Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

side note: gently caress elon for making me have to screenshot all the tweets i post here, this is going to severely cut into my shitposts-per-minute ratio :argh:

You don't have to screenshot the short ones, just the longer ones that need you to hit "more" to see the full tweet.

The one in your post shows up fine on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

A couple YouTube-commentators report about a large ukranian offensive up north towards Kremennaya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqtK1D5_R8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxmnI_TvgU&t=1427s

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

McGavin posted:

You don't have to screenshot the short ones, just the longer ones that need you to hit "more" to see the full tweet.

For now

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

more rumblings of Things Happening:

I get the desire and probably agree they really are best served by it (shutting down "why haven't they won yet" bullshit that might otherwise color the summit), but I don't like the idea of that forcing them into an unfavorable assault they might otherwise be able to shape into something else.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Tigey posted:

And before that it was claims of Western betrayal over failing to ally with Stalin against Hitler (this forcing poor sweet innocent and naive Stalin into carving up Eastern Europe with Hitler against his will).

Don’t worry I have been informed by some of the most distinguished political minds on the internet that Poland was in fact “no angel”. Really makes you think.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

ESDK posted:

A couple YouTube-commentators report about a large ukranian offensive up north towards Kremennaya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqtK1D5_R8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxmnI_TvgU&t=1427s

I'm not feeling like trusting either of those tubers.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Torsten Heinrich is pretty great, don't know about the other one. Ultimately it's about whether you trust Rybar, which initially reported the six brigades claim.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

McGavin posted:

good to know :cheers:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Just Another Lurker posted:

I'm not feeling like trusting either of those tubers.

they're CLEARLY vertebrates :argh:

Tigey posted:

They've been claiming a Dolchstosslegend over the alleged Western betrayal of the 1990s for years.

[...]

Russian elite nationalism is as shrill and riddled with a sense of national victimhood as almost any other. It gives the same vibes as late Imperial Germany, or it's non Weimar successor. Anything to direct the blame outward and away from the actual people who make th decisions.

That's true. I am grimly curious what new narratives they'll settle on to explain this war in particular. It's awkward right now because Prigozhin could be a fall guy, but also he's responsible for recent wins, sort of. I guess whoever doesn't make it through the purges is going to have a lot extra piled on them.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

beer_war posted:

Torsten Heinrich is pretty great, don't know about the other one. Ultimately it's about whether you trust Rybar, which initially reported the six brigades claim.

nobody should ever trust rybar except to the extent of how much he is crying about any particular thing. that he is cited as a serious source by pro-russian people is as astonishing to me as seeing people believe the bullshit about the al qaeda bond villain mountain fortress that had its own hydroelectric dam and guarded by 20,000 fanatic taliban troops back in 2001. They're equal levels of fantasy and making poo poo up

Ukraine has people that do this too and I'm going to write up a post detailing source veracity and trustworthiness for the next OP since i imagine this thread will get binned sooner rather than later as we've hit 564 pages

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, I'm not seeing this claim repeated anywhere else yet, so I'll take it with a grain of salt at least.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Poland had declared that they want to host American nuclear weapons on their territory.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/06/30/poland-applies-to-nato-to-join-nuclear-sharing-program-polands-prime-minister/ posted:

Poland Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said on 30 June that Poland wants to become part of the NATO nuclear exchange program because of Russia’s deployment of tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus.

During a press conference after the two-day European Council summit, Poland’s Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki confirmed that Warsaw is interested in participating in the program.

“The final decision will depend on our American and NATO partners. We declare our will to act quickly in this matter,” Mateusz Morawiecki said. “We do not want to sit idly by while Putin builds up his threats of various kinds,” he added.

Nuclear Sharing is NATO’s nuclear deterrence program. It makes nuclear warheads available to NATO member states without their own nuclear weapons. As of November 2009, under Nuclear Sharing, US nuclear weapons are located in Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Türkiye.

Congratulations to Vladimír Putin on successful NATO defanging

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/06/30/poland-applies-to-nato-to-join-nuclear-sharing-program-polands-prime-minister/

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

steinrokkan posted:

Poland had declared that they want to host American nuclear weapons on their territory.

Congratulations to Vladimír Putin on successful NATO defanging

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/06/30/poland-applies-to-nato-to-join-nuclear-sharing-program-polands-prime-minister/

I hope it comes with a string attached and that they have to stop protecting Hungary in the EU

Would it even help if they had nuclear weapons on their soil?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Realistically it's a symbolic gently caress you move after Russia moved nukes to Belarus.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Realistically it's a symbolic gently caress you move after Russia moved nukes to Belarus.

Especially as Russia already has nukes in Kaliningrad so moving them to Belarus as well does nothing to appreciably change the situation.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1674734475517874181?s=20

An oddity: Russian forces using an Iskander missile to strike a military target instead of a shopping mall or an apartment building.

Antonovsky Bridge is a civilian structure, so it's not entirely over the bar of expectations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jesus christ this dude sucks. He "read an article" saying that Ukraine will shoot "nuclear polluted" himars rockets to enehodar so that Poland has a casus belli to move into western Ukraine.

Just completely batshit.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

M2 destroying Russian tanks? He's not talking about the machine gun, is he?!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Bluemillion posted:

M2 Bradley IFV

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Bluemillion posted:

The USA loving loves calling everything M1 and M2

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The M2 has and M2 on it

e: i don't think that's true but it it should

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Wish I still had that picture of Korea reporting on M2s being sent to Ukraine, with a picture of an M2 Medium tank from the 1930s as the background image.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

on a semirelated note gently caress Poland and Hungary for working together to block funds for Ukrainian refugees here in the Czech Republic.

https://denikn.cz/1183967/fiala-polsko-s-madarskem-fakticky-blokuji-penize-pro-cesko-za-ukrajinske-uprchliky/?ref=tit

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 30, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

Bradleys, and they definitely have the armament to pop Russian tanks

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

Bradleys, and they definitely have the armament to pop Russian tanks

Wasn't it recently in the news that USA and UK are giving Ukraine an access to the DU rounds? Those would help on this immensely.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Der Kyhe posted:

Wasn't it recently in the news that USA and UK are giving Ukraine an access to the DU rounds? Those would help on this immensely.

Yep! Take an M242 on a Bradley and feed it DU rounds and you quickly turn Russian tanks into slightly-spicy fireworks shows.

E: studies are conflicted about whether or not DU has negative health effects on the soldiers using it but personally I doubt possible health effects 20 years down the line takes precedence over "that tank is looking directly at me, personally, and is about to smoke my poo poo" when it comes to your average Ukrainian tanker.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Der Kyhe posted:

Bradley's also have TOW's.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Wagner's famous sledgehammer apparently being displayed at the Palace of Independence in Minsk, as a good moral lesson to Belarusian kids.

Just to remind people that Lukashenko isn't a harmless bumbling farmer-dictator.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Not directly related to the war, but gently caress Elon Musk so much, holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/stokel/status/1674890063778390016?s=20

beer_war fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 30, 2023

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

spankmeister posted:

The M2 has and M2 on it

e: i don't think that's true but it it should

it would be funny, but the bradley doesn't have an M2, the 25mm is close enough that I guess they figured no real benefit to a 12.7mm. it does have a coaxial 7.62mm so maybe they thought to carry more shots for the MG (in comparison to the bulkier M2 ammo) for really soft targets.

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Wish I still had that picture of Korea reporting on M2s being sent to Ukraine, with a picture of an M2 Medium tank from the 1930s as the background image.

:laugh:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

NihilCredo posted:

Wagner's famous sledgehammer apparently being displayed at the Palace of Independence in Minsk, as a good moral lesson to Belarusian kids.

Just to remind people that Lukashenko isn't a harmless bumbling farmer-dictator.

Holy poo poo that’s some level of depravity

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/status/1674823063089692681
Colonel Serhiy Cherevaty said that 50,000 vatniks are currently located in and near Bakhmut. The number of troops there never went below 35,000 at any given time as well.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/status/1674823063089692681
Colonel Serhiy Cherevaty said that 50,000 vatniks are currently located in and near Bakhmut. The number of troops there never went below 35,000 at any given time as well.

So Russia is basically fortifying a town of 50k people which is in absolute ruins, with 50k conscripts? And UAF is making some gains on getting the place a really spicy place to be in, while the Russian logistics networks are having a hickup due to Prigozin's Summer offensive to Moscow? There is absolutely nothing in Bakhmut anymore, its just several square kilometers of ruins. That is, lets say a interesting situation.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Local Ukrainian governments have been sending out various precautionary warnings, and just today advising people to try and be close to the nearest shelter, in the event that something happens at the ZNPP (through various telegram channels and Viber)

Obviously you have to ensure your people are prepared for the worst but it's freaking people out as far west as Lviv, where I think there would be some warning depending on weather patterns

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So like close to 25% of Russia’s invasion force is sitting in one city?

Also, I’m not sure what the chain of events would be after some sort of radiological release. Would any neighbors that are in the cloud path just be like ‘gently caress this poo poo’ and commit forces? Would it erode any other country’s support of Russia, or would it just be more mumbling about security interests NATO while staring embarrassingly at their shoes?

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Anders posted:

Holy poo poo that’s some level of depravity

There is absolutely 0 moral ambiguity in this fight.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

There is absolutely 0 moral ambiguity in this fight.

But something nazis, they're surely exaggerating the scale of what happened, POCCNR did nothing wrong, what about HATO, donbass not bombed for eight years :rolleyes:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol 50k troops. The logistic lines for this would be insane and bombed to hell and back.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Look, they said there were 50,000 Russians troops in Bakhmut, they never specified if they were alive or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1674858266763964417
This is me trying to find a single solitary gently caress to give if your mafia gas station had indeed been destroyed like you claim it would have been.