Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

keep that poo poo away from grandpa joe, charlie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That DICK! posted:

keep that poo poo away from grandpa joe, charlie

You STOLE collector booster packs

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

How do they know if they don't toss it in a fire to see if the inscription appears?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

wots the website to get old avs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

wots the website to get old avs

https://goons.neocities.org/

If you let me know which one you want back I'll try to queue up a change

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

https://goons.neocities.org/

If you let me know which one you want back I'll try to queue up a change

ty

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Queued it up :cheerdoge:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

It's a bluetick so I don't believe it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

WOTC confirmed it

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1674802575781052419

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

wow imagine not believing this guy

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Heath posted:

Didn't watch it but all I can say is "good" because these speculating pieces of poo poo ruined a good game before it could even get off the ground by making prices absolutely insane

luckily in my experience for a new tgc flesh and blood is doing pretty well, but yeah lmao at this guy. he panicked after like 2 months and sold because a tgc should be a runaway success after 60 days

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
magic the gaythering

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tragic the Gardening.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Ocean's 14 gonna be lit

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

tragic the splattering

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

more like magay

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Magic: The Gathering can be a lot of fun, and I always loved making obnoxious decks built around silly gimmicks like the cards that say "You win the game if you have 40/50 life" or "turn all non-creature spells into birds" but yeah the speculator market that exploded around Collectable Card Games during the pandemic sucked. It's falling apart somewhat but Wizards of the Coast is really hard committed to the "90s Comic Collectors" tier of horrible FOMO gimmicks and who knows if/when that'll crash.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Do ppl still play lunch money and legend of the five rings?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Nuns with Guns posted:

Magic: The Gathering can be a lot of fun, and I always loved making obnoxious decks built around silly gimmicks like the cards that say "You win the game if you have 40/50 life" or "turn all non-creature spells into birds" but yeah the speculator market that exploded around Collectable Card Games during the pandemic sucked. It's falling apart somewhat but Wizards of the Coast is really hard committed to the "90s Comic Collectors" tier of horrible FOMO gimmicks and who knows if/when that'll crash.

I can't even keep up with magic stuff coming out any more, there's so many commander and promo sets

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Do ppl still play lunch money and legend of the five rings?

L5R got a reboot as a limited Living Card Game that was fun. Then the publisher, Fantasy Flight Games, was acquired by Asmodee, which itself was eaten up by Embracer Group, and since then FF has been strip mined in a very venture capital way so I think the game is dead now. I'm sure there's still some dedicated people trying to play both versions of the game online somewhere, but in an unofficial fan-supported way.

Half of Dracula posted:

I can't even keep up with magic stuff coming out any more, there's so many commander and promo sets

Same. I barely follow along now. The way they're structuring the rarity booster boxes and poo poo with the most confusing labeling possible is a big pain in the rear end.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I play MtG Arena sometimes and it's fun

that's as far as I'm willing to go with Magic

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I never buy sealed unless i'm going to the LGS and want to give them $10 as thanks for letting me play

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
or I'm going to a draft, those are a lot of fun

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

magic the gaythering

hell,

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Limited ftw, sealed/draft. respect the original limited environment and play the two mana 1/3

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
speaking of MtG this is some king poo poo from poster ZeroVGS

Captain Invictus posted:

this person also runs a bot in MTG Arena with a commander deck whose commander is Baral, Chief of Compliance; the most hated commander(because the deck is entirely counterspells and is just a grind that takes forever to play against). The bot autoqueues and then concedes after ten seconds in the match. They do this to get their daily 15 wins, which they do easily because a ton of people insta-concede upon seeing their commander is Baral, before the bot can even reach the ten seconds to concede.

What I'm saying is they're crafty in all walks of life, apparently

also, proof since the goon stories constantly get telephone to hell and back

Zero VGS posted:

Yes, thank you for my 15 wins each night when I fire up my bot that starts a game, waits 5 seconds and concedes. So many players beat me to the concede button lol.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pentyne posted:

lmao

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Does this do anything in game? Because it'd be hilarious if it has some super broken ability and the dude just uses it in his decks, rolling up to random amateur tournaments and sweeping everyone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne posted:

Lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pentyne posted:

lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Does this do anything in game? Because it'd be hilarious if it has some super broken ability and the dude just uses it in his decks, rolling up to random amateur tournaments and sweeping everyone

It has the same text as the non-special version, it's pretty good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
i play cock or ball

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

CBT = Commander Ball Torture

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It makes you functionally invincible for a turn and draws you billions of cards for cheap, OP

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
it attracts ringwraiths, weird guys who crowd around and say "you're too lucky" with actual anger and malice in their hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah it’s actually a really good card that’s been seeing a lot of play in the modern format