wedding in 2013 and people thought it was some kind of political statement.
Nope, he's just a geek.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/timothyjweber/status/1672817159364567041

Fun fact about the overland. It wasn't called that because it travelled over land rather than sea but just because people were sick of the flat boring terrain you see from trains most of the time here and thus get "over" land.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I took the Overland from Melbourne to Adelaide
It's pretty flat and boring till you go through the Adelaide Hills
I wouldn't do it again but after a hectic christmas period it was nice to sit on a train all day with not much to do but read, look at the horizon and enjoy the leg room and reasonably priced beers at the bar

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they should terraform the nullabor

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they should terraform the nullabor

It's Perth's last defence against the east. Without it we'd be crushed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

It's Perth's last defence against the east. Without it we'd be crushed.

If they didn't befriend the emus/camels for protection that's on them.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

EoinCannon posted:

I wouldn't do it again but after a hectic christmas period it was nice to sit on a train all day with not much to do but read, look at the horizon and enjoy the leg room and reasonably priced beers at the bar

I grew up about half way between Melbourne and Adelaide and have many fond memories of trips on the Overland. I'm happy there is now an Overland museum.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
to spice up the overland they should install some sweet ramps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

EoinCannon posted:

My old housemate did customer service on those trains. They are essentially cruise ships, with similar excursions and a similar age demographic. At least the long routes like Adel-Bris or the Ghan were.