Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Tweet embeds are still working for me. In fact, it’s the only way I can see a tweet right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

It’s neat seeing Elon make the worst possible decision at every single juncture. It’s a real “watch the sausage get made” experience for a lot of people who weren’t already clued in to the idiotic way he runs any given company.

I also love how all of this is going down on a holiday weekend

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Twitter is very broken right now

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

Tweet embeds are still working for me. In fact, it’s the only way I can see a tweet right now
Hello fellow embed only twitter ! Soon it will be really a dead site for us!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

He’s just mad that advertisers are leaving

Any day now

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Just logged into twitter and got “rate limit exceeded” before I did anything this website is definitely shutting down soon

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

shyduck posted:

Twitter is very broken right now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

This is very upsetting

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon i know you are lurking cspam... reveal yourself

Waffle House Was Right

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

whaley posted:

thread title sucks now

:(

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE: APARTHEID RICHIE RICH AND THE BOYS FROM CYBER BRAZIL

He's got his sticky fingers bookmarking all the wrong pages

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

lol, I woke up today to find twitter locked because I went over my “rate limit”. How can they gently caress this up? It’s literally just a website that serves text and images

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Maybe I'm wrong but given every tweet us twitter broken but it's not trending on twitter I believe Mysk added a recursion to prevent twitter from trending on twitter.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I would really love it if every user had the rate limit issue, because it’s really loving stupid and everyone should know

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
looking forward to all the musk toadies saying the site is working better than ever afterwards.

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH
Just chiming in on the current "rate limited" nonsense, can't see anything in Following but the For You tab still shows up, sans any replies.

edit: lol, so much for the For You tab

67 and still making love has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Jul 1, 2023

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

meanolmrcloud posted:

I would really love it if every user had the rate limit issue, because it’s really loving stupid and everyone should know

I don’t think is everyone. Im getting it but I can still post and a tweet I just posted got some views and likes

Maybe is a web problem? I only use twitter web, I have no app installed

edit: for me neither for you or following loads, nor search either. the only thing loading is my notifications tab, where I can see my own tweets. I can click on people’s profiles from there but their tweets won’t load either

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

Maybe I'm wrong but given every tweet us twitter broken but it's not trending on twitter I believe Mysk added a recursion to prevent twitter from trending on twitter.

Think I'm right about this but looks like they didn't account for "Rate Limit Exceeded" trending

TheDragonRetard
Apr 4, 2003
I've been getting the "rate limited" issue off and on for the last 6 hours. At first I could spam refresh and read one or two tweet threads before it would go tits up, now I can't get anything to load.

Good to see it's not just me but the whole site collapsing in on itself, for a minute I thought it was because of my BlueBlocker extension lmao.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this is all needed to combat scrapers

if you know a web scaper know that they are ruining the web for you

do society a favor and turn them into the police

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i hit an embed by accident on my ipad and since i don't have an account i expected to get kicked to the login screen, but i get this instead

real cool functional website

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Twitter is imploding more by the day and it's wonderful. I wonder how hosed the code base is right now

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

20%

that's 1 in 5, in case you're not a math understander like me :viggo:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1675135112374042624

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

How's musk gonna make x the site for everything when he's too stupid to continue operations of twitter the site for one thing?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Elias_Maluco posted:

I don’t think is everyone. Im getting it but I can still post and a tweet I just posted got some views and likes

Maybe is a web problem? I only use twitter web, I have no app installed

edit: for me neither for you or following loads, nor search either. the only thing loading is my notifications tab, where I can see my own tweets. I can click on people’s profiles from there but their tweets won’t load either
“rate limit exceeded” only happening on app not web browsing it appears

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
he was apparently suspended for "exposing private info" and he maintains the list of known twitter blue subscribers so i've got a guess

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Petey posted:

“rate limit exceeded” only happening on app not web browsing it appears

I’m getting it on the web, is what I was saying

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hold on, I'm getting reports that the twitter website is having issues?

concerning

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder if it’s possible to cancel blue if you signed up for it

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Twitter down
Reddit app no longer works

looks like SA remains the champ of wasting my time

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Rorobb posted:

Twitter down
Reddit app no longer works

looks like SA remains the champ of wasting my time

undisputed king of getting weird people together

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LegoMan posted:

undisputed king of getting weird people together

the HS drama club of websites

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

For those that are like "Ok I really, really don't want to go get a twitter, but there are like a few people I'm cool with hearing from there", someone on the github for nitter came up with this idea so you can just shove some people you like on a rss feed instead of having to register an account and having to handle the whole enchilada.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023
I was on reddit until the API nonsense started and now I've come crawling back to SA.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I wonder if this will delay the creation of X, the everything app.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

euphronius posted:

I wonder if it’s possible to cancel blue if you signed up for it

regretting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

slandergoose posted:

I was on reddit until the API nonsense started and now I've come crawling back to SA.

I start an account every couple years and then inevitably delete it when I find myself spending too much time shitposting for negative attention