Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Intrigue you, do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Z8b9u4Y_k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wow this is astonishingly unfunny

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It's what we had for comedy in the UK in the early 00s - that or endless panel shows

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Party Boat posted:

It's what we had for comedy in the UK in the early 00s - that or endless panel shows

And combinations of the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Yuug3UQfQ

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rewatching Mighty Boosh thanks to this chat and the early episodes with Matt Berry have me wanting to watch Dark Place again.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I am adamant the final series of the show is petty cruel and lazy but I enjoyed the first two.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I always got the impression that I wasn't on enough drugs to really get The Mighty Boosh. That just seems like an important part of the experience.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I always got the impression that I wasn't on enough drugs to really get The Mighty Boosh. That just seems like an important part of the experience.

It did start it's life as a student comedy theatre play.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Tenebrais posted:

All of my friends who swore by The Mighty Boosh were massive stoners so this checks out.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I think also a big bit of it is that the well of monkeycheese had only just begun to be tapped when it was released, so this whole thing was relatively new and fresh.

It wasn't in any way a deep well, but in the year or so before it got tapped out it was unexpected enough for people not to notice there weren't any actual jokes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

At least it's not Little Britain.

2002 had way more duds and forgettable crap on telly trust me on this.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
My brother lived in England for a while and when he was back he gave me a DVD of The Mighty Boosh as a gift. I think I made it like 10 minutes into one episode and I turned it off because I could feel my soul trying to escape my body.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Rewatching Mighty Boosh thanks to this chat and the early episodes with Matt Berry have me wanting to watch Dark Place again.

Did you hear about the new Garth Merenghi books?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Larry Cum Free posted:

My brother lived in England for a while and when he was back he gave me a DVD of The Mighty Boosh as a gift. I think I made it like 10 minutes into one episode and I turned it off because I could feel my soul trying to escape my body.

The first season is a lot more rough it's so much better once they leave the zoo. Still some great lines in the zoo.
I mean you probably know everyone on this drunk magic carpet from another show. It's insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7RbjtW1wyk

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Snuff Box and Toast are the superior Matt Berry projects

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Little Britain was like if you took the lovely 90s Harry Enfield sketches, where there was exactly one joke ever, and made everything weirdly hateful towards anyone that wasn't a straight white middle class dude. It loving sucked at the time, even.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Were Peter Kay's shows meant to be funny? Because I watched an episode of two of the nightclub one and it just sucked the stars from the sky.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Phoenix Nights was very popular at the time, but I was never a fan. Is it problematic with modern eyes?

He's never been one of my favourite comedians, even back in his garlic bread heyday.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Garlic
Bread

That's it. That's the entire joke.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quote-Unquote posted:

Garlic
Bread

That's it. That's the entire joke.

“Garlic bread.”
“Lisa needs braces.”
“Garlic bread.”
“Lisa needs braces.”

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Strange Cares posted:

Did you hear about the new Garth Merenghi books?

Yeah, I want to get those.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, I want to get those.

Excellent, you’re in for a treat, then.

oldmandon
Feb 10, 2004

OMG! It's OMD!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE drat MONORAIL SONG, HOMER

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

Nap Ghost

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A lot of them didn’t even bother with the logos this year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The podcast app I use changed their logo to a Pride one for June but for some reason switched back before Saturday.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
https://twitter.com/luismadovale/status/1676226115956797440?t=RFWp93SAuf2NlZ9FIUOhww

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I was trying to recall Werner Herzog's name the other day and couldn't, so in my mind I instantly and successfully searched for the scene from Homer the Moe in which he's referenced.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Get that season 13 poo poo outta here

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

codo27 posted:

I was trying to recall Werner Herzog's name the other day and couldn't, so in my mind I instantly and successfully searched for the scene from Homer the Moe in which he's referenced.

godfuckingdamnit i was camping away from cell/internet access recently and was pleading with people I met to remember "The Fitzcaraldo guy! The Grizzly Man guy! The German guy!" and couldn't think of his name. The edibles probably had something to do with it.

Not that bad overall though. Met some interesting people and traded stories. I like stories.

https://twitter.com/Simpsons_tweets/status/1676584819197607936

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hearing this with a lovely Scottish-style rolled R