Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Sexology is largely a story of creeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Doc Hawkins posted:

im getting the impression that Kinsey was trying to put his finger on the perineum as it were

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

endocriminologist posted:

Sexology is largely a story of creeps

i would have believed this before i listened to the episode, now i think it's underselling the situation. the summary mentioning "nazis," plural, is not an empty promise.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Doc Hawkins posted:

i would have believed this before i listened to the episode, now i think it's underselling the situation. the summary mentioning "nazis," plural, is not an empty promise.

I'll take a listen! Hate these guys

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

He moved to Montana to set up his company. The CIA recruits has recruited from aviation firefighters, known as smoke jumpers, for supply drops missions in South East Asia, Africa and Latin America. Strangely reading about smoke jumpers who worked for the CIA they all seem to come from Montana.

quote:

They were sworn to secrecy. In fact, they couldn’t use their real names.
Their story went untold for more than 50 years.
Now, Ray Beasley, and four of his smokejumper buddies from Montana and Idaho, were invited to Washington, D.C., and finally recognized for their secret CIA missions over Tibet in the 1950s and ’60s.

quote:

Before dawn on the morning of April 17, 1961, my father (William MacDonald) stood outside the door of a jump plane at a clandestine CIA airbase on the coast of Nicaragua. He had been up all night, helping 170 Cuban exiles don their parachute rigs and equipment. Speaking no English, he and a fellow smokejumper from Missoula, Mont., relied on hand signals with the men, helping cinch straps, fasten buckles, and secure helmets.

quote:

Garfield Thorsrud was a Missoula, Montana, smoke-jumper tasked with training two CIA officers at the Nine Mile training facility in Montana in 1951. The CIA recruited Thorsrud and six other smoke-jumpers on a covert operation in Taiwan to train Nationalist Chinese paratroopers to facilitate personnel and cargo drops over mainland China.
That training facility mentioned is a parks facility that works with agencies training back country survival and navigation skills.

Incidentally I learnt there's a Hmong community in Montana because one of the CIA smoke-jumpers, Jerry Daniels, lobbied the CIA to help resettle Hmong refugees in his home of Missoula, Montana after the US pulled out of Vietnam.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 19:39 on Jun 28, 2023

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hunter biden is a shitcoating to cover up for james biden

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hunter was also shitcoating the inside of the sensory deprivation tank

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I think my bother here rests on H. Biden being ignored as, essentially, trite, when it's a slice of the story, and in this way the greater story also goes unmentioned. It is not just The Misadventures of Hunter Biden, it's the sitting president of the United States forking over tens of billions in public monies to support a war in a country from which he is receiving and has received kickbacks.

Kickbacks from the energy sector... he blew up a loving pipeline! This is not trivial poo poo for me to be comfortable going unmentioned. There is a whole rear end war tied to this with actual men, women, and children dying.

Dying for Bush's Bidens oil profits...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I think the main concern i have at this point is identifying where the cutoff point is where you have to be a monstrous fucker and not just a credulous careerist idiot to ascend further, because that's exactly where the guillotine needs to fall. It should be obvious that people who are at the top, or in the social orbit of people at the top, are all basically iredeemably evil, and this transcends party and politics.

Miles Blundell
May 7, 2023

by Pragmatica

mdemone posted:

I vaguely remember something in older, pre-WWII sexology studies about the infant orgasm thing. maybe I'm just thinking about Slothrop from Gravity's Rainbow

The only thing in pynchons 20th century novels that isn't based on a real thing is the taking dogs and nobody can tell me otherwise

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Marenghi posted:

He moved to Montana to set up his company. The CIA recruits has recruited from aviation firefighters, known as smoke jumpers, for supply drops missions in South East Asia, Africa and Latin America. Strangely reading about smoke jumpers who worked for the CIA they all seem to come from Montana.

That training facility mentioned is a parks facility that works with agencies training back country survival and navigation skills.

Incidentally I learnt there's a Hmong community in Montana because one of the CIA smoke-jumpers, Jerry Daniels, lobbied the CIA to help resettle Hmong refugees in his home of Missoula, Montana after the US pulled out of Vietnam.

A lot of American SF guys seem to come from Montana, for whatever reason.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The real poo poo for Hunter Biden wasn't the laptop it was the iCloud hack. That thing was a literal minefield for csam and assaulting sex workers mixed with discussing foreign corrupt practices in plain text. Along with photos of his dick and him smoking crack.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
for the latest in a long line of things that we have found is an op, how about "SNL is an op"

code:
https://twitter.com/corpseinorbit/status/1674021486204530688

quote:

Paul Simon, who broke the anti-Apartheid boycott to steal music for GRACELAND, is good friends with Lorne Michaels and Henry Kissinger. The present SNL headquarters was used in the ’70s for meetings of the Gladio group Le Cercle, with which Kissinger was involved. Huh

It was Kissinger who got Nixon to read CENT UNUM, a Cercle manifesto + strategy memo essentially about how the US should seed far-right Catholic "anticommunist groups" all over the world, following a meeting at 30 Rockefeller Plaza

Whether this came directly from CENT UNUM, I don't know, but that idea should remind you of the whole Solidarnosc/Radio Free Europe/Catholic gang-up in places like Poland right at the end of the Cold War, all that John Paul II horseshit about Catholic "freedom"

___

code:
https://twitter.com/corpseinorbit/status/1674017657593516035

quote:

Oh, and something so surreal that I forget it: L'Oréal, the cosmetics company, was also a front for distributing French fascist/CIA/Gladio cash via fake jobs, and the guy who founded the company was the main financial backer of La Cagoule

[and from the replies: in 1984, Ron Lauder, son of Estee Lauder, became Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for European and NATO policy at the US DOD]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

for the latest in a long line of things that we have found is an op, how about "SNL is an op"

code:

sinead knew

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

that was some incredible poo poo to see live

(not in person, but on TV)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:

___

code:

The National Lampoon was too much of a threat to the ruling class, so they stole all of their stars and laundered them into a safer product

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

eschaton posted:

that was some incredible poo poo to see live

(not in person, but on TV)

90's/early 00's SNL occupies such a weird place in my brain, i feel the same confused fondness for it as i do like, Garfield, and it was strangely capable of punching above its weight class into hyper relevancy now and again (Sinead, Kanye, a few of the other scandals)

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, this is the other side of the problem for me. I have less than zero desire to follow the various right wing shitlords who talk about Hunter. Beyond just not wanting to bathe my brain in the non-Biden horseshit they spew, I also can't trust the poo poo they're saying about Hunter because loving none of them are above distortions, willful misinterpretation, and outright fabrication if it fits their narrative.

Frankly, it's just not worth it to know more. I can accept the broad strokes of the story as true but wading through bullshit to find out exactly which company was paying who and when they were doing it doesn't give me additional ammo when discussing things in real life, since it's such a poisoned well that we're beyond evidence nor does it help me personally understand the world better.

The whole grift is very basic and something that the vast majority of national politicians of both parties engage in to one degree or another, at least to the level of getting their failchildren do-nothing / no-show jobs in exchange for favors later.

Granted, I don't personally buy that any part of our response in Ukraine is driven by Hunter and Joe's relatively penny ante graft so if you disagree with that, I suppose it becomes more important but as I see it, Ukraine is largely a pawn in that and our actions are driven by geopolitical rivalry with Russia and we'd be responding the same way whether or not there was any cash funnelled to the Bidens.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
The only thing about hunter biden I want to know is if that was really one of obamas daughters in his bed, as identified by the birthmark

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
malia sumbitches, as has been identified by birthmark
(a.h.b.i.b.b.)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAe0TPYOi0Y

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

smarxist posted:

malia sumbitches, as has been identified by birthmark
(a.h.b.i.b.b.)

real name Obama Wheat? author of the song "gravity train"?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i had a good laugh today hearing the trueanon guest say that the first 2 usaf casualties were on the day of that branch's founding and it was a crew transporting purported evidence of aliens from a scifi magazine editor that had been mailed a recovered item by a reader. the plane had a mechanical oopsiewoopsie or so they say

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

i had a good laugh today hearing the trueanon guest say that the first 2 usaf casualties were on the day of that branch's founding and it was a crew transporting purported evidence of aliens from a scifi magazine editor that had been mailed a recovered item by a reader. the plane had a mechanical oopsiewoopsie or so they say

how dare you jumble murray island artifacts story so badly ray palmer spins in his tiny, tiny grave

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

how dare you jumble murray island artifacts story so badly ray palmer spins in his tiny, tiny grave

He's gonna tunnel all the way down to Agartha at this pace

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

better than lemuria at least

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

better than lemuria at least

we're all thinking it

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lemuria balls

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_y7mR-j8_0

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i wonder how many people have been killed by drone operators wearing kitty ears

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
So was Bella Porch the original army e-girl or have they just been trying to replicate her success with these ones.

Her viral video that made her famous in 2020 remains the most viewed on Tiktok. The timeline of her naval career varies depending if you read recent or older articles. More recent ones claims she personally signed a waiver to join the navy while underage due to not having her fathers permission. This timeline then has her finish her term and not renew in 2019. Older articles she joins a year later when she is of age and finishes in 2020 around the time she goes viral.

She claims she was depressed and doctors recommended she not renew for another term. With recruitment as it is I'd thought they'd want to keep staff. Her time in the navy she was stationed in Japan where she got a Rising Sun tattoo. She wasn't overt in mentioning her Navy past nor was she covert. It didn't come up too often but her profile did say 'proud navy vet' and she occasionally posted videos wearing her uniform. If she was a psyop it was a subtle one. If it was a practice run on viral techniques none of the overt psyop e-girls have come close to her success.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Marenghi posted:

Bella Porch the original army e-girl

The timeline of her naval career varies depending if you read recent or older articles. More recent ones claims she personally signed a waiver to join the navy while underage due to not having her fathers permission. This timeline then has her finish her term and not renew in 2019. Older articles she joins a year later when she is of age and finishes in 2020 around the time she goes viral.

She claims she was depressed and doctors recommended she not renew for another term. With recruitment as it is I'd thought they'd want to keep staff. Her time in the navy she was stationed in Japan where she got a Rising Sun tattoo. She wasn't overt in mentioning her Navy past nor was she covert. It didn't come up too often but her profile did say 'proud navy vet' and she occasionally posted videos wearing her uniform.

motherfucker...

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A good porch faces West so you can watch the sunset from it.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:
___

code:

nice

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I don’t see what’s groundbreaking about identifying the armed forces’ use of advertising, spokespeople etc for the purpose of recruitment

Uncle Sam wants me??? :wth:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Wow can you believe the military is exerting influence using contemporary media streams? What kind of advanced psyop sorcery is this?? Motherfucker!!! :argh:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

Wow can you believe the military is exerting influence using contemporary media streams? What kind of advanced psyop sorcery is this?? Motherfucker!!! :argh:

next you'll tell me video games are military propaganda

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's kind of a weird adaptation of the "my day at linkedin!" tiktoks. idk if a shooting range and an apache simulator are 1:1 exchangeable with complimentary lattes and massages

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Their advanced deployment of modern memes indicates they have deeply infiltrated online spaces. They could even be mods on your discord or even here... :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

What if some of these goons… are in platoons?