Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MarcusSA posted:

I must he dumb and blind but where do you see the twitch drops and kfc stuff you’ve collected?

The twitch drops are just added to the wardrobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

to be more clear i would put edgemasters on your 2h sword and put dire ww on your 2h mace because then you get the 2h bonus on the crit chance. dump ramaladni's, it's not worth it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hell Yeah posted:

dust devil on the hammer is garbage, you want something that adds a lot of damage there. that's one big problem. i also think ramaladnis benefit is not as good as the drawback of losing fury. i can't see doing enough damage not taking the double damage capstone perk AND wasting your 2x aspect on your hammer. be better off with a good roll of edgemasters on there. i forget what i have in that spot but it's damage.

Any suggestions? I've been trying to replace it but haven't found anything worthwhile that would be a big improvement. Those tornados can and do one shot normal mobs, and it throws a lot of them out all over the screen.

As an aside, I just ran a NM 21 with the double damage skill to see how it went. Stuff died only slightly faster. It wasn't a big improvement over using gushing wounds.

Is this maybe a level thing?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 30, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MajorBonnet posted:

The twitch drops are just added to the wardrobe.

Ok thanks I’ll have to triple check that my accounts are connected but I didn’t see them.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hell Yeah posted:

to be more clear i would put edgemasters on your 2h sword and put dire ww on your 2h mace because then you get the 2h bonus on the crit chance. dump ramaladni's, it's not worth it.

Edgemasters is on my 2h blunt at 38%.
Dire whirlwind is on my 2h sword for 16%/48% (Max rolls)

What can I run on my two 1hs if I drop Ramaladni and the Dust Devil pooper

(Thank you for taking a look btw)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Philthy posted:

Any suggestions? I've been trying to replace it but haven't found anything worthwhile that would be a big improvement. Those tornados can and do one shot normal mobs, and it throws a lot of them out all over the screen.

As an aside, I just ran a NM 21 with the double damage skill to see how it went. Stuff died only slightly faster. It wasn't a big improvement over using gushing wounds.

Is this maybe a level thing?

is your 2h a sword? you should be using the 2h axe technique. dust devils are awful, get limitless rage. the thing on your gloves is terrible too, put grasping there for now, put the move speed on your boots and then use your amulet for something better (maybe limitless rage) the barrier defensive passive isnt nearly as good, imo, as the one that gives you fortify for extra fury. do that and the fortify passives that the barbarian has

ramladinis i dont think is good at all unless your 1h weapons are THAT much better for WW (i dont think the passive applies if youre using 2h for ww)

edit: at 70 i had about 7000 armor and 4200 attack power, i think

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 30, 2023

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wait why does he want to use an axe? you get a lot more crit damage if you use a sword because you can roll crit damage twice

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
he should use the axe technique for more vuln damage

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I'll move back to the 2h sword w/ axe technique and find something to replace the two one handers.

I haven't been squishy really. I rarely ever have to use a potion, im always healthy for the most part, so I'm a bit hesitant to replace any defensive aspects just yet.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Verviticus posted:

he should use the axe technique for more vuln damage

sorry i misread.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vargs posted:

While I can't necessarily speak for ditching shouts on WW, I've been running my own homebrew no-shouts hota Walking Arsenal build and it's been great so far up to level 80, even with most of my playtime since WT4 being running NM dungeons 20 levels above me. Often play alongside some friends who follow pulverize/tornado wolf/twisting blades meta guides and my character arguably seems to be the strongest, and it's probably the most fun setup I've played in an ARPG. Very active and diverse playstyle.

Though I will say that I tried to respec to a grasp-focused build yesterday (replacing leap) and while it absolutely does pull MUCH better than before, I couldn't justify sticking with the ability. It's very dangerous to use and if you pull too many mobs I find you get stuck and not only cannot move, but can't even attack until you dodge out. Which is not the best when you're surrounded by enemies who started winding up their swings before you even got out of the pull animation.

Man I wanna try this but i'd have to change alot. My life for one loadout slot. Or a way to add notes or something to gear so that I can separate builds.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that's a weak choice on the amulet too, you could get something better out of that than movement speed on crit. i have aspect of the protector there, but you could use berserk ripping for 20-30% bonus bleed damage while you berserk

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I replaced the Ramal with this. It's a start maybe.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

why did you put attack speed on there

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

attack speed doesn't affect ww....

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Hell Yeah posted:

attack speed doesn't affect ww....

*Slowly raises eyebrow*

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

what about
2h sword: aspect of limitless rage (points of fury over your max give 2-4% damage to core skills up to 60%) (2h values)
2h mace: aspect of dire whirlwind
amulet: edgemasters

you also want grasping ww in there somewhere.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

for anyone whos tried it, is there anything that would make it especially dangerous running around grabbng the last altars in the pvp zones with an elixir of cheat death and a scroll of escape? as long as i save my uncontrollable to get away from someone trying to cc me in that 2s i guess

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Verviticus posted:

for anyone whos tried it, is there anything that would make it especially dangerous running around grabbng the last altars in the pvp zones with an elixir of cheat death and a scroll of escape? as long as i save my uncontrollable to get away from someone trying to cc me in that 2s i guess

What does it matter if you die? I just got a few then got killed, no big deal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

trevorreznik posted:

What does it matter if you die? I just got a few then got killed, no big deal

Well they're talking about using Hardcore server only items, so.....

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kalli posted:

Well they're talking about using Hardcore server only items, so.....

Rip my post

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i did it in wt2 and didnt see anyone so thats cool

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
as well, starting in T3 and T4, just run past packs of mobs that are too small and/or drag them with you to the next pack that has an elite or would otherwise be too small. elites have better drop rates for gear, give more xp, and when you do need to kill every last mob, the small ones will teleport to you in the waves. even when i was grinding to 100 pre xp buff i didn’t stop to exhaustively kill every non elite mob.

if your gear doesn’t support WW on less than like 3-4 mobs, don’t fight less than that many mobs

also umbral isn’t bad for WW but i’d bet that an echoing fury from the codex would give more fury at more useful times than it. if you are wwing on a pack and apply CC via slow bleed and the slow doesn’t drop, i don’t think you get another burst of fury from umbral

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

i did it in wt2 and didnt see anyone so thats cool

this is for sure how i’m doing it for my HC necro. also, for SC, WT2 pvp zone seem like a great place for leveling unmolested

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I just made a level 1 to grab the HC PvP altars to be safe, but lately sometimes I just run through if I am heading somewhere and it is faster. I don't think I have seen a single person in them.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So what’s the most fun class?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Tom Tucker posted:

Druid :colbert:

e: until we get a Templar/Paladin/Crusader equivalent. Then it'll be that. A Bog Templar with ye Olde Crusader and cool swamp magicks. :allears:

Zeg fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 1, 2023

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tied druid/sorcerer

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
sigh

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Tom Tucker posted:

Having a lot of fun on necro in the 50s; we’ll see how it holds up into WT4

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Passed the trouble spot with the Necro in the Goat Men Stronghold by gemming a few slots so happy with that. Now to explore more.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Verviticus posted:

You won't see anyone. You are safe with those but I seriously doubt anyone has ever seen another player in not staged HC PvP

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Verviticus posted:

just make a fresh character and death run it if you're concerned. the alters count for all your characters and a fresh character will have the waypoints

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

I've seen a few people share additional clans and I'm partial the name we chose so, if anyone wants to join The Moorps, feel free to send me (shad#1893) a DM. We both played D3 for ~10 years and kept up with it more or less throughout grinding GRs and all that fun stuff. We're in this for the long haul and it would be fun to have more folks along for the journey.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Man. Christ.

I'm 56 on necro.
I just moved from a nice Legendary 1H sword to a Sacred Rare 2H Scythe that I imprinted a well-rolled Ossified Essence on.

My damage has literally more than tripled from this move, and frankly - I have not noticed a big loss from the shield going away. Granted I've only done a few T1 and T2 NM Dungeons so far, so this could change, but holy smokes the power output is feeling awesome right now.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Why do all the people I rescue in dungeons drop a health potion and vanish :( at least let me sell some junk

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Vegastar posted:

Wait til you find out what happens if you log out/crash/disconnect with an active nightmare dungeon.
No worries! The game already granted me valuable insight into such things when, the very first time I attempted the WT4 capstone, I got a disconnect just before I reached the boss. :v:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tonetta posted:

just make a fresh character and death run it if you're concerned. the alters count for all your characters and a fresh character will have the waypoints

This is true for the stat boosts but not for the "found all statues" achievement, if that matters for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hell Yeah posted:

2h sword: aspect of limitless rage (points of fury over your max give 2-4% damage to core skills up to 60%) (2h values)
2h mace: aspect of dire whirlwind

Is there any reason I would want limitless rage on 2h sword, and dire whirlwind on 2h mace? Right now I have dire on my 2h sword, and limitless on my 2h mace.

I can swap them because i've got tons of aspects sitting around, and I can also add them as I upgrade weapons as well.. But it shouldn't make a difference as far as I know.