Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve seen these diecast guys in Miniso too (albeit in different packaging) and they are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Do they actually combine?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

With enough glue, anything can combine!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I love the brand name. It's like someone was all "Honda? More like RONG Da! :smug:".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SWAT
THE TRANSFORMERS

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I found a YT of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpKwKanmnBo

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
As a heads up:

https://twitter.com/HailKingCrimson/status/1674173760658886656

TFsource got hacked

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It’s canon

https://twitter.com/skybound/status/1674478659539984384?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Good, that's the colour he should be

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LOL what if the last one is Megatron but he uses a leader-sized Seeker mold?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Saw Rise Of The Beasts tonight and yes, it's very much in the mould of Bumblebee and not Bayformers. The final battle outstays it's welcome because of course it does, but not in that "holy gently caress why won't this end" way I got with Revenge Of The Fallen. One thing I did notice was that the fight scenes definitely didn't have the chaotic camera work that was a signature calling card of Bay, and so the fights genuinely seemed to have some heft to them

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

Good, that's the colour he should be

:wrong:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
rumble is bled, frenzy is rue

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Selfishly I was sort of hoping for Frenzy and Buzzsaw

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Forgive me for Taintreaping but we might get a Fortnite Battle Bus Crossovers figure and it will use a retool of Studio Series Transit, the only other Transformers character with a bus alt mode.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rumble being the blue one is like Armada Sparkplug being Leader-1. It's an error and should be forgotten.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It literally makes more sense.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Nodosaur's right on this one, folks. This whole operation is to sell toys and Masterpiece Rumble is the red one.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This is a perfect opportunity to sell us Core Class Frenzy (Red) and they are MISSING OUT

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Nodosaur's right on this one, folks. This whole operation is to sell toys and Masterpiece Rumble is the red one.
To Sell Toys favours the cartoon version by virtue of the wider reach.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is a perfect opportunity to sell us Core Class Frenzy (Red) and they are MISSING OUT

I didn't even get the chance to buy Rumble (blue)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Arquinsiel posted:

The toy is red, and Hasbro knows how weird grown adults get about 80's cartoons so they take the coward's way.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

Of all Rumble's recent toys, only Studio Series has been blue

His other releases overwhelmingly favor red

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thanks for the warning, I nuked all the saved info I had there and transferred my preorders elsewhere

XTB Overdrive shows as coming soon at Showzstore, I've bought very little in the way of transformers this year but I'm kind of stoked for him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/Skybound/status/1674810548394000384?t=Ya1SYSc2aMJrOCtJ7a1Bkg&s=19

Wow, what an extremely safe line up

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The toy is red, and Hasbro knows how weird grown adults get about 80's cartoons so they take the coward's way.
They wildly swing back and forth because they, like me, enjoy the nerdrage.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you think rumble is red and frenzy is blue, you are stupid. I know, that's insulting, but it's also the truth

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That seems unnecessarily aggressive, friend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
but also unnecessarily correct

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's true that Rumble's original toy was red. It's so true that Megatron's original toy had a massive cock and a prostate-tickler trigger, but I don't see anyone complaining about those not being honoured.

Anyway, I just got out from seeing Indiana Jones, and at one point there's a big plane with IG-YAK written on it in giant letters that takes up most of the frame.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dabir posted:

It's true that Rumble's original toy was red. It's so true that Megatron's original toy had a massive cock and a prostate-tickler trigger, but I don't see anyone complaining about those not being honoured.

It's not just the original toy. It's a lot of modern toys. And comics. And various other sources.

The only meaningful work where Rumble is blue is from a cartoon that misapplied the name to the wrong model sheet.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I grew up post G1, so Blue Rumble and Red Frenzy make sense to me just because of the Bouba / Kiki thing. Hasbro should arbitrarily swap them every so often just to mix things up though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Arquinsiel posted:

They wildly swing back and forth because they, like me, enjoy the nerdrage.

Same. Let them fight.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's not so much nerdrage so much as one side is on the side of a lovely cartoon that hosed up, and the rest of us are correct.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Frenzy is Red
Rumble is Blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Frenzy is Blue
Rumble is Red
Atatatata
You're already dead

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

By the standards of FIRRIB
Enemy is blue
As you can plainly see
This fandom says things that aren't true

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Speaking of G1 toy accuracy, one of these days it would be cool to see versions of the characters that reinterpret the original toys rather than their animation models.

Wheeljack with gorilla arms and a visor instead of a mouthplate

A Megatron whose entire helmet hasn't just been squished down to become eyebrows

Optimus with all his stickers applied

Thrown in a headless Ironhide, why not

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

Speaking of G1 toy accuracy, one of these days it would be cool to see versions of the characters that reinterpret the original toys rather than their animation models.

Wheeljack with gorilla arms and a visor instead of a mouthplate

A Megatron whose entire helmet hasn't just been squished down to become eyebrows

Optimus with all his stickers applied

Thrown in a headless Ironhide, why not

Hirofumi Ichikawa did a doujinshi like this

Made Banzaitron awesome too

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) is blue, it says so right in his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) is blue, it says so right in his name.

yeah, because it's based on the movie, which follows after the cartoon that screwed up