Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Being able to hit your signature/finisher without having to grapple first really throws me off. You get the prompt to press the button for them when you get close to the person, but my muscle memory wants to grapple first.

im having the same problem. i might disable button prompts and see if helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have no idea what wrestling game could have caused it but I always want to press circle to grapple even though I know that’s run

I will have that problem because of the Smackdown games.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Gettin a lot of Yakuza vibes from the story mode

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i need someone to do a movelist for Shinsuke because I'm lazy and don't want to make anyone likely to get added as dlc down the road

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You can remap your buttons and I definitely suggest putting run on R2 and irish whip on Circle

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i need someone to do a movelist for Shinsuke because I'm lazy and don't want to make anyone likely to get added as dlc down the road

Not sure you have anything to worry about on that front

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

You can remap your buttons and I definitely suggest putting run on R2 and irish whip on Circle

Seconded. This is the correct mapping

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, this sounds like the right move. Run on O feels so weird to me and took me a while to figure out how to run because I wouldn't have thought it'd be there.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wonder if we'll find out if the game is a financial success or failure at any point.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not sure you have anything to worry about on that front

lol. every interpretation is good.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i've unlocked pretty much everything that can be unlocked i think, except owen, and that was a fun couple of days. back to ff16 and i'll pick up fight forever again when there's some more DLC

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lol

Also I guess I might find out soon unless PSN decides to jerk me around too but I'll ask because im at work and bored. I know Abadon gets a special dialogue, but do like Fenix or Yuka or whoever speak their native language or do they make them do English? Wait I just realized I have to ask, are there even voice lines?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

what i meant to say is i want to make Shinsuke because he'll never be dlc. thank you.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

but i also do not wish to think about the process

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shard posted:

I wonder if we'll find out if the game is a financial success or failure at any point.

Well just based on how long it took to go from 'okay this is the finalized roster' to release I'm guessing there's a very minimal chance of it being a financial success.

I doubt we'll ever get hard numbers though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The kickbacks from Big Steak Salad and Big Unfortunate Looking Enchilada Plate will probably heavily subsidize the game

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Fried Gator Bite lobby has this in the bag.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

How do you toss a MF out the ring?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

EdsTeioh posted:

How do you toss a MF out the ring?

Grapple with A, pull towards a side and hit Right Trigger, it will attempt to whip them over the ropes or against the ropes, then you can punch or kick them off

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Game plays great on the Switch, very minimal slowdown, graphic quality is definitely lacking though, and holy poo poo does the CAW mode suck poo poo.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

That Dang Dad posted:

Grapple with A, pull towards a side and hit Right Trigger, it will attempt to whip them over the ropes or against the ropes, then you can punch or kick them off

When you grappled them and hit a direction with Left trigger it will just cleanly throw them out. I think it also depends on how much mometum they have to counter.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gonzo McFee posted:

okay now im buying it

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

lol

Also I guess I might find out soon unless PSN decides to jerk me around too but I'll ask because im at work and bored. I know Abadon gets a special dialogue, but do like Fenix or Yuka or whoever speak their native language or do they make them do English? Wait I just realized I have to ask, are there even voice lines?

the only voice acting in the game is from announcers, commentators and tony khan, so they just have yuka (and i assume fenix though i havent tried) speaking in english.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Well just based on how long it took to go from 'okay this is the finalized roster' to release I'm guessing there's a very minimal chance of it being a financial success.

I doubt we'll ever get hard numbers though.

Part of it is building a brand though. I thought I read somewhere that TK is investing the profits into updating the game. Dude probably doesn't care about penny pinching to make a profit, he just wants a good wrestling game because he is a nerd that grew up on No Mercy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony was an adult when no mercy released. that's why the whole thing is hosed. gently caress this.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

lol

christian had different dialogue than my caw and its not voiced

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Got it. I've just seen the [amused but hungry growling] from Abadon and wasn't sure if that was CCing actual growls

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They're based on a set of like 7 "personalities." You can choose it for CAWs but the roster members have set personalities.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Is there a way to run out of the ring to the floor (other than on a skateboard)? If so, I can't seem to find the buttons/timing - closest I can get is running to the ropes and hitting L2, which then steps me to the outside of the apron but not to the floor.

Same question for running back into the ring too

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

blunt posted:

Is there a way to run out of the ring to the floor (other than on a skateboard)? If so, I can't seem to find the buttons/timing - closest I can get is running to the ropes and hitting L2, which then steps me to the outside of the apron but not to the floor.

Same question for running back into the ring too

doesn't just holding run and the direction of out of the ring do it?

to throw people back in, you use left trigger. i learned that.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gonzo McFee posted:

<guy who has only played Yakuza games> gettin a lot of Yakuza vibes from the story mode

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Well, at least PSN would actually sell it to me unlike some 400 billion dollar multinationals I could mention. It's also nice, as a silver lining, that it is only 28 gigs or approximately 0.18 NBA 2K23s in size

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MotU posted:

<guy who has only played Yakuza games> gettin a lot of Yakuza vibes from the story mode

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MotU posted:

What a blessed life that would be

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Cavauro posted:

tony was an adult when no mercy released. that's why the whole thing is hosed. gently caress this.

Big biceps Tony was an awkward 16 year old mark when No Mercy came out in 1999

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

+good hustle
+took birthday into account

-looked up the wrong 'no mercy'

overall a 5/10 correction

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

doesn't just holding run and the direction of out of the ring do it?

Ah, i'd been letting go of the direction once I hit run!

That seems to get me to the outside of the apron at least, but not to the floor

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

some people have said story mode is bad but that sounds like the highest praise to me??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Cavauro posted:

+good hustle
+took birthday into account

-looked up the wrong 'no mercy'

overall a 5/10 correction

:negative: