Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The funny thing is he was somewhat normal on Twitter until recently. He’s very much doing the anti-AEW grift at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davescherer/status/1674541176630673410

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That gives me an idea...

I don't use the word 'hero' lightly, but you are the greatest hero in American history.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/PAYTONPRINT/status/1674170717779238913

Guess who made the women's animations in the 2K games buddy.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol the one time that guy got promoted to starter was because paul heyman figured there was zero chance of him getting hired elsewhere

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
My favorite review of Justin Credible from back in the day was that he was literally just a mix of everything that had worked so far in ECW, Sandman's Bamboo Cane, Raven's Pants, etc etc etc.

The last I had even heard of him was from him showing up drunk to a show, going out and slurring through a promo on the mic and then getting dragged out of the arena by security. But apparently he had a whole run of being horrible on the indies from like 2015 on when I tried to google it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/PAYTONPRINT/status/1674170717779238913

Guess who made the women's animations in the 2K games buddy.

People are suddenly going all the way out of their entire minds over the "realization" the video game devs reuse things.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How often do you think Justin Credible brings up that he was technically part of the Kliq?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bartok posted:

How often do you think Justin Credible brings up that he was technically part of the Kliq?

One of his recent quote tweets was of a picture of the Kliq with Harley Race (but not him) and had that vibe.

Someone just sent me this and man.

https://twitter.com/PJPOLACO/status/1435808723973427202

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

One of his recent quote tweets was of a picture of the Kliq with Harley Race (but not him) and had that vibe.

I get PWI is a Kayfaybe list but seeing any version of Credible ahead of Liger is just laughable

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The whole anti-AEW grift thing is weird to me? It's well-known that Tony Khan used to go to ECW shows with his dad, which is why he booked Sabu, and the guy's really respectful of all kinds in wrestling and wrestling history as a whole. He booked Gangrel just Because. So you're telling me he wouldn't have happily brought in Justin Credible for a Pure Championship judge spot and paid him or something? I know that Cornette unlocked the Rush Limbaugh Method of grifting people online by pretending to be mad about poo poo and some have followed in his footsteps to middling success, but it just feels wildly counterintuitive to even do this when a billionaire who is predisposed to liking you if you wrestled before 2010 could easily just give you a spot if you ran into him or one of his contacts next WrestleCon.

It's also just sad. Justin Credible, when I was training, actually had a really genuinely good little Wrestling Etiquette 101 primer I think on YouTube that helped get my feet wet before I even took a bump. If he wants to make some money just open a school or an online correspondence course. You could probably sell some pamphlets and make yourself a tidy sum for very little effort. It's not that hard to be a carny and get wrestling fans to part with their money without jumping in on the hilariously transparent grift.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just based on interviews from the past and other tidbits while part of this is an Anti-AEW thing it's also just old guys being bitter against new wrestling which has been a thing forever. Twitter and Social media has just made it more public whereas before it was mostly just shown in the sheets or when they'd get together at the like con or the Cauliflower club

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dawgstar posted:

People are suddenly going all the way out of their entire minds over the "realization" the video game devs reuse things.

Also, like… the whole point is to have moves and animations for people who can’t be in the game but who you could make as custom characters. Why would you just fill the entrance taunts with fake poo poo or only ones from people who are already in AEW?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's because anti-aew drives the most traffic. if being pro-aew drove more traffic, that'd be the grift

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

yea ok posted:

it's because anti-aew drives the most traffic. if being pro-aew drove more traffic, that'd be the grift

Case in point, an AEWBotches post got like 700 likes and the entire content of the post was just frothing at the mouth over the prospect of someone dying on AEW TV.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MassRafTer posted:

What the gently caress, Jeff Jarrett and late stage WCW Mike Awesome (who was doing either "That 70s Guy" or "Fat Chick Thriller" at the time) ahead of Liger, what the hell is this list?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Strong Jonathan Gresham energy

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
there was a solid period of time where if your local indy booked Justin Credible then you knew they were Not Doing Well. guy was like that grim reaper knocking meme for shithole z list feds.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What the gently caress, Jeff Jarrett and late stage WCW Mike Awesome (who was doing either "That 70s Guy" or "Fat Chick Thriller" at the time) ahead of Liger, what the hell is this list?

It's a very odd list, even if PWI. Like what the hell was Vader even doing in 2000?? Japan?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The whole anti-AEW grift thing is weird to me? It's well-known that Tony Khan used to go to ECW shows with his dad, which is why he booked Sabu, and the guy's really respectful of all kinds in wrestling and wrestling history as a whole. He booked Gangrel just Because. So you're telling me he wouldn't have happily brought in Justin Credible for a Pure Championship judge spot and paid him or something? I know that Cornette unlocked the Rush Limbaugh Method of grifting people online by pretending to be mad about poo poo and some have followed in his footsteps to middling success, but it just feels wildly counterintuitive to even do this when a billionaire who is predisposed to liking you if you wrestled before 2010 could easily just give you a spot if you ran into him or one of his contacts next WrestleCon.

It's also just sad. Justin Credible, when I was training, actually had a really genuinely good little Wrestling Etiquette 101 primer I think on YouTube that helped get my feet wet before I even took a bump. If he wants to make some money just open a school or an online correspondence course. You could probably sell some pamphlets and make yourself a tidy sum for very little effort. It's not that hard to be a carny and get wrestling fans to part with their money without jumping in on the hilariously transparent grift.

Yep, these old timers forget that TK has access to funds many times over the value of Vince McMahon AND has shown interest in pay days for people he has nostalgia for. WWE barely gives these guys the time of day.

Doing anti-AEW schtick is immensely short sighted but they wouldn't be wrestlers if they were capable of long term thinking.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's kayfabe, and it treats people who have top/world titles as pretty much equal across different sized promotions, so it's super weird.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1glitch0 posted:

It's a very odd list, even if PWI. Like what the hell was Vader even doing in 2000?? Japan?

He was in All Japan and then NOAH from October, specifically he started the year as Triple Crown champ and then held the Tag Titles with Dr Death

Just for humours sake, I looked up the November 2000 DVDVR 500 list, they have Justin Credible at 319. (Some Texas-based rookie called American Dragon was at 284) Jushin Liger was 34.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 30, 2023

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

fez_machine posted:

Doing anti-AEW schtick is immensely short sighted but they wouldn't be wrestlers if they were capable of long term thinking.

The Hulkster's instincts for politicking remain strong.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheCrossman25/status/1674682012584509441

https://twitter.com/TheCrossman25/status/1674684592085778432

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 30, 2023

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
This thread is very boring, so I stopped reading, but apart from being very boring it gives very little insight on what reins the Romans used instead focusing on the stirrups. https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-ancient-Romans-ride-horses-I-heard-that-they-didnt-have-stirrups-or-reins-back-then

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wanna see Rock fall on such hard times he agrees to come in as Fake Roman Reigns in a wig after Roman jumps ship

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Diesel and Razor Ramon never amounted to anything

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't think he would be on Dynamite because he could absolutely get 200 million to stay put, but it's very funny to pretend you wouldn't recognise Roman Reigns if he was billed as Greek Rules.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Let's look at the bio...

"Family Man and Wrestling Fan! Conservative Dad, Vote Tory!"

That's enough looking at the bio.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think he would be on Dynamite because he could absolutely get 200 million to stay put, but it's very funny to pretend you wouldn't recognise Roman Reigns if he was billed as Greek Rules.

I’d lol if his name was Joey Carthage

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

PWI Top 500 lists don't seem to actually follow a calendar year; at least as of recently, it's explicitly July 1 [previous year] to June 30 [year of award].

CM Punk came back to wrestling/AEW in August 2021 and did not appear on the 2021 rankings. Then he was #3 for 2022.

In June 2000, Justin Credible had just won the ECW title back in April. That FY2000 period for Mike Awesome includes his ECW title run and initial jump to WCW, but only the initial "Career Killer" phase where he got TV wins over Sting, Scott Steiner, and DDP, not the "Fat Chick Thriller" gimmick which debuted in July 2000.

It's a kind of silly kayfabe list, made sillier by being run on fiscal years.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

haunted bong posted:

I’d lol if his name was Joey Carthage

Byzantine Jones

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Italian weatherman Roman Rains

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

samoa joe nunber 2

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Duke Pukem posted:

Byzantine Jones

But I digress

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

He was in All Japan and then NOAH from October, specifically he started the year as Triple Crown champ and then held the Tag Titles with Dr Death

Just for humours sake, I looked up the November 2000 DVDVR 500 list, they have Justin Credible at 319. (Some Texas-based rookie called American Dragon was at 284) Jushin Liger was 34.

Yeah, I was under the impression this was considered Vader's late-career renaissance, especially coming off his WWE run.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

During the period PWI tracks Vader had a career renaissance in All Japan and helped them have a fantastic 1999 and into 2000 prior to the split after they got a bit stale. He had one of the best mid to late 99s - mid 2000s of anyone.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Edge & Christian posted:

PWI Top 500 lists don't seem to actually follow a calendar year; at least as of recently, it's explicitly July 1 [previous year] to June 30 [year of award].

CM Punk came back to wrestling/AEW in August 2021 and did not appear on the 2021 rankings. Then he was #3 for 2022.

In June 2000, Justin Credible had just won the ECW title back in April. That FY2000 period for Mike Awesome includes his ECW title run and initial jump to WCW, but only the initial "Career Killer" phase where he got TV wins over Sting, Scott Steiner, and DDP, not the "Fat Chick Thriller" gimmick which debuted in July 2000.

It's a kind of silly kayfabe list, made sillier by being run on fiscal years.

Their PWI Awards issue is around the start of the year; makes sense that they wouldn't want to do two big issues back to back

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
people who get hung up on things that happened months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, he's not signed by them is the main reason, I would assume.