Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

wholesale

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought a 2 pack of branded KIRKLAND SIGNATURE hats, some Flojo's (idk what the brand is but they are comfortable flip flops), some bath towels, some clearance blankets for the CATS and some paper products... BUT THEY WERE OUT OF ISOPROPOL ALCOHOL!

Overall a good but expensive trip

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Made a trip solely for that 6pack of Kirkland white T's for ~$23 at business open the other day: They only had XL and Medium. I looked in those shipping boxes for a good three minutes past when I knew it was futile.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Good luck to all who are braving the holiday weekend crowds at the 'sco.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chinatown posted:

Good luck to all who are braving the holiday weekend crowds at the 'sco.

I'm gonna be in that loving parking lot tomorrow by 9:30.

It'll still be full.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gonna go in a bit to get a pack of dogs

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

some Flojo's (idk what the brand is but they are comfortable flip flops),

They are the best ones you'll find for under $80, and are something like $15 at Costco.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kind of horrified at the prospect of a bunch of goons gooning over kitchen knives. ngl

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Has anyone seen any protein drinks on sale in the last year? The current prices are insane.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

pentyne posted:

Has anyone seen any protein drinks on sale in the last year? The current prices are insane.

+ H2O

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

How many dogs do you have? One of those bags lasts like 5 months for my 45lb mutt.

I have 2 70ish lb dogs. I don't especially burn through the food, but there's a bit of sticker shock when you buy a few at once.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Man gently caress Costco cat products. One of the first things where I can’t believe how poo poo their brand is. The wet food smells rancid. Not cat food smell, like incredibly sulphuric and just bad to the point that I double checked the expiration date.

The litter is also poo poo. Tons of dust even by kitty litter standards to the point where the cats developed a loving cough. Ever heard a cat with a hacking wet cough because of all the powdery clay in their litter? Neither had I.

Goddamn Costco, do better. Chewey it is I guess.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Silica crystal cat litter is a game changer anyway. Move past all that super market crap.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Man gently caress Costco cat products. One of the first things where I can’t believe how poo poo their brand is. The wet food smells rancid. Not cat food smell, like incredibly sulphuric and just bad to the point that I double checked the expiration date.

The litter is also poo poo. Tons of dust even by kitty litter standards to the point where the cats developed a loving cough. Ever heard a cat with a hacking wet cough because of all the powdery clay in their litter? Neither had I.

The orange bag cat food has been pretty solid! We're switching a medical dry food soon for one of the cats, but it's always been very solid.

The wet food, both pate and shredded, was returned after two cans were used because ALL THREE of my cats hated it. That has never once happened, it's usually just one of my two cats, but ALL THREE said gently caress that poo poo.

The litter is egregiously dusty and I'm honestly mad they haven't replaced it with something that isn't legitimately worst in class by my own standards

They also very rarely have like, cat beds or anything cat focused, just dog stuff that's small enough for a cat

Rare Costco fail!!! Hire me to be your cat merchandiser and I will make you MILLIONS Costco!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

AmbientParadox posted:

:goonsay: actually you can! At least in the state of California, you can legally purchase liquor without a membership. I believe prescription meds also don't require a membership

Which means you also don’t need to present the membership ID to get in to buy those things, so same question.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

At my 'Co right now and drat if they ain't giving samples of the vanilla ice crea

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I've been feeding my cat Maintenance Cat for awhile now and it has done a good job of maintaining my cat

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Pershing posted:

At my 'Co right now and drat if they ain't giving samples of the vanilla ice crea

PBUC

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Cyrano4747 posted:

nothing but blue buffalo for my kitty

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pencilhands posted:

:same:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
My cat is 16+ years old and used to the Costco clumping so I will stick with it, dust and all, until she kicks it. Also it says it right on the label, it's 99% dust free which means it's 1% dust.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

rodbeard posted:

What are they called? I'm always looking for gluten free stuff.

Goodie Girl. It's a cardboard box with a sandwich cookie pictured on it.

E: If anyone knows a better deal on cat litter, I'm all ears. I buy the co size every 4-6 weeks.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Goodie Girl. It's a cardboard box with a sandwich cookie pictured on it.

E: If anyone knows a better deal on cat litter, I'm all ears. I buy the co size every 4-6 weeks.

We just pay a few bucks more for tidy cats via Chewey.

It’s not that much more. Not enough to deal with the Costco stuff.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Not at all surprised about that poor guy dying doing carts. We have triple digit temps today and a supervisor offered to buy Gatorade for all the cart pushers but the head manager told him he wasn’t allowed because “they need to get used to the heat.” Same manager told me I was being a crybaby when I mentioned I was disturbed by another coworker telling me about killing dogs and small animals. There are poo poo heads everywhere, even at our favourite business.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DamnitGannet posted:

Not at all surprised about that poor guy dying doing carts. We have triple digit temps today and a supervisor offered to buy Gatorade for all the cart pushers but the head manager told him he wasn’t allowed because “they need to get used to the heat.” Same manager told me I was being a crybaby when I mentioned I was disturbed by another coworker telling me about killing dogs and small animals. There are poo poo heads everywhere, even at our favourite business.

what the gently caress?

You don't get "used to the heat" when it involves dehydration.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If it's real dehydration the body has a way of shutting it down (it = kidneys)

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

what the gently caress?

You don't get "used to the heat" when it involves dehydration.

Yeah that’s what I said too but if the person in charge says gently caress you then what else can you do?

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

DamnitGannet posted:

Yeah that’s what I said too but if the person in charge says gently caress you then what else can you do?

[REDACTED]-in their skull with a tire iron

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

DamnitGannet posted:

does your warehouse at least have like, one of those orange construction site water dispensers with ice water outside for them or is all hydration forbidden in the cart mines?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Where the hell are the giant white vinegar jugs?! It’s been months at any Costco in my area having any in stock.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

Cyrano4747 posted:

We just pay a few bucks more for tidy cats via Chewey.

It’s not that much more. Not enough to deal with the Costco stuff.

I love Costco but I also love chewy. The chewy billionaire guy is the other billionaire who is exempt from being septic tanked into the ocean deep. Chewey guy and whoever brings Patriot back.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

DamnitGannet posted:

My Costco does the opposite of this because they actually care about their employees. If I did carts at your warehouse I would be calling corporate about that shithead manager. At my store we buy cases of water for the cart crew all the time. They have a cooler full of ice outside for the water or anything they bring with them so they don't get dehydrated.

Virigoth posted:

Where the hell are the giant white vinegar jugs?! It’s been months at any Costco in my area having any in stock.

My warehouse got rid of the big jugs and replaced it with a different brand that's a two pack of smaller jugs. I'm not sure why they did it because the big jugs sold very well.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Bought frozen tortellini, mozzarella balls, grape tomatoes, cucumber and salami all in one costco run. Time to meal prep some pasta salad. And then meal prep some more because I have way too much of each ingredient.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

does your warehouse at least have like, one of those orange construction site water dispensers with ice water outside for them or is all hydration forbidden in the cart mines?

there was a water dispenser just inside the front door but that was taken away a while ago because people were hanging around there/using it too much. Now you either carry it with you (most people use a camelpak) or you have to walk all the way to the other side of the warehouse to get water from the breakroom.

Jingleheimer posted:

My Costco does the opposite of this because they actually care about their employees. If I did carts at your warehouse I would be calling corporate about that shithead manager. At my store we buy cases of water for the cart crew all the time. They have a cooler full of ice outside for the water or anything they bring with them so they don't get dehydrated.

honestly between this and giving me poo poo for saying i felt disturbed and unsafe working next to someone who says disturbing things to me on purpose just to upset me, i'm tempted to shoot a line to corporate about her. unfortunately shes been in this position for 32 years so i imagine she's more practiced in maneuvering her way around the corporate world than i am. i also worry about it coming back to me. she said she can't retaliate against me, but she also stressed that i can't trust anyone in the warehouse so idk.

Has anyone tried the smores cookies yet? i almost bought some but i had already spent enough that i wasn't sure if 10 dollars for 24 cookies was a good idea or not.

DamnitGannet fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 1, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Granted I'm in Phoenix, but they have a whole shade structure with chairs, liquids, and huge rear end misting fans set up in the parking lot for the cart people.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

pencilhands posted:

fancy feast for my fancy beast

and science diet

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Costco lets employees use the soda fountain in the food court

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

What kind of dbag prevents Gatorade being given to employees working in the hot sun :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

pencilhands posted:

What kind of dbag prevents Gatorade being given to employees working in the hot sun :psyduck:

The state of Texas.