Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
IPAs are garbage anyway

"oh I hosed up the brew because I suck rear end at brewing? well poo poo I guess I'll just add more hops! oh poo poo my typewriter fell in oh well i'll just put some skulls on the label and call it The Sound and the IPA or some stupid bullshit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

IPAs are garbage anyway

"oh I hosed up the brew because I suck rear end at brewing? well poo poo I guess I'll just add more hops! oh poo poo my typewriter fell in oh well i'll just put some skulls on the label and call it The Sound and the IPA or some stupid bullshit"

i think they're fine but they gotta be the easiest to make because like 9/10 craft beers are IPAs. where the hefeweizens at??

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I'd love it if more breweries did lagers, but they're harder to make at a small scale so nobody does.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
They're hopped that way so the British could export it further and ruin the world even more so also the East Indian Company was big fans for god knows what reason. Guess after sitting in the boat all that time it tasted better than anything else they could get their hands on. Anyways blame the British.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

cat botherer posted:

I'd love it if more breweries did lagers, but they're harder to make at a small scale so nobody does.

those complex decoction-mashed dunkels I drank 1000 of in Germany were some of the best beers I’ve ever had but it’s so labor intensive and Americans don’t really want subtle flavors.

just like good Vienna lagers are subtle in taste and refreshing and we just don’t get enough quality examples.

having said all that, I was an IPA-enjoyer when I drank—but it’s far from the best style.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

There's nothing wrong with IPA or having a brew pub on every town square?

They're just preparing for the future when the water infrastructure collapse. Our ancestors drank beer over water for a reason.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Internet Pale mAle

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

cat botherer posted:

Yeah, but most places will have a kolsch or pilsner which is close enough.

speaking of generations, this is the most elder millenial chat ever lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's mid day Friday before a holiday let's bring on the IPA chat. All the brewpubs did was hipsterfy and gentrify the old style saloon. What's old is new again now pick up your axe and throw it.

ipa is the grossest type of beer i will drink anything else first

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Goons with baby palates can’t handle an IPA.

Bell’s Two Hearted is one of the best beers ever made.

Apr 7, 2003

More like Smells Poo Farted

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Centrist Committee posted:

generations aren’t real and willa is right

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

normalize hating IPAs and the dunces who enjoy them

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

You all should drink more water. (While you still can)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

where the hefeweizens at??
give me belgians

actually try making beer you loving losers

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Centrist Committee posted:

generations aren’t real and willa is right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are IPAs legal in Germany ?

Apr 7, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

You all should drink more water. (While you still can)

no

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ipa are whatever but Hefeweizen is just nasty

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

give me belgians

actually try making beer you loving losers

I homebrewed for over a decade. Belgian Tripel ester supremacy :respek:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

euphronius posted:

ipa are whatever but Hefeweizen is just nasty

different strokes for different folks, enjoy whatever thing you like :)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

sours crew

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I remember catching a fresh pour of rodenbach grand cru and I got actual loving goosebumps. sours loving rule but they’re so labor intensive. also they require so much fermentation space and time that they become even less economical for microbreweries.

e: I’ll shut the gently caress up about beer I can talk about it all day

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

the IPA and sour trend has slowed down in craft beer and now there are a ton of US craft breweries doing good classic german/czech styles. I like that there's variety

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

where are your fave sours in mpls?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

IPAs are like reality TV shows - they're cheap to make, and thus there are way too many of them.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

:cheers:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Beer is disgusting swill and based on numbers I can't find and so made up, will be replaced in decades by the rapidly-growing market for makgeolli, the fermented grain beverage that doesn't taste like poo poo.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

where are your fave sours in mpls?

well a lot of them are only around short term, but the breweries I like for them the most are modist, blackstack, prye's, junkyard, lupulin, untitled art, tripping animals, drekker (they make more sours than anyone i think, and they are all pretty intense).. there's a liquor store very close to me that sells a ton of single cans, which is great.

this was my favorite one ever and got me into them

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Alcohol destroys your ability to do spiritual warfare

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

beer is way too many calories

jsut drink something with no calories like vodka

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beer is based.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

actionjackson posted:

well a lot of them are only around short term, but the breweries I like for them the most are modist, blackstack, prye's, junkyard, lupulin, untitled art, tripping animals, drekker (they make more sours than anyone i think, and they are all pretty intense).. there's a liquor store very close to me that sells a ton of single cans, which is great.

this was my favorite one ever and got me into them

thanks, i need to try more modist stuff

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

ipa is the grossest type of beer i will drink anything else first

:hai:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

normalize hating IPAs and the dunces who enjoy them

:hai:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

the IPA and sour trend has slowed down in craft beer and now there are a ton of US craft breweries doing good classic german/czech styles. I like that there's variety

same but I love sours. there’s this one loca place that does mariondairy sour and it’s so loving good, like drinking a sweet tarts in beer form

variety is good and beer is based. although I’m olde and rarely drink these days. maybe one beer every 2 weeks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Xaris posted:

lol there was a dumpy rear end unflipped non-remodeled 2BR/2Ba house with a pretty bad kitchen that was going up for sale next to my apartment and i thought maybe it’d get listed for <850 cuz it’s pretty small and not exactly family friendly. well... it just went up for 1 mill

with like 8% mortgage rates lol

so this place got 21 offers and looking like it’s selling for 1.3m lol

housing is still hosed

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

euphronius posted:

beer is way too many calories

jsut drink something with no calories like vodka

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

don't sign your posts