Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RandolphCarter posted:

I just assumed a game called harvestella would be a farm game

it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The last screen is a black out with white text

It is playing a music box rendition of the main theme. It is beautiful. I am crying.

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 05:57 on Jun 30, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

KirbyKhan posted:

The last screen is a black out with white text

Fin

It is playing a music box rendition of the main theme. It is beautiful. I am crying.

yeah diablo 4 really hits you right there man

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

loquacius posted:

Yeah like I'm sure A Hat In Time is good and everything and it's 50% off which is great but I just spent $30 on games for myself and $4 on a game for my daughter and I dunno if I can justify another $15 on top of that when I could just show her Mario Odyssey

Or Banjo-Tooie tbh, I've been avoiding it because it killed off Bottles and he was her favorite character but maybe it'd be ok? He's a cartoon ghost right

I really wish you could still legitimately purchase steam codes to gift to people so I could throw them at peeps who want to try new games but are hesitant because of the cost.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

got invaded and backstabbed by femboylover69 :allears:

never change, Dark Souls

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

got invaded and backstabbed by femboylover69 :allears:

never change, Dark Souls

sounds like they may not be the one typically doing the back stabbing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

loquacius posted:

I ended up getting Chained Echoes AND FFIX btw, that's what sales are for

Also someone recced Yooka Laylee to me for my Banjo-Kazooie-loving daughter and it's 90% off for $4 rn so I snagged that too

Yooka Laylee ehhhh....

Have a look at Tinykin, if you haven't already. It's kind of a Pikmin/Banjo-Kazooie hybrid

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tinykin is one of the few games I will unabashedly recommend. Someone in this thread described it as a Pikmin/Banjo-Kazooie hybrid, and they were handsome and correct

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
play banjo kazooie after yooka laylee and teach ur kid the difference between good and lazy game design

a valuable real world lesson

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tinykin rules, it's on gamepass too

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i had fun with the tinykin demo and it's def a pikmin-like but it has a lot of charm and they may have expanded it a lot from what i played certainly good for a kid-friendly experience

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Its pikmin minus the grim and looming spectre of war, more about movement and controls are massively improved in this regard, and most importantly theres no seesaw balancing puzzles. Also you can skate around on a bar of soap.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I finally got the AK74's vertical grip unlocked and it's extremely satisfying to spray down people using lovely meta 2.1 horizontal recoil assault rifles who are stuck using semi auto.

Idk why people like to use weapons that are so bad so much of the time.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
ended up buying the game "paranormasight: the seven mysteries of honjo" and also mcpixel 3 which is like less than 3 bucks everyone should pick that up

heard paranormasight was like the nonary games series so even though its not that on sale i still thought it was worth it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
My Summer Sale haul is, I'd like to think, pretty modest:

- Sniper Elite 4
- For the Glory
- Attack at Dawn: North Africa
- three Age of Empires 2 DLCs: Lords of the West, Dawn of the Dukes, and Dynasties of India, to complete the collection
- Pillars of Eternity 2 Obsidian Edition

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
are there literally any other games in the world like superhot?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

are there literally any other games in the world like superhot?

Frozen synapse kinda

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

- Pillars of Eternity 2 Obsidian Edition

I tried very hard to like PoE2 but couldn't get into it and ended up putting it down maybe 2/3rds in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

I tried very hard to like PoE2 but couldn't get into it and ended up putting it down maybe 2/3rds in

sometimes i was having a great time sometimes i felt like i was dragging my rear end around from fast travel point to fast travel point

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A good night of Fortnite

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

A good night of Fortnite

are you winning, son

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gratz 👍

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what if everyone itt got way into dominions 5

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

what if everyone itt got way into dominions 5

thought u were gonna say dominos. brings back memories for me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lpzie posted:

thought u were gonna say dominos. brings back memories for me.

face me, in dominos. mexican train, no redraws

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/picklepissiere/status/1674518590052093952

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmao they're wiping liabilities off the books just in time for the new fiscal year

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yooka Laylee ehhhh....

Have a look at Tinykin, if you haven't already. It's kind of a Pikmin/Banjo-Kazooie hybrid

omg I forgot about Tinykin, yeah get that 100%. tinykin rules

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

steam has gone woke

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
first they came for my skullgirls 15 yo nazi panties and i did not speak out
then they came for my CSGO rare skins money laundering and there was no one left to speak out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
wokeness is destroying video games

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how in ffxvi the character who is said to be blessed with knowledge on the nature of the world turns to the camera and says "you will never enact change by talking, burn this system to the ground."

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

I like how in ffxvi the character who is said to be blessed with knowledge on the nature of the world turns to the camera and says "you will never enact change by talking, burn this system to the ground."

Cool. How long does it take before they do something cartoonishly villainous so the audience knows not to side with them?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ended up buying the game "paranormasight: the seven mysteries of honjo" and also mcpixel 3 which is like less than 3 bucks everyone should pick that up

heard paranormasight was like the nonary games series so even though its not that on sale i still thought it was worth it

Picked up McPixel 3 a couple weeks ago and it's a really fun handful of hours, even if you're prepared for a surprise itll still surprise ya at times

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Cool. How long does it take before they do something cartoonishly villainous so the audience knows not to side with them?

That statement is made with his dying breath after sacrificing himself to save the protagonist so I think you are meant to side with him.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the real takeaway from ff16 is sick cutscene bro

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

was wondering what went on, my avatar I had for 15 years got deleted and I got a warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1674691856045600768

sValve-a gamingii