Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

cruft posted:

I worry that just browsing FYAD is going to get me probed. Can you clue me in?

I've peeked my head in a couple times and that place makes no sense, not a drop. I quickly scurried back to GBS(for the pig balls) and BYOB(for the laughs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

rear end-penny posted:

it's a few days late for Merzbow chat (and also maybe a different thread, I guess who fuckin cares tho) but I saw this in the random waffle thread and thought about that guy Merzbow posting a few days ago

Lol.
It's called noise, and it's fun to make. FUK U OLD MAN!

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
heeeey heeeey everybody who is up yobbin' around this evening? good!

B33rChiller

Gaylor Moon posted:

heeeey heeeey everybody who is up yobbin' around this evening? good!

Sorry, just chillin'
Can I get yah a cool one?

Dr. Honked posted:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm lurking

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
AW poo poo i just posted and blew my cover

Robot Made of Meat

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm lurking

:mods:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

cruft

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Before we had a gas grill, my roommate would use a 3 pound coffee can (OK, it was a while ago) with both ends opened. It seemed to work fine.

A charcoal chimney really isn't much more than a coffee can with a handle. You just need something to heat up the bottom coals, which then heat up the middle coals, which then heat up the top coals. It's pretty low-tech :)

B33rChiller

just need something to let air in the bottom, keep it all stacked together, smoke out the top, and don't touch with bare fingats, it's hot.
easy enough to engineer something like that out of household scraps, some metal grating and a set of bbq tongs.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

build your stack in the can like you would a campfire, with tinder, kindling, bigger kindling, and then have that covered in a stack of charcoal. ideally this will be on the bottom grate of your cooker. Let it smoke away and do its thing for 20 minutes, then have a peak. Are the top coals ashed over yet?
Y: use you are tongs to dump the coals in the bottom of your cooker, and your'res set
N: come back later and repeat the above.

SAFETY NOTICE: do this outside. Preferably away from air intakes and windows98/doors. Is bad smoke with lots of carbon monoxide.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Before we had a gas grill, my roommate would use a 3 pound coffee can (OK, it was a while ago) with both ends opened. It seemed to work fine.

I used to use a big coffee can with my skillet on top as an oven for roasting little hams when camping. Versatile consumer packaging ftw

Dr. Honked posted:

cruft

B33rChiller posted:

build your stack in the can like you would a campfire, with tinder, kindling, bigger kindling, and then have that covered in a stack of charcoal. ideally this will be on the bottom grate of your cooker. Let it smoke away and do its thing for 20 minutes, then have a peak. Are the top coals ashed over yet?
Y: use you are tongs to dump the coals in the bottom of your cooker, and your'res set

SAFETY NOTICE: do this outside. Preferably away from air intakes and windows98/doors. Is bad smoke with lots of carbon monoxide.

The sole advantage to a store-bought charcoal chimney is that you can grab it by the handle and dump the coals onto the grill. And mine has a little space where you can crumple up two newspaper pages for kindling: that's typically all I need.

But the process is otherwise the same and a coffee can is going to be just as effective as my fancypants $5 hardware store charcoal chimney.

cruft

Somebody should make a thread about grilling. We clearly have a lot to say about it, as a forum.

cruft

Oh snap, EFN already did

B33rChiller

thanks for the link

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

more falafel please posted:

when the soup's in a hole
that's dug in a baked bowl
that's a sandwich

*taps the gd PowerPoint deck*

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Randy Travesty posted:

*taps the gd PowerPoint deck*

Putting falsehoods and misinformation into a PowerPoint presentation doesn't magically transform them into truth. :colbert:

Ass-penny

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm lurking

:emptyquote:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

JNCO BILOBA

Barking Gecko posted:

Putting falsehoods and misinformation into a PowerPoint presentation doesn't magically transform them into truth. :colbert:

not with that attitude

Robot Made of Meat

B33rChiller posted:

Y: use you are tongs to dump the coals in the bottom of your cooker, and have another beer
N: have another beer before checking again

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Barking Gecko posted:

JNCO BILOBA posted:

not with that attitude

It's this. I learned this at my former gov job.

cruft

Hi I'm posting again.

hark

I'm sleep

cruft posted:

Hi I'm posting again.

hello!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

hark posted:

hello!

Welcome!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Robot Made of Meat

Chat?

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

chickpeas : garbanzo beans

they're just the same thing

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Hello welcome to the crazily perverted sex page

Well with both of those together I'm obliged to say that the difference is that hardly anyone's fetish is to have a garbanzo bean on them.

cruft

roomforthetuna posted:

Well with both of those together I'm obliged to say that the difference is that hardly anyone's fetish is to have a garbanzo bean on them.

Nominating this for funniest post of all time.

B33rChiller

rear end-penny posted:

it's a few days late for Merzbow chat (and also maybe a different thread, I guess who fuckin cares tho) but I saw this in the random waffle thread and thought about that guy Merzbow posting a few days ago

Thanks for the inspiration.
Chillin' with that noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZl5jwuOaJU

Dr. Honked posted:

hark

I'm sleep
that merzbow and sun ra album tho 😤

Midjack

Dr. Honked posted:

AW poo poo i just posted and blew my cover

:honked:

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

when a soup hits your eye
like a big pizza pie
that's a sandwich

when the soup's in a hole
that's dug in a baked bowl
that's a sandwich

Dr. Honked posted:

when a liquid is hot
and in a loaf like a pot
that's a sandwich

Dr. Honked posted:

when your mustard's a poupon
and you pour some hot soup on
that's a sandwich

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

kuskus

hello BYOB

Think about a song that can only be performed if you bake first because you bake part of the instrument. Even if it’s as simple as making a focaccia bread in olive oil and making sure it’s nice and crispy on the bottom, using that to washboard with your fingertips.

what are some other great bake-able instruments?

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Don't Go Bakin' My Heart

kuskus

Dr. Honked posted:

Don't Go Bakin' My Heart

woo-hoo!

I think I could bake a functional tambourine

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
The nitro pepsi is crazy good especially the cream flavored one it's a pro sip

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

kuskus posted:

woo-hoo!

I think I could bake a functional tambourine

yeah i think you're going to be limited to percussion type things unless you allow raw veg in there

hark

I'm sleep
drat, I am really in here CHATTIN this morning....WHEW. good morning y'all. hope you are well!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm lurking

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i probed myself for lurking but it didn't rehabilitate me at all. i'm still a crime lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Get posting or get toasting