Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
And after winning my first Infinite run, I lost my next two on the first match. HE Lockjaw lost to what I think was Sera Surfer, and Destroy lost to that Kitty/Bounce deck that's everywhere at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do conquest medals reset at the end of the season?

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Conquest medals will convert to boosters at a lower rate than what you can purchase in the medal shop, so spend them all.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
HE Hulk can kick rocks

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Going against Kitty / Bounce is basically the only way I climb right now, it’s the only time I’m not a scaredy cat about snapping early

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

When are the Spotlight Caches coming in play and should I be opening current caches or saving up for the new ones? I honestly can't tell.

For reference, I am S3 complete, have most of the S4 and S5 cards I want (barring fringe stuff like Stegron or the monthly pass cards that I skipped like Hit Monkey or Spider Ghost).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
IMO just open what caches you can now and then start saving them after the 11th when the changeover happens. none of the new cards next month look to be really gamechanging, so you'll have the opportunity to stockpile 4+ caches before the next must-have comes out

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I don't know if anyone knows for sure, but I'm guessing they come in with Jean Grey on the 11th. Second Dinner is on vacation next week so I can't imagine them popping that in there while no one is manning the fort.
As far as if you should keep your boxes or not, it depends how much you value collector's tokens. They're going the way of the dodo as soon as the spotlight patch hits.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Devo posted:

I don't know if anyone knows for sure, but I'm guessing they come in with Jean Grey on the 11th. Second Dinner is on vacation next week so I can't imagine them popping that in there while no one is manning the fort.
As far as if you should keep your boxes or not, it depends how much you value collector's tokens. They're going the way of the dodo as soon as the spotlight patch hits.

Can you still spend tokens after the patch?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Red posted:

Can you still spend tokens after the patch?

Yeah but you're going to get 10% as many on the collection track.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Devo posted:

Yeah but you're going to get 10% as many on the collection track.

They'll probably be converted to boosters soon after

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

They'll probably be converted to boosters soon after

They've said the Token Shop will stick around as a secondary card acquisition source.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

flatluigi posted:

IMO just open what caches you can now and then start saving them after the 11th when the changeover happens. none of the new cards next month look to be really gamechanging, so you'll have the opportunity to stockpile 4+ caches before the next must-have comes out

I have 60 reserves saved now and I don't plan on opening them before the change. (Unless I can somehow figure out which ones will become spotlight caches so I can just leave those and open all the others with the 'old' content.)

I think having a decent buffer of caches will give me more flexibility in choosing when to open a bunch of them.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Phew, only 7 Pool 3 cards left and honestly I've been pretty lucky with the pulls since the missing ones are Aero, Attuma, Black Panther (well, this could've been useful at some point I guess), Giganto, M'Baku, Orka and Shanna. Pool 4 is also 7/11 complete with only Knull, Negasonic, Snowguard and Stegron missing, which is a better situation than I expected since I've been like 95% F2P and bought only a couple of the value 5bux bundles and season passes since Surfer.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I have my Zola now! Woohoo!

Is there a fun big guys type deck? Is it no different from Electro ramp?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

crestfallen posted:

Some of the Zola combos are not in a standard ramp deck. Zola is really good with Venom or Black Panther, for example

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goddamn that felt good. As soon as he Iron Fist into Shuri I knew his game. Fury was nice enough to drop Hulk in my lap and I had plenty of power left. gently caress you Galactus.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Slowpoke! posted:

Some of the Zola combos are not in a standard ramp deck. Zola is really good with Venom or Black Panther, for example

In my experience Wong > T’Challa > Zola is weird in that it’s so incredibly obvious and easily disruptable, yet almost always seems to short circuit people’s brains into playing Shang-Chi where T’Challa was up until a moment ago. I don’t think I’ve ever had the combo go off where it didn’t somehow confound my opponent.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

A lot of times I see it coming and just can't do anything about it. Alternatively you could use it as a bluff because who runs Panther without that combo?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, the nice thing is you can mix it up by throwing in a Taskmaster instead of Zola sometimes, too.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

New Leaf posted:

Goddamn that felt good. As soon as he Iron Fist into Shuri I knew his game. Fury was nice enough to drop Hulk in my lap and I had plenty of power left. gently caress you Galactus.

What am I not seeing here? How did you drop Hulk and Sentinel and Elektra?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lobok posted:

Elysium. Hulk 5, Sentinel 1, Elektra 0

Also of note, none of those cards started in my deck, they were Shield member pulls and Forge.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Lobok posted:

Elysium - Cards cost one less

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Galactus needs one more change - it starts with "At the end of the turn,"

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

crestfallen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcLz3z9Cnqc

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Any ideas for some decks that can win infinite in conquest? And how to play them? I would like to have a go at getting me the infinite border.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

New Leaf posted:

Elysium. Hulk 5, Sentinel 1, Elektra 0

Ay-yi-yi I knew it would be something simple! :doh:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

uXs posted:

Any ideas for some decks that can win infinite in conquest? And how to play them? I would like to have a go at getting me the infinite border.

[slightly sour grapes] every time I lose in Infinite conquest it's to a high rolling JaneJaw w/ HE Hulk, so I think it is a matter of playing that deck enough times you get enough high rolls to win

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uXs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvjpJq1a_k

Here's a whole mess of them. Spoiler alert: Bounce and HE Lockjaw are the best.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Shoot. I don’t have Nimrod.

The Wong > BP > Zola play line. It’s just chance which one Zola gets, right? So if he picks Wong, you just go oops that sucks?

I know that is always an inherent risk with Zola. My brain was trying to think of ways to create situations where anything Zola picks is really useful.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

crestfallen posted:

The Wong > BP > Zola play line. It’s just chance which one Zola gets, right? So if he picks Wong, you just go oops that sucks?

Nope, because Wong doubles Zola too!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

crestfallen posted:

Shoot. I don’t have Nimrod.

I know that is always an inherent risk with Zola. My brain was trying to think of ways to create situations where anything Zola picks is really useful.

if the lane is JUST Wong, BP, Zola

wong makes the zola go off twice, so IDEALLY you pull Wong first and then BP who on-reveals AGAIN, twice. Usually 4 -> 8 (ZOLA) 8 ->16->32

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wong bp Zola is great fun until you realize the enemy deck can't have Cosmo enchantress rogue or shang chi

And if they don't they're retreating because everyone knows the combo

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sandwolf posted:

if the lane is JUST Wong, BP, Zola

wong makes the zola go off twice, so IDEALLY you pull Wong first and then BP who on-reveals AGAIN, twice. Usually 4 -> 8 (ZOLA) 8 ->16->32

If Zola pulls Wong first, you get 64, not 32.

T4 Wong
T5 BP, he reveals twice, 4->8->16
T6 Zola
If BP goes first, he reveals from 16->32 on the other two locations.
If Wong goes first, he reveals from 16->32->64 on the other two locations.

If you can also get Zabu out T2, you can POTENTIALLY get a super-duper wombo-combo by doing Wong T3, Shuri T4, BP T5, then Zola T6...BUT you run the risk of Zola sending Wong and Shuri and not BP.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm still amazed at my own cleverness when I Odin a zola. Even though everyone knows what I'm about to do.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

BillsPhoenix posted:

My HE deck is similar, I have the cl1/2 cards, but no spiderman for a control.

My next box was Spiderman! Now for hit monkey and daredevil.

Running a budget HE, swapping spiderman for shocker. Undefeated so far.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

wyoak posted:

Going against Kitty / Bounce is basically the only way I climb right now, it’s the only time I’m not a scaredy cat about snapping early

What are you running that's doing this? I'm only seeing kitty/bounce and Jaw/HE hulk at infinite runs.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Snazzy Frocks posted:

And if they don't they're retreating

They never do, though. They never do.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Nikumatic posted:

Nope, because Wong doubles Zola too!
Oh duh. Jeez. If I would have thought about it for 2 seconds.

Thanks everyone. It’s a very telegraphed thing with lots of weaknesses but it’s so powerful and fun to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Wong bp Zola is great fun until you realize the enemy deck can't have Cosmo enchantress rogue or shang chi

Or Aero. It's vulnerable to Magneto and Debrii as well, although not quite as much.