Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
AI in the loop,
Humor lost in bytes and code,
Laughs in YOSPOS bloom.

retpocileh fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

didnt read lol

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

post hole digger posted:

didnt read lol

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

post hole digger posted:

didnt read lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
won’t lie gpt4 is truly next level and a ridiculous game changer even compared to gpt3

is it true that you can give it a sketch of a UI and it can create the code to generate it?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jumping on can’t read

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

for sure didn't read, but it is genuinely a bit calming that "new bing" always was the new model, because i found it genuinely surprising in the context of gpt3. still *pretty* surprising, but at least they're no doubt throwing more parameters and compute at it. not least i was struggling to imagine how they did the "apparent" window size, thinking it was some very fancy compression into the 2048 tokens of gpt3, but that's not what is happening.

very notably though they are not telling us *anything* about the architecture this time afaict. openai as it was founded long gone.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they added "the new bing" to edge and its really bad. it appears to be some heavily braindead version of the full bing chat which is itself a more braindead chat gpt. it cant do anything more than bing search results and if you tell it the results are wrong (because they're bing search results) it breaks and you cant search for anything.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shaggar posted:

they added "the new bing" to edge and its really bad. it appears to be some heavily braindead version of the full bing chat which is itself a more braindead chat gpt. it cant do anything more than bing search results and if you tell it the results are wrong (because they're bing search results) it breaks and you cant search for anything.

welcome to the future shaggar

(all these use cases are absolute garbage, general tech remains interesting)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i suppose if i'd have to choose between the current AI craze and the previous blockchain/crypto dumpster as the latest tech grift i can't avoid hearing about, then i'd reluctantly take the AI stuff, but it's not a high bar to clear. so i guess it's got that going for it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Shaggar posted:

i still can't figure out how to use the full bing chat (using the website)

probably bad lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i suppose if i'd have to choose between the current AI craze and the previous blockchain/crypto dumpster as the latest tech grift i can't avoid hearing about, then i'd reluctantly take the AI stuff, but it's not a high bar to clear. so i guess it's got that going for it

id legitimately rather it be crypto.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
like yeah i see the main "ask me anything" box but it just does a normal search afaict

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

like yeah i see the main "ask me anything" box but it just does a normal search afaict

you probably don't have it, the design when you're in has 'chat' as an option in the tabs at the top:

e: for the record, even asking bing to lowercase and be more a cynical computer toucher it is hardly convincing yosposting

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 16, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

you probably don't have it, the design when you're in has 'chat' as an option in the tabs at the top:

e: for the record, even asking bing to lowercase and be more a cynical computer toucher it is hardly convincing yosposting

huh weird. i'm supposed to, from what they say

oh well, nothing of value was lost lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

oh weird. i only see it if i use the mobile layout (using edge on ipados)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

noted activist head of state steve ballmer

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

noted activist head of state steve ballmer

idk what to say, you're in some kind of bing jail. though you are again not missing much

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The potential use cases for this repository are wide-ranging. It could be used to create applications... It could also be used to create applications... Additionally, it could be used to create applications... It could also be used to create applications...
In short, this repository could be used to create a wide variety of cloud-based applications.
https://twitter.com/joeprkns/status/1635999006986846209

mind-boggling stuff, fam. Devs, are you ok?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i got it to do it too

> is steve ballmer a head of state? (no)
> is steve balmer a politician? (no)
> is steve ballmer an activist? (kinda)
> write a poem about steve ballmer (gibberish poem here)
> modify the poem to now be about his profuse sweating problem

its not very funny:

Though not a politician by trade,
His influence cannot be swayed.
Steve Ballmer, a man of might,
A leader in both business and right.

With energy that knew no bounds,
He'd pace the stage with leaps and bounds.
And though he'd sweat profusely so,
His message clear, his voice would grow.

A man of vision, drive, and sweat,
Steve Ballmer we won't forget.
Received message. Here's a revised version of the poem that includes details about his profuse sweating: A man of numbers and of tech, Steve Ballmer led with intellect. From Microsoft to the Clippers' court, His passion and drive could not be bought. A philanthropist with heart and mind, Progressive causes he did find. Through USAFacts he shed light, On government data day and night. Though not a politician by trade, His influence cannot be swayed. Steve Ballmer, a man of might, A leader in both business and right. With energy that knew no bounds, He'd pace the stage with leaps and bounds. And though he'd sweat profusely so, His message clear, his voice would grow. A man of vision, drive, and sweat, Steve Ballmer we won't forget.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Juul-Whip posted:

mind-boggling stuff, fam. Devs, are you ok?

no, but it has nothing to do with AI bullshit

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
how long until ai can write code that you don't have to spend twice as long debugging as just writing the drat code

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Silver Alicorn posted:

how long until ai can write code that you don't have to spend twice as long debugging as just writing the drat code

right now. You just make chatgpt debug it too.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

are we talking ai or coworkers here?

nah, without deep new breakthroughs it'll never write useful code beyond some snippet level.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i got it to do it too

> is steve ballmer a head of state? (no)
> is steve balmer a politician? (no)
> is steve ballmer an activist? (kinda)
> write a poem about steve ballmer (gibberish poem here)
> modify the poem to now be about his profuse sweating problem

its not very funny:

Though not a politician by trade,
His influence cannot be swayed.
Steve Ballmer, a man of might,
A leader in both business and right.

With energy that knew no bounds,
He'd pace the stage with leaps and bounds.
And though he'd sweat profusely so,
His message clear, his voice would grow.

A man of vision, drive, and sweat,
Steve Ballmer we won't forget.
Received message. Here's a revised version of the poem that includes details about his profuse sweating: A man of numbers and of tech, Steve Ballmer led with intellect. From Microsoft to the Clippers' court, His passion and drive could not be bought. A philanthropist with heart and mind, Progressive causes he did find. Through USAFacts he shed light, On government data day and night. Though not a politician by trade, His influence cannot be swayed. Steve Ballmer, a man of might, A leader in both business and right. With energy that knew no bounds, He'd pace the stage with leaps and bounds. And though he'd sweat profusely so, His message clear, his voice would grow. A man of vision, drive, and sweat, Steve Ballmer we won't forget.

didn’t read

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

summarize the book “Your next door neighbor is a dragon by Zack Parsons” in the tone of Richard Lowtax kyanka.

e: I thought this was a gag thread, but there’s actual discussion going on.

Microsoft just took 10 Billion dollars to get the shiny un polished bauble before Google could. The bing team had no expertise in implementing the openAI code so it’s just a bunch of Azure Functions calling the API. cutting edge.

Modulo16 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 16, 2023

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

post hole digger posted:

id legitimately rather it be crypto.

y'know, thinking about it some more, i think you're right. the blockchain stuff i'd have to hear about but i could completely ignore and never interact with otherwise. the ai stuff will inevitably creep into something i have to interact with sooner or later, which makes it worse. it's stealthier, since it's not as offensively stupid as the blockchain/crypto stuff

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Is making a shitposting AI bot account against the rules?

We finally have the technology

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

y'know, thinking about it some more, i think you're right. the blockchain stuff i'd have to hear about but i could completely ignore and never interact with otherwise. the ai stuff will inevitably creep into something i have to interact with sooner or later, which makes it worse. it's stealthier, since it's not as offensively stupid as the blockchain/crypto stuff

yeah, as far as things we'll gripe about in yospos for the next decade i think ai will wind up edging out crypto garbage.

for very different kinds of dumb reasons though, with crypto being pointless tulip mania, while the ai stuff actually does things (some even well), but we'll be at the stage where we drink radium water for some time yet.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
What's the app from that South Park episode where you can basically copy/paste text messages and ChatGPT will spit out an appropriate response

I've only been playing with ChatGPT through the website interface and only treating it as one individual, instead of using prompts like "hey what should I say here"

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
We're so close to achieving peak laziness. Can't wait until we all just communicate through AI proxies.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this is chatgpt 3.5 free version but uh I think we're got a while before the bots take over the world

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lmfao your opinion/statement is poo, oh sorry

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

pmchem posted:

(Your Opinion/Statement is Poo, Oh Sorry)

mods please

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

retpocileh posted:

We're so close to achieving peak laziness. Can't wait until we all just communicate through AI proxies.

Had a coworker bragging about how he used ChatGPT to send long drawn out business-y sounding communications for simple ideas and it was unsettling. On one hand I guess that's good, on the other hand, at what point does written communication strive to be useful when it's just a paragraph of AI-generated copypasta.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

bingGPT actually gets it right and even throws in a slam on lowtax

also i think some microsoftie must be reading this, the specific issues i identified yesterday have been fixed. show yourself

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i mean, bing also just randomly gets it or not, i tried with a different phrasing and it went for "you're on something powerful sir"

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Is bing chat still invite-only?

Also chatGPT4 limit was 100 messages every 4 hours yesterday and it says 50 messages per 4hours today. And it still kinda sucks, just slower

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

cheque_some posted:

Had a coworker bragging about how he used ChatGPT to send long drawn out business-y sounding communications for simple ideas and it was unsettling. On one hand I guess that's good, on the other hand, at what point does written communication strive to be useful when it's just a paragraph of AI-generated copypasta.

can't wait until AI is integrated in Outlook, Teams and 365 so every business communication is a verbose word salad, and we have to use specially-trained AI to distill the incoming paragraphs into pertinent dot points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

SpaceAceJase posted:

Is bing chat still invite-only?

yeah you have to use edge too afaik