Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had no idea who that was and the episode wasn't funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I thought it was weird that Futurama did a Susan Boyle story in 2010 because I thought for sure her time in the spotlight had been like almost a decade earlier. Time really does keep on skipping!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I can't be objective when it comes to Futurama, I've seen the original run a trillion times, I enjoyed the movies and the comedy central episodes, and I am looking forward to the new bunch. I just love the show and even my least favorite episodes have things I find funny so July can't come soon enough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

People complain about em but I thought the tv movies were pretty good and fun

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Khanstant posted:

It's all in one episode but the rest are irritating robot Santa episodes.

No wait, it's all in one episode but the rest are irritating bender episodes and stories that go on way too long.

No wait, it's all in one episode but the rest are retreading Leela and Fry will they won't they.

gently caress me, if we have to put up with some more Bender shenanigans like him knocking up the vending machine or going to a robot monastery. Though I am curious to what point they are going to reset back to, the professor said they would revert back to when he created his time rewinder, but I always got the feeling that meant they would rewind to a time before the episode is set

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Aces High posted:

gently caress me, if we have to put up with some more Bender shenanigans like him knocking up the vending machine or going to a robot monastery. Though I am curious to what point they are going to reset back to, the professor said they would revert back to when he created his time rewinder, but I always got the feeling that meant they would rewind to a time before the episode is set

on the original comedy central airing they literally aired the first episode right after and it looped pretty well iirc

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Aces High posted:

what? they're doing a rewind, i assumed they'd just be continuing from last ep or + time gap.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

LividLiquid posted:

Futurama is an American show made by Americans. We knew who Susan Boyle was. She was everywhere for a minute. On TV and viral on all forms of social media as a feel-good story that super wasn't. It was just a reminder that we expect everybody to be model pretty.

Ye but I'm replying to the people saying they didn't know who she was.
For me that's like the people who're surprised in the Crown when Diana dies.

Chairman Capone posted:

I thought it was weird that Futurama did a Susan Boyle story in 2010 because I thought for sure her time in the spotlight had been like almost a decade earlier. Time really does keep on skipping!

Quite a bit of the revival made me feel like the creators were now too old. Very "remember this from a decade ago" vibes all over the place
Whereas Futurama itself didn't really have that for me

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Hopefully they just keep Meanwhile as the actual finale (insofar the timeline of events in the show matters) and these new episodes just take place an undisclosed time before that episode. It doesn't really need too much explaining/mentioning unless they explicitly do so in their new-new-final episode or something down the road.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Taear posted:

Ye but I'm replying to the people saying they didn't know who she was.
For me that's like the people who're surprised in the Crown when Diana dies.
Ah. Sorry.

Zedd posted:

Hopefully they just keep Meanwhile as the actual finale (insofar the timeline of events in the show matters)
They've had two great series finales and at this point they're pushing their luck.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I am extremely morbidly curious about the "Zapp Gets Canceled" episode. I need to see that episode, just like I needed to see every episode of Allen Gregory.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

YeahTubaMike posted:

Allen Gregory.

Mods?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I am extremely morbidly curious about the "Zapp Gets Canceled" episode. I need to see that episode, just like I needed to see every episode of Allen Gregory.

Everyone always quotes the Neutral Planet episode. So maybe this time will be good too?

heh no

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Zedd posted:

Hopefully they just keep Meanwhile as the actual finale (insofar the timeline of events in the show matters) and these new episodes just take place an undisclosed time before that episode. It doesn't really need too much explaining/mentioning unless they explicitly do so in their new-new-final episode or something down the road.

Not only will we get a new series finale, it will somehow involve Seymour Asses trying to take over the world.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
there is at least one new potential head in a jar i really don't wanna see

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Can't wait to see the Gen X take on that, I tell you what
(oh wait I live that every day just by looking at british media)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Clone High just came back after twenty years, and the first episode was literally “Abe Gets Canceled”. So you could watch that if you want a preview, but I strongly don’t recommend it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

IUG posted:

Clone High just came back after twenty years, and the first episode was literally “Abe Gets Canceled”. So you could watch that if you want a preview, but I strongly don’t recommend it.

How bad is it on a scale of 1 to "Old Man Yells at Cloud"?

I am dreading this Zapp episode because the title alone tells me all I need to know.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I didn't think the Clone High episode was bad, it was more about how language has changed in 20 years. Saying something is gay or retarded as a pejorative was normal in 2003, and regularly saw that in mainstream TV until like maybe 2010. So the main character keeps using that language and suffers the consequences. There were a few digs about being "overly sensitive" but it wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of people are claiming.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He makes a TikTok video apology.

At least they did a funny bit with a “cancel corner” of the cafeteria and stuck Marilyn Manson and Andy Dick’s character there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The only shred of hope we have is that it's Zapp. It has a slim chance of not being awful on the issue because it likely isn't what these stories usually are: a "nice" person, utterly blameless, caught up in a misunderstanding, as a way of telling we the audience that holding people accountable for the poo poo they did and never ever so much as apologized for that we're the assholes for bullying the poor millionaire by talking about how harmful some poo poo they did was.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmtcYvhj68

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stale surface level jokes about headlines from the past couple years is exactly what I expected

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I hope there’s gonna be blackjack and hookers.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

I hope there’s gonna be blackjack and hookers.
If not, we'll just start our own Futurama.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Everything about that was worrisome. Except the burro/burrow joke which was good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Stale surface level jokes about headlines from the past couple years is exactly what I expected

Yeah

Yeah.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

feetnotes posted:

Everything about that was worrisome. Except the burro/burrow joke which was good.

Man, I didn't even get that one.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Since he's in the teaser for the Crypto Wild West episode, I'd like to know why they think that the Borax Kid needs to keep showing up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

feetnotes posted:

My feelings exactly. It's a bad sign when there was exactly one dry chuckle to be had.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
how do you do a covid episode. who wants to see that poo poo at this point.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
For whatever it's worth, I hated the original Solar Opposites trailer and didn't watch the show for a couple of years because of it, but ended up liking the show once I did. Maybe Hulu is bad at making trailers for shows.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

how do you do a covid episode. who wants to see that poo poo at this point.

On the opposite side of the coin, I’ve been watching xfiles and their flu/vaccine eps made me think about the more things change…

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Remember when the Matrix came out and bullet time blew everyone's mind, then every movie either did it or made fun of it for the next decade and a half?

Now imagine a show coming out after all that and making fun of bullet time and thinking they're being the pinnacle of comedy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

On the opposite side of the coin, I’ve been watching xfiles and their flu/vaccine eps made me think about the more things change…

Lol watched some old SNL a while back and Ebola was the hot new disease going around. For the most part though the jokes would apply to any newsworthy contagion.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Remember when the Matrix came out and bullet time blew everyone's mind, then every movie either did it or made fun of it for the next decade and a half?

Now imagine a show coming out after all that and making fun of bullet time and thinking they're being the pinnacle of comedy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_Big_Boys

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That's legit my favorite episode.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Adult Swim's been running Boondocks reruns and boy does the Fried Chicken Flu episode hit different now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I wouldn't call that Matrix-style bullet time though.

Also, yes, legit good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Comedy trailers almost always suck poo poo because they go for the most low hanging fruits that people will recognize. It’s a bad trailer and the show might still be poo poo, but I don’t think this very surface level trailer is much of an indication of anything.