Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Didn't Alastair Campbell literally tell people to vote Lib Dem on television and nothing ever happened to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Cat Tax

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Tesseraction posted:

That sword is completely unusable but ngl that's a cool idea for a handguard. Apart from clearly being dangerous to your hands and therefore impractical.

It also looks like someone could easily snag it out of his hands with, for example, a rake, and then someone else disembowel him with, for example, a pitchfork.

Actually I’ve come round to it, I like it now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No it was this big black rusty thing. That looks big but like, not unreasonably big. The one I saw was bigger than me, like zweihander size but worse.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Macron is trying to blame the massive riots sparked by racist cops on , wait for it, video games

https://twitter.com/alertesinfos/status/1674755007357370368?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

No it was this big black rusty thing. That looks big but like, not unreasonably big. The one I saw was bigger than me, like zweihander size but worse.
vierhander

Today in "what is the point in labour?"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Macron is trying to blame the massive riots sparked by racist cops on , wait for it, video games

https://twitter.com/alertesinfos/status/1674755007357370368?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

I have a sudden urge to play Assassin's Creed: Unity

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

It's true y'know, there is no history of people being mad & damaging private property (literally the only thing he gives a poo poo about) in France until Pong was created.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

They don't like it up them!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

There were two "Reigns of Terror," if we would but remember it and consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passion, the other in heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon ten thousand persons, the other upon a hundred millions; but our shudders are all for the "horrors" of the minor Terror, the momentary Terror, so to speak; whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe, compared with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty, and heart-break? What is swift death by lightning compared with death by slow fire at the stake? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by that brief Terror which we have all been so diligently taught to shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the coffins filled by that older and real Terror—that unspeakably bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see in its vastness or pity as it deserves. Tetris.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've been feeding the park robins for about two months now and have got to know them really well. I get half kilo bags of live mealworms on Amazon, keep it in the fridge, and take out a small pot each day.

The only robin that has a name is Eric Cartman, and I've watched it grow up from a fat fledgling into a dominant and very round young adult. I think he killed his two younger siblings, and possibly his parents. He probably ate them too. He went missing ten days ago, and I assumed that he also met his fate, but he returned yesterday as plump as ever:

:allears:

Prior to feeding the birbs, I was in a really bad MH space and fighting terminal thoughts on a daily basis. These cute and violent bastards seem to have turned that completely around, and they give me a reason to leave the flat each day. A friend started putting live mealworms out on his bird table to the delight of a local magpie population. They've started leaving him gifts, as well as tapping on the window when the bowl is empty.

If any of you are struggling, get some mealworms and befriend your local birbs.

This account now will return to shitposting unfunny CWS's :toot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

It's true y'know, there is no history of people being mad & damaging private property (literally the only thing he gives a poo poo about) in France until Pong was created.

Au contraire, the French have always had a problem with Pong

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I've been feeding the park robins for about two months now and have got to know them really well. I get half kilo bags of live mealworms on Amazon, keep it in the fridge, and take out a small pot each day.

The only robin that has a name is Eric Cartman, and I've watched it grow up from a fat fledgling into a dominant and very round young adult. I think he killed his two younger siblings, and possibly his parents. He probably ate them too. He went missing ten days ago, and I assumed that he also met his fate, but he returned yesterday as plump as ever:

:allears:

Prior to feeding the birbs, I was in a really bad MH space and fighting terminal thoughts on a daily basis. These cute and violent bastards seem to have turned that completely around, and they give me a reason to leave the flat each day. A friend started putting live mealworms out on his bird table to the delight of a local magpie population. They've started leaving him gifts, as well as tapping on the window when the bowl is empty.

If any of you are struggling, get some mealworms and befriend your local birbs.

This account now will return to shitposting unfunny CWS's :toot:

Eric sounds like a good friend! Hope he doesn't take an interest in dogs

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Convex posted:

Eric sounds like a good friend! Hope he doesn't take an interest in dogs

I think he wants to eat the dog

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Brilliant post. My allotment pond is the edge point of loads of territories so we get lots of things sharing the space that would normally see off any competitors. Not Robbo the robin though, he will absolutely gently caress up anyone he disapproves of trying to get a drink.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/rivkahbrown/status/1674771274478809088?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

'Our mates would kick the poo poo out of us if they caught us doing the same to them'.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

That sword is completely unusable but ngl that's a cool idea for a handguard. Apart from clearly being dangerous to your hands and therefore impractical.

Massive unwieldy swords are good for ceremonial executions of kings.

(as a joke, in minecraft, etc.)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Didn't Alastair Campbell literally tell people to vote Lib Dem on television and nothing ever happened to him?

He was expelled from the party tbf

Although people who stood as candidates for the Lib Dems at that election have since been admitted back into Labour, so the only real criteria is, as has always been the case, "do we like you or not?"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

Massive unwieldy swords are good for ceremonial executions of kings.

(as a joke, in minecraft, etc.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Murder as tried is generally free.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Super-rich warned of ‘pitchforks and torches’ unless they tackle inequality

quote:

In the ballroom of the five star Savoy hotel on the Strand in central London, the super-rich and their advisers were this week advised that they may soon need to watch out for people with “pitchforks and torches” unless they do more to use their fortunes to help the millions struggling with the cost of living crisis.

At an investment conference organised by Spear’s wealth management magazine, members of the global elite and their financial teams were told by progressive advisers that there was a “real risk of actual insurrection” and “civil disruption” if the yawning inequality gap between rich and poor was allowed to widen as a result of energy and food price hikes hitting squeezed households.

Welcome to London, 47; the epicentre of the global financial elite. Your target, or should I say, targets...

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Rich people have had too long living without fear of the rope :getin:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I would be surprised if he can even lift it.

There's this absolutely loving massive bastard they had on display in the Scottish national museum when I was there some years ago. I think they said it was probably ceremonial because I don't see how you could use it as a weapon.

Pfft put more runes into strength and you'll be dual wielding colossal swords in no time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

Pfft put more runes into strength and you'll be dual wielding colossal swords in no time.

Sorry, already turned brain into magic rock so I could shoot magic rocks good. I am an academic, see.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Birds are good. Our feeder has become the epicenter for the local sparrow and starling colonies. Not the most glamorous, but I love them.

Very excitingly we had a woodpecker the other week. We only get them during heatwaves, don't know if that' because the tree bark becomes too hard or something.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seeing the bird feeder reminded me of the spinning device designed to stop squirrels pinching the bird food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfHu-UJaK0Q

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jezza smacking down the FACTS

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1674798266695954433?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

This tweet alone will have him condemned as a lunatic trot who hates his country

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

keep punching joe posted:

Rich people have had too long living without fear of the rope :getin:

mandatory submarine trips for the wealthy

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Jezza smacking down the FACTS

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1674798266695954433?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

This tweet alone will have him condemned as a lunatic trot who hates his country

Love the responses that are like "what next, power??!!"

Yes.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Meanwhile Sunak, who is a man we are supposed to respect as a serious, grownup politician, is proposing amateur dentistry

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1674793513870045189?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is it safe?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Therapists doing dental work is where they talk to you about how hosed your teeth are.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Look my therapist is great and all, but I don't want her anywhere near my teeth.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
You can live with the chronic pain of decaying teeth with the power of mindfulness.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

Is it safe?

For who?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rishi's new influx

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
.e: uhh yeah that ^^^

Miftan posted:

For who?

It's a Marathon Man reference (best avoided if you have any anxieties about going to the dentist! )

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sebzilla posted:

Love the responses that are like "what next, power??!!"

Yes.

this is how I learn that you can't view tweets anymore unless you have a twitter account and are logged in :argh:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

kecske posted:

this is how I learn that you can't view tweets anymore unless you have a twitter account and are logged in :argh:

It's a good thing, embrace it.

Hopefully they'll nuke embeds as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
All these fash centrists defending expulsion of Neal Lawson from Labour for suggesting electoral pacts, while people who have literally stood as candidates for other parties are welcomed with open arms.
:bahgawd: :bahgawd: :guillotine:

(I have never heard of Neal Lawson before today so this is not a defence of him, a comment only on the hypocrisy).