Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kwyndig posted:

Is that actually any good or are people just talking about it because it has a ridiculous premise?

The Mangas fun. Not anything groundbreaking, but enjoyable enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Kwyndig posted:

Is that actually any good or are people just talking about it because it has a ridiculous premise?

A bit of both, really.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kwyndig posted:

Folks were pretty positive about it when it came up before.

I was going to pass, but the hype and nonsensical god scene in that trailer kinda has me sold. If it's dumb in the same way Mashle was this season... :3:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it really commits to its premise and has fun with it, which is nice compared to a lot of gimmick manga

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
100 girlfriends has the courage to make jokes about some of the girlfriends being attracted to each other so it has my support

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The characters are all* endearing and it's fun to see them interact

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Its also deeply unserious. I mean, at one point one of the girls drinks a hair growth tonic and floods the world with living hair and they do a whole apocalypse parody before resetting everything like it was nothing.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

haypliss posted:

At the end of the day, I'm simply a hater. Like have you seen how mid the UMF OP is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USr-jDwBlgc

should have been a dancing OP with the guy dancing holding the head

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

when do they usually announce where simulcasts happen, i wanna know what stupid service i have to buy to watch the girl i like forgot her glasses

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

it's on crunchyroll https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/seasonal-lineup/2023/6/21/crunchyroll-summer-2023-new-anime-season

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The big services drip them out a little at a time to build hype, sometimes not announcing titles until the day they premiere in a few cases. It's annoying.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kwyndig posted:

It balances being sincere and outlandish far better than other romcoms of its ilk (like even Kanojo mo Kanojo takes itself way too seriously comparatively). I also think it has managed to do meta humor a lot better than other gimmicky manga so you get things like the writer trying to make things easier for the artist but the artist loving their girls too much to cut corners even as they keep adding them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like when one of the manga's assistants appears and the protagonist takes her on a date and she goes 'if we go to the aquarium, ill have to draw it...'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently there is a half in half out of universe tension between the writer and the artist where the writer is like "please you don't have to draw every character at once" and the artist is "but I WANT to"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently there is a half in half out of universe tension between the writer and the artist where the writer is like "please you don't have to draw every character at once" and the artist is "but I WANT to"

Honestly gotta respect him for this

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bless

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
just finished the dangers in my heart and i think it's my favorite anime of this season?

didn't think that would be the case after vinland saga and skip and loafer but here we are

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tabletops posted:

just finished the dangers in my heart and i think it's my favorite anime of this season?

didn't think that would be the case after vinland saga and skip and loafer but here we are

The descriptions on HIDIVE leaned way too hard into the "MC is fuuuuuuucked up" and then I watched the show and that gimmick basically vanishes by the end of episode 3 and you're left with something very cute. I liked it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I finished watching Too Cute Crisis the other day. It's basically the same show, with the same joke, throughout. If you like watching an alien freak out over how cute things are for 12 episodes, this is the show for you. If you want some variety, not so much. I felt it never overstayed its welcome because different aliens had different reactions and the animals were cute and varied, although I really liked the main cat. They even managed to include my favorite cute animal, the red panda, in at the wire.

So, recommend if you want to see a bunch of cute animals get animated, otherwise pass.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Kwyndig posted:

I finished watching Too Cute Crisis the other day. It's basically the same show, with the same joke, throughout. If you like watching an alien freak out over how cute things are for 12 episodes, this is the show for you. If you want some variety, not so much. I felt it never overstayed its welcome because different aliens had different reactions and the animals were cute and varied, although I really liked the main cat. They even managed to include my favorite cute animal, the red panda, in at the wire.

So, recommend if you want to see a bunch of cute animals get animated, otherwise pass.

The voice actors they got for the animals were legit, I think, because my cat always freaked out when Yozora or the dog meowed/barked.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Arist posted:

The descriptions on HIDIVE leaned way too hard into the "MC is fuuuuuuucked up" and then I watched the show and that gimmick basically vanishes by the end of episode 3 and you're left with something very cute. I liked it.

I had read basically that based on some recs from people. I was very pleasantly surprised in the first episode that he was just a big chuuni.

It was extremely cute. Cloyingly sweet in a good way.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

i dipped out of it around halfway but basically yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay Bang Dream My Go was not what I was expecting for a Bang Dream anime. I loved season 2 and 3 but this is very much something different and I really like it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okay Bang Dream My Go was not what I was expecting for a Bang Dream anime. I loved season 2 and 3 but this is very much something different and I really like it

the group's vibe is intentionally way more downbeat and its influencing even the color palette of the show, i like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIXi6zzCls

this song also owns

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

the group's vibe is intentionally way more downbeat and its influencing even the color palette of the show, i like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIXi6zzCls

this song also owns

Starting on a band break up is such a good idea I'm surprised more shows haven't done it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ryza simulcast? Kickass.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this next seasons gonna be so kino thats why they delayed ayakashi triangle to put it here intsead

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
problem with too cute crisis other than the repetitive, was that the animals don't actually look that cute in the show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not that cute crisis

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the bandori anime writer's twitter is funny cause she just spent the last few weeks photographing mygo ads going "ばんどり It's MyGO!!!!!!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the bandori anime writer's twitter is funny cause she just spent the last few weeks photographing my go ads going "ばんどり It's MyGO!!!!!!"
she should post a picture of her doing the soyjak point at one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
was also funny seeing her tweet out "many years ago a drunk producer said i have never put anything into the world that was wholly mine. i don't think anyone can make an anime that's wholly theirs, that is not the nature of anime production, but i think i've put a lot of myself into the shows i've worked on. are you watching bandori, drunk producer-san? it is a high degree of ayana yuniko."

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's amazing and makes me like My Go even more

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
she was also the writer for locodol and the first half of flip flappers and tweets a lot about reading bl and gl magazines. cool writer

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

was also funny seeing her tweet out "many years ago a drunk producer said i have never put anything into the world that was wholly mine. i don't think anyone can make an anime that's wholly theirs, that is not the nature of anime production, but i think i've put a lot of myself into the shows i've worked on. are you watching bandori, drunk producer-san? it is a high degree of ayana yuniko."

this is different yet the same energy as Jack Speed

https://twitter.com/NotDolphy/status/1335264070774091776

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I’m watching insomniacs after school now and I’m enjoying it but the girl mc sure is genki all the time for someone who gets no sleep. Manic pixie insomniac girl.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Space Flower posted:

this is different yet the same energy as Jack Speed

https://twitter.com/NotDolphy/status/1335264070774091776
jack got what he deserved

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tabletops posted:

I’m watching insomniacs after school now and I’m enjoying it but the girl mc sure is genki all the time for someone who gets no sleep. Manic pixie insomniac girl.

unfortunately, based on the first 12 episodes, the nurse and the arcade owner are approximately 100x cooler than the main characters in the show

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
More ghost therapy :fluffy:

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1674988955605913604?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It seems like every time I blink there's a new season of that show. I mean season 7, how many LNs do they have left to adapt?