Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

I used to live somewhere with a local chain of 24 hour gyms. I got a membership discount there from my job. It was really nice to be able to go to the gym after work when I worked 4pm to midnight, and to be able to afford such a swank gym to begin with. Never encountered anything strange at all there in the three years I went. Hell, I hardly encountered any other people. It was just a normal, really nice gym with way, way less people and no classes going on. Extremely off-peak hours are the best gym hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I. M. Gei posted:

I got back from the gym after midnight tonight.

This has become a disturbingly common occurrence for me.

it was almost midnight, how dare they come in sneaking around like that, trying to give me a heart attack! I set my face hard, and walked through, preparing to give Marie, or whoever it was, a piece of my mind.

The lights in the gym were off, but I could see movement over near the gymnastics equipment, someone swinging back and forth on the parallel bars. It was a smooth, rhythmic motion, down and around and up and over, around and over, up and down. Sometimes the movement flew up, releasing the bars for a moment, before deftly catching them on the way down. There was no sound as I got closer, apart from the faint slap of hands gripping and releasing the wood of the beams. If it was Marie, I’d never seen her doing anything like this before. I walked over, and turned on the overhead lights.

It was not Marie, swinging round and about on the bars. Marie only had two arms. Marie had legs. And Marie had a head. The thing that swung and flipped and twirled around the bars was nothing like Marie, though its flesh looked human enough. It did have a smile, though, stitched… right in the centre of its torso.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Nooner posted:

Lunk in training

Lifting with your kids is awesome. I have a set of medicine balls just so my girls can do strongman with me and lift those while I lift stones.

I have also trained them to get me chalk and my 5 year old knows how to call 911 if I drop all my weights on myself

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

it was almost midnight, how dare they come in sneaking around like that, trying to give me a heart attack! I set my face hard, and walked through, preparing to give Marie, or whoever it was, a piece of my mind.

The lights in the gym were off, but I could see movement over near the gymnastics equipment, someone swinging back and forth on the parallel bars. It was a smooth, rhythmic motion, down and around and up and over, around and over, up and down. Sometimes the movement flew up, releasing the bars for a moment, before deftly catching them on the way down. There was no sound as I got closer, apart from the faint slap of hands gripping and releasing the wood of the beams. If it was Marie, I’d never seen her doing anything like this before. I walked over, and turned on the overhead lights.

It was not Marie, swinging round and about on the bars. Marie only had two arms. Marie had legs. And Marie had a head. The thing that swung and flipped and twirled around the bars was nothing like Marie, though its flesh looked human enough. It did have a smile, though, stitched… right in the centre of its torso.

I didn't know Kylo Ren did gymnastics.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Yes but how big was its water bottle

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My gym is 24 hours and nothing crazy ever happens there

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, that episode of the Magnus Archives wasn't good.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Best playboy letter intro I've seen in a long time. Continue

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
There was a 24 hour gym near my parents and it was great when I worked nights or early mornings. I once got up at 2am to go to the gym for 2:30 and get to work for 4:30. I'd seldom see anybody and when I did they were usually just leaving or arriving after I was leaving.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I've been super sore the last few days dunno what's up with that so my lunking has been put in hold for a day or so

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

is this the unironic gbs lunking thread?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

my butt hurts and it could be from the deadlifts it could be not from the deadlifts too tho

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
droppin weights and poundin shakes

Chief McHeath posted:

my butt hurts and it could be from the deadlifts it could be not from the deadlifts too tho

deadlifts not only make my butt hurt but also the entire grundle/undercarriage area

Mozi fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 7, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i started lunking a couple weeks back because i'm tired of having weak legs and push strength but ridiculously above average pull strength. going well so far

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

deadlift day but i only got 4 hours of sleep last night

might swap a less intense session for today and save the DLs for tomorrow, but then that will push my squat day from sunday to monday because i ain't gonna squat a day after deadlifts

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lunk alerts off the charts
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

I'm declaring a lunkmergency
:jail:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

is this the unironic gbs lunking thread?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

learning to Love the Lunk

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

saw a dude at my gym (Gold's) the other day with a gallon jug of water, grunting loudly and moving between three different machines and I thought :hmmyes:, you are welcome here

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Weighted wrist and ankle bands are the only workout equipment anyone should ever need

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smugworth posted:

Weighted wrist and ankle bands are the only workout equipment anyone should ever need

Me and my beefcake lunk boys are gonna fold this pencil neck in half if they keep talking this kinda mess.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Smugworth posted:

Lunk more

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Outrail posted:

Lunk more

hell yea

the hype song of all hype songs

https://youtu.be/Rhl5K0mTSKY

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Today is squat day and I forgot my belt and earbuds. Focus is wrecked, afraid I might lunk

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I will legit just drive home all the way from the gym just to get my earbuds if I forget them. And my gym actually has pretty decent ambient radio music, but still, gently caress that poo poo. I will lunk out if I don't 'ave me chunes.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
My shoulder is still kinda hosed up and I was doing straight-arm pulldowns with my right arm and I could only do 10 lb. I slapped 5 more lbs on and it wouldn't budge :negative:. I can OHP 140 lb but that 15 lb pulldown bested me

The Bible
May 8, 2010

pacerwpg posted:

My shoulder is still kinda hosed up and I was doing straight-arm pulldowns with my right arm and I could only do 10 lb. I slapped 5 more lbs on and it wouldn't budge :negative:. I can OHP 140 lb but that 15 lb pulldown bested me

*Lunk Alarm blares*

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I can bench press 6 gallons of tide

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I was asked not to return to planet fitness as well but it was because I drilled a bunch of glory holes in the men’s shower

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Gonna be jacked like Swartzeneger after this picking it up and putting it down shenanigans

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I went on a date with this super smart woman who lived in a pimped out van and used Planet Fitness subscription to shower across the country.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Treecko posted:

Gonna be jacked like Swartzeneger after this picking it up and putting it down shenanigans

Oh buddy you are so outta here...

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

I will legit just drive home all the way from the gym just to get my earbuds if I forget them. And my gym actually has pretty decent ambient radio music, but still, gently caress that poo poo. I will lunk out if I don't 'ave me chunes.

Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy is playing at full volume in my head 24/7 so I don't have this problem.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy is playing at full volume in my head 24/7 so I don't have this problem.

Such a great song

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i definitely spent a few minutes ‘mirin my pecs and delts and lats and arms when i came home from the gym last night stay lunkin’ everybody

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pinche Rudo posted:

I was asked not to return to planet fitness as well but it was because I drilled a bunch of glory holes in the men’s shower

Haha so which PF was that again just curious

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Poohs Packin posted:

Give me your disease

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This morning some loving clown was putting his phone, waterbottle and hoodie on a machine then he'd go use a different one. gently caress off with this poo poo it's busy if you aren't actively at the machine you don't get to save it. gently caress you.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

This morning some loving clown was putting his phone, waterbottle and hoodie on a machine then he'd go use a different one. gently caress off with this poo poo it's busy if you aren't actively at the machine you don't get to save it. gently caress you.

Oh yeah that's Slugworth he's a friend of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sounds like a great opportunity to cop a new phone