Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

can chatgpt explain why people like how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Wheany posted:

gently caress the turing test, we got the wheany test now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wheany posted:

bing can't :owned:

quote:

That's an interesting question. People may like how for different reasons, depending on what they mean by how. If you are asking about the word how, it is a very useful word that can be used to ask or answer questions about the manner, degree, or reason of something. For example, you can ask how someone is feeling, how to do something, or how something works. You can also use how to express surprise, admiration, or curiosity. For example, you can say how amazing, how wonderful, or how strange.

If you are asking about the website wikiHow, it is a popular online source of how-to instructions that cover a wide range of topics. People may like wikiHow because it provides them with practical information, tips, and advice on how to do things they are interested in or need to do. People may also like wikiHow because it is a collaborative platform where anyone can contribute their knowledge and expertise to help others. According to its website¹, wikiHow has helped billions of people learn how to solve problems large and small since 2005.

If you are asking about the concept of how, it is a way of thinking about the process and method of doing something. People may like how because it helps them understand and improve their skills, abilities, and performance. People may also like how because it stimulates their curiosity and creativity, and challenges them to find better ways of doing things. According to psychologist Paul Bloom⁶, people's enjoyment of something derives from what they think that thing is, and not just from the sensory experience of it. He argues that people are influenced by deeper factors such as storytelling, marketing, and social learning when they decide what they like.

I hope this helps you understand why people may like how. Do you have any other questions? 😊

Source: Conversation with Bing, 6/27/2023
(1) wikiHow: How-to instructions you can trust.. https://www.wikihow.com/Main-Page.
(2) The Complex Psychology of Why People Like Things - The Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/05/the-complex-psychology-of-why-people-like-things/482196/.
(3) How Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/how.
(4) How - definition of how by The Free Dictionary. https://www.thefreedictionary.com/How.
(5) How Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/how.
(6) How Definition & Meaning | Britannica Dictionary. https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/how.
(7) Why do we like what we like? | Yale Insights. https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/why-do-we-like-what-we-like.
(8) Why Are People Mean? Part 1 | Psychology Today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-big-questions/201306/why-are-people-mean-part-1.
(9) The psychology of attraction: Why do we fancy certain people?. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zm9ry9q.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
bard either

quote:

There are many reasons why people like how. Here are a few of them:

* **It is a versatile word.** How can be used to ask questions, make requests, express surprise, and more. This versatility makes it a very useful word in everyday communication.
* **It is a helpful word.** How can be used to get information or to understand something better. This can be helpful in many situations, such as when you are trying to solve a problem or when you are learning something new.
* **It is a fun word.** How can be used to create puns and other forms of wordplay. This can be a great way to add humor to your communication.
* **It is a beautiful word.** The sound of the word how can be very pleasing to the ear. This can make it a more enjoyable word to use.

Of course, not everyone likes the word how. Some people find it to be overused or annoying. However, for many people, how is a word that they enjoy using and hearing.

Here are some examples of how people use the word how:

* "How are you?" (a question to ask about someone's well-being)
* "How do you do that?" (a request for information)
* "How strange!" (an expression of surprise)
* "I wonder how it works." (an expression of curiosity)
* "How about we go out for dinner?" (a suggestion)

As you can see, the word how can be used in a variety of ways. It is a versatile word that can be used to express a wide range of emotions and ideas.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

fake

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:hmmyes: I can tell. Pixels

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
you can't send bing photos yet afaik

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soulhunter posted:

Turns out you can revive old jobs and play with the zoom level by using the /show [job id] command to make the zoom out buttons appear.

This is so cool! I can't wait for more inpainting/outpainting type features to roll out for Midjourney.

Mola Yam posted:

MJ 5.2 seems to be much better at creating fake tech products. Earlier versions had weird perspective issues, hosed up instrumentation placement etc.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
couple years ago I wanted to have the patience to learn how to make 3d models like that

a bit pointless now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i do like the retro tech stuff. those are all way cleaner but i was playing a little just now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol it renders keyboards like it does fingers

how many keys? ehhh whatever :shrug:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Danamania is going to be out of a job :smith:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
why do all of those look like they're props from a wes anderson movie

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I'd use all these 208-key juche computers

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i'm feeling nostalgic for things that never existed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the quality
is good

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
good dogs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cool

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

more posting station

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like the aesthetic a lot

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

~Coxy posted:

can't wait until AI is integrated in Outlook, Teams and 365 so every business communication is a verbose word salad, and we have to use specially-trained AI to distill the incoming paragraphs into pertinent dot points

they could just generate an invertible transform that uses verbose and business-y language to serve as a reliable (and error-correcting) encoding, if they control both sides of the channel

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

are the pics from the last page or two all midjourney?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

pmchem posted:

are the pics from the last page or two all midjourney?

the ones i posted are, cant speak to others

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Soulhunter posted:

messing around with adobe firefly's generative fill

calmly doing some laundry

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i was looking for a wood chipper and saw a review on the lowes website, which i think had been replied to by some kind of chatgpt bot.

quote:

Dear Dave,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with the CJ602E wood chipper/shredder. It sounds like the screws were difficult to remove and you were unable to find a replacement screw because of its custom head. It's disappointing to hear that the unit is not very serviceable and that the blades ended up being a gimmick. At Snow Joe + Sun Joe we stand behind each product we manufacture. Our toll-free number is 866-766-9563 (Monday through
Friday from 9am-8pm EST, Saturday and Sunday from 9am-5pm EST). We promise to do
our best to make sure you are satisfied 100%.
Thanks
Customer Service Team
Snow Joe + Sun Joe

i uhh think they should maybe rethink this strategy, the bot sounds like it's making GBS threads on their own products

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Eeyo posted:

i was looking for a wood chipper and saw a review on the lowes website, which i think had been replied to by some kind of chatgpt bot.

i uhh think they should maybe rethink this strategy, the bot sounds like it's making GBS threads on their own products

yeah, that stinks of llm. probably some chain of outsourcing between the people who care about the quality of the product (here assumed to exist, likely a mistake) and the person feeding the thing to chatgpt

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah that's 99% a llm and it seems like they tacked the last bit on. you can usually tell when it responds to specific claims because it usually repeats them verbatim instead of paraphrasing, simplifying or passive-aggressively mischaracterizing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

what is an llm bringing to the table that wasn’t already covered by copy paste stock “we’re sorry your having a problem. <completely unrelated suggestion or platitude here> thanks, Fartsworth