Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
To goons telling that jeep has inventory, I am in the fifth month of delay since the original delivery date i got promised. Every model that isn't in full spec or a gladiator is being sold the moment it leaves the factory. :italy:

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SlowBloke posted:

To goons telling that jeep has inventory, I am in the fifth month of delay since the original delivery date i got promised. Every model that isn't in full spec or a gladiator is being sold the moment it leaves the factory. :italy:

At least you have the option, someday, maybe, of buying it! I don't think the Avenger will be sold in North America.

Are Euro Jeep dealers not choking on piles of Renegades, though? I just kinda assumed they are, since the UK and Europe have tons of really good choices for smaller SUVs.

Comedy option: Stellantis is just trying to save you from buying a first-year-production vehicle with 1000 weird gremlins baked in.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Failson posted:

At least you have the option, someday, maybe, of buying it! I don't think the Avenger will be sold in North America.

Are Euro Jeep dealers not choking on piles of Renegades, though? I just kinda assumed they are, since the UK and Europe have tons of really good choices for smaller SUVs.

The Ami would make a great golf kart replacement for a lot of retirement communities in the US where they allow that sort of thing. As far as I can tell they've manufactured half as many as they have on order, if that. Looks great in magazines but haven't hardly seen or heard of any actual units making their way into the hands of real owners. I wonder if Stellantis will badge them as Fiat here in the states.

UK and europe SUV choices: are the Lada Niva imports from russia banned now :ohdear:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I'm considering getting a new truck, so I went to a Toyota dealership today to look at the new Tundra. They had a total of 2 Tundras on the lot, so clearly they're not having issues moving them. I hadn't done much research comparing the Tundra and F-150 yet, so I thought maybe this salesman can give me his spiel and tell me what's different between the two. Obviously I'd do my own fact checking later, I was just curious what the company line is. He just said "It's a Toyota, that's all you need to know." Super helpful!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

moon demon posted:

I'm considering getting a new truck, so I went to a Toyota dealership today to look at the new Tundra. They had a total of 2 Tundras on the lot, so clearly they're not having issues moving them. I hadn't done much research comparing the Tundra and F-150 yet, so I thought maybe this salesman can give me his spiel and tell me what's different between the two. Obviously I'd do my own fact checking later, I was just curious what the company line is. He just said "It's a Toyota, that's all you need to know." Super helpful!

What that means is that someone will buy it from you in 12 years for 80% of new MSRP.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
As much as I hate ford, buy the F150.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

cursedshitbox posted:

As much as I hate ford, buy the F150.

I test drove the F-150 liked it a lot. The salesman was not rude or pushy, which is uncharacteristic for this particular dealership. They had probably 30+ on the lot (though only 1 in the trim I liked), so that may have something to do with it. Could also be the laughable "market adjustment" on the sticker and the god awful "custom add ons" they added to double their margins. I haven't bought a vehicle since before the chip shortage, so I'm discovering fun and cool things like "we removed that feature for the 2023 model year"

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Go for the power equipment group and the XLT to get out of the XL penalty box poo poo. Beyond that get whatever suits you.
Most of the luxe bullshit can be retrofitted later on*, forscan is a big help. The XLs get pretty lousy center stacks and clusters, less sound deadening, those without the PEG can't have nice things retrofitted later without modifying the BCM.

*may require specific harness for things like power seats, memory seats.

I'm not fond of toyota purely because their poo poo isn't any better and comes with twice the price, though the ford's resale is going to suck in comparison. For something you're gonna beat on, just get the lovely domestic.
Secondarily, the older 6R boxes are more reliable than the 10 speed, so something a year or three out shouldn't be looked down on, but uh.. fords and warranties. Don't be me.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Starting with a lariat make a lot of the fancy stuff far easier to add later, and some stuff is impossible/unfeasible to add later (4 auto). But if you don't want the fancy XLT saves you a bundle for sure. Don't worry about cloth vs leather, katskinz (spelling) has you covered there for far less than the difference.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Failson posted:

Comedy option: Stellantis is just trying to save you from buying a first-year-production vehicle with 1000 weird gremlins baked in.

Renegades (and 500x) have minimal inventory since it's an old chassis/spec(pretty much the entire jeep lineup got new models this year beside the gladiator and wrangler). You have lot of former rentals/fleet units of dubious state of repair. Autoscout24.it gives less than 1.2k units nationwide if you filter by "less than 2500km on the odo".

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The only Renegade they sell here these days is the PHEV version and it's hilariously expensive for something with 'up to 49km' battery range. Makes the Eclipse Cross look like some kind of bargain.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

dissss posted:

The only Renegade they sell here these days is the PHEV version and it's hilariously expensive for something with 'up to 49km' battery range. Makes the Eclipse Cross look like some kind of bargain.

Renegade PHEV starts at 37k€, which is more than the basic spec of the Avenger BEV at 35k€. Far more sales for the PHEV than the BEV :italy:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

lol at the radar cube in the orange hole.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 29, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Press is harping on the new fixed wing being better than active ones, I would think that a computer controlled one should be better but apparently not.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Residency Evil posted:

As someone with an old house and an old garage, this enrages me.

One of my clients built a new house and even despite having tiny man syndrome he still forgot to check whether his F-350 SuperDuty 1776 COME AND TAKE IT Edition would fit with all the front and rear uparmoring. It didn't.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

One of the biggest reasons we bought the house we did was because the garage can fit my 77 Lincoln.

I have no idea how folks in the 70s managed. The size of a 1950-60s garage is loving tiny.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Dr. Lunchables posted:

One of the biggest reasons we bought the house we did was because the garage can fit my 77 Lincoln.

I have no idea how folks in the 70s managed. The size of a 1950-60s garage is loving tiny.

You hang tennis balls from the ceiling that you need the car to barely hit, just like both of my grandparents did.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You still can’t close the garage door on a twenty foot long car when your garage is eighteen

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Dr. Lunchables posted:

A lot of garages in places I live are from more like 1920 and cars were a lot more narrow then.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Look man, you can fit an Oldsmobile Curved Dash in there no problem, I don’t know what you’re bitching about. Hell, you can fit a Ford Model A! Not one of those fancy new Model As, no, I’m talking about the original, the first alphabet.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dr. Lunchables posted:

The size of a 1950-60s garage is loving tiny.

Yeah most of the houses in my neighborhood were built in that era and the garages are very small, mostly unusable for cars (SUVs and trucks) these days so people end up using them as a storage unit pretty much. My neighbor has an old '69 Mustang that barely fits in his, so I'm glad my house has a carport instead, one of only a few on this block.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Our house is from the early 60s, and when I'm not working on a project the standard 2 car garage holds two cars and a motorbike. But this is because we drive sensible cars.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The size of a “sensible car” varies a lot through the decades

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Sorry about your brodozer.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
People will seriously stick like 180k in vehicles out in the elements and then moan when hail obliterates them

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Sorry about your brodozer.

I drive a fiesta

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I drive a fiesta

I take nothing back. :colbert:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I admire your conviction

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I drive a fiesta

Sounds like a party

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hell yes it is.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

lol what the heck

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Porsche will find a way to charge you for breathing air in the cabin, by subscription.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

Russian Bear posted:

Porsche will find a way to charge you for breathing air in the cabin, by subscription.

What's funny is they've also been raising MSRP on cars pretty sharply across the board.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

slandergoose posted:

What's funny is they've also been raising MSRP on cars pretty sharply across the board.

Median HHI for Porsche customers is over half a million so they probably don’t care too much as they cycle through the leases.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Russian Bear posted:

Nah. Porsche hasn't been hit by the subscription madness.

Yet.

Russian Bear posted:

Median HHI for Porsche customers is over half a million so they probably don’t care too much as they cycle through the leases.

I have a feeling they care a decent bit.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2023-chevrolet-corvette-z06-convertible-8/

gently caress this dumb market.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Christ on a cross, that's decked out ferrari money. How much markup is that compared to MSRP?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I guess for a Chevrolet the styling is ok but I can't imagine dropping just much cash for a car that looks like that I don't care how much horsepower it has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

SlowBloke posted:

Christ on a cross, that's decked out ferrari money. How much markup is that compared to MSRP?

100k over.