Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's finally loving over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BIG

TREV

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

YOU PEOPLE just don't appreciate REAL wrestling psychology. Just want all high spots. That's why THIS BUSINESS THAT I LOVE is in drat sorry state it is in today!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

so happy there is no commentary just me whopping rear end to the best aew themes

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This tournament is definitely a one and done.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Won my first online match against a Kenny Omega. I wish there was some indicator as to what the icons mean after you win a match. What’s it mean when you get a little paper with a scribble on it? A skull with a big crack in it?

Anyway, I also ate burritos in Austin and got sassed by Fenix before getting a picture with Dustin Rhodes. Then I pinned Sting in a tag match with OC/Mox vs Sting/Tall Paul.

The scribble is a signature that goes on the loading screen images, I think it's supposed to be when you beat somebody but I've gotten them during losses too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

so happy there is no commentary just me whopping rear end to the best aew themes

For real this is my favorite thing

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Testekill posted:

This tournament is definitely a one and done.

we just passed 40 minutes on match #2 and there have been exactly two attempts at the briefcase in this match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

Agreed, I don’t need to hear anyone yelling the same dozen phrases over and over again every match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Agreed, I don’t need to hear anyone yelling the same dozen phrases over and over again every match.

I can't believe some of the people I trust for reviews actually docked points for no commentary.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

I can't believe some of the people I trust for reviews actually docked points for no commentary.

I think the only time I’ve heard good video game commentary is one of the newer NBA 2K games and even then it’s still a little off. I just don’t know if you can ever get it quite right for any sport. Maybe baseball since it moves more slowly?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wish the game had the proud and powerful theme, and the Luther face paint, and 🤪👈

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think the only time I’ve heard good video game commentary is one of the newer NBA 2K games and even then it’s still a little off. I just don’t know if you can ever get it quite right for any sport. Maybe baseball since it moves more slowly?

The one that jumps out to me is the Madden Memorial Game in the new Madden because that's essentially them reading an essay with occasional breakins for touchdowns and stuff. The regular generated Madden comms are... pretty ok.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

MLB The Show had fantastic commentary, but last year they scrapped it wholesale because it was easier than going through ~15 years of audio and removing every mention of Cleveland's former team name. It's still pretty good but I preferred the Vasgersian crew.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I wish the game had the proud and powerful theme, and the Luther face paint, and 🤪👈

is super bad girl missing? I found the 8 bit but i might have missed it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know how to feel about a Rob Ford reference in the Toronto portion of Road To Elite

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oldskool posted:

we just passed 40 minutes on match #2 and there have been exactly two attempts at the briefcase in this match

"when's the last time anyone even climbed a ladder?"
"it was JUNE"
this match is 90 minutes long and the briefcase is only 25% done

e: they found a Steve Austin soundboard

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 1, 2023

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have no idea what wrestling game could have caused it but I always want to press circle to grapple even though I know that’s run
I fuckin hate this layout, esp. with nascent carpal tunnel. I can’t button mash (hold direction + hold B + hit X or Y at the right time) the way I once could. Mapping run to a trigger should be an option if it isn’t already.

I played one exhibition match as Ricky Starks / Black Gollum and it definitely felt very WWE2K15

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Suplex Liberace posted:

is super bad girl missing? I found the 8 bit but i might have missed it.

Yeah, it's one of the ones you have to buy with in game currency though

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I went skimming through the music and I think one of the themes for Santana and Ortiz is in there, when people say Mikey Rukus copied the library in there they mean it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

loving Mel's theme song is in there

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I fuckin hate this layout, esp. with nascent carpal tunnel. I can’t button mash (hold direction + hold B + hit X or Y at the right time) the way I once could. Mapping run to a trigger should be an option if it isn’t already.

I played one exhibition match as Ricky Starks / Black Gollum and it definitely felt very WWE2K15

It is an option. I did it.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Testekill posted:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

NL are doing a Moneyiest in the Bankiest tournament, what a miserable experience multiman matches are in the WWE games.

So this is what according to the IGN review is the king of wrestling games...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Imaging saying Fight Forever is a poo poo game cause it only has 4-player matches when this is how literally every multi-man match in the WWE games goes

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

IT'S OVER

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dunno the review scores make me doubt that its over

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is pure misery

Thankfully Yukes doesn't make wrestling games anymore...

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Imaging saying Fight Forever is a poo poo game cause it only has 4-player matches when this is how literally every multi-man match in the WWE games goes

yeah, Battle Royals/Rumbles are the only match type that are even a little fun with more than 4 wrestlers

everything else is terrible, unless a wrestling game actually bothered to put some serious design work into all the flaws of tag/multi-man matches

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

played a few matches at my friends house. game is fun

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No wrestling game has ever really managed to get multi-man stuff right. Even Fire Pro has its weirdness in this area, CPU wrestlers can get confused about targeting pretty easy. The matches are still fun but they're a bit sloppy.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

who in the hell decided you could interrupt strikes, it makes tag matches brutal. This was my biggest problem with the old engines!!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Thanks to whoever suggested switching the run and Irish whip buttons, it makes the game way easier to play.

I’ve sunk a bit more time into the game and the gameplay is really, really good. I’m learning how to do more moves and it’s noticeable how wrestlers have different styles. The AI seems pretty good too. I’ve seen complaints that the matches end too fast but I find they’re going about 3-6 minutes and that’s only slightly shorter than a 2K match.

There’s been a lot written about how it’s barebones and I agree that is disappointing but not unexpected. They have been open that more wrestlers/modes will be added.

The bigger disappointment is the stuff I’d expect to be in there that just isn’t. We should be able to assign stats to created stars without making them run a gauntlet, creating a move set should be much easier, the pinfall system should show a meter of how close you are to kicking out, and you should have the option to turn on reversal notices. There should also be the ability to change the rules for basic matches, like no countout or elimination in multi man matches. I hope they add a patch for things like this too and don’t just send out updates for things they can monetize.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i'm going to go on record so someone jot these opinions down:

i like the total lack of prompting/feedback on reversals and pins. imo there should be something invisible about those things because of how tied into the momentum system they need to be. like, the WWE games kill me with the quantifying it down to exact timing instead of the result of everything that's preceded it; it would be like if a fighting game let you hit a button at the right moment to avoid your HP hitting 0.

matches should be longer, tho. you gain momentum too quickly, especially with a few stats, and i always seem to go back to orange right after hitting a finisher instead of returning to the default green. that doesn't seem like something they'll change with patches, so I'll just live with it as long as I play the game.

the CAW would easily be fixed by just rolling out new content on a regular basis; clothes and faces would do wonders.

my biggest personal failing: button-mashing to grapple people who are still standing up.

that's it. that's my one serious post of the year. that's as serious as i'll get on the anonymous internet venue.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

It is why I don't give a gently caress about Fight Forever only having four players, multi-man matches in WWE games are loving miserable experiences.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I knew the exploding barbed wire death match wouldn't go 30 real life minutes before the bomb but I wasn't expecting... two.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

projecthalaxy posted:

I knew the exploding barbed wire death match wouldn't go 30 real life minutes before the bomb but I wasn't expecting... two.

give us options

give us options

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Probably gonna switch from Normal to Hard next time I play. Normal is just feeling a little too easy in regular matches and even if I lose, I want to feel a bit of a challenge.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Having the ref in the ring is dumb, the worst invention in wrestling games

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My CAW got absolutely squashed by Penta and I spent the whole time in awe of how sick his moves look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Having the ref in the ring is dumb, the worst invention in wrestling games
aubrey takes longer to start counting than an average cmll ref