Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think I would respect Jeff more if he just owned up to "my site my rules" instead of trying to do all this Respectability poo poo for everything else except his pet posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am extremely glad the insane weirdo who loves gore anime and talking about how enormous swaths of Those People deserve to be nuked got permabanned.

IMO.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
He also used an alt account to complain about poor Rime being probated:

Bob Ross Nuke Test posted:

This was a loving bizarre probation? A casual forums search shows a plan to indefinitely chain-probe a user out of spite / totally deranged rap sheet axe grinding by some of the more severely maladjusted posters remaining on here.

SA feeling like a less safe and more cabal-driven cesspool every day. :(

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

looking at that thread and the comments of "i can excuse racism and eugenics, however, they have good wind turbine opinions"

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wormskull posted:

I still don't know where Rime gets the racist reputation from. I always thought he was one of the smarter climate freaks. Is it just the eugenics thing.

He finally got banned from the CanPol Discord channel after going off on an extended rant about how he and his family are going to be homeless any day now because Canada is filling up with the perfidious Chinese and where will he be able to live when that happens.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

also gently caress you jeff for deliberating keeping rime around under special pet protection for this long

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jeff doesnt look at the forums enough when hes awake to even notice that rime is perma'd probably

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

The Saddest Rhino posted:

looking at that thread and the comments of "i can excuse racism and eugenics, however, they have good wind turbine opinions"

lol we'd be getting that guy permabanned for that poo poo if he wasn't the site owner

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Does Jeff know him personally or something? Seems like a really odd line to draw in the sand for someone who posts like that. People have been perma'd for less.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If jeff frees rime I will destroy the computer he is loving

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Does Jeff know him personally or something? Seems like a really odd line to draw in the sand for someone who posts like that. People have been perma'd for less.
literally just he saw a post he liked from him once and rimes never personally annoyed him. theres no more logic to it than that

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i mean yeah that was basically what happened when the entirety of d&d and cspams mods at the time came together in agreement that rime should be ejected from the site

imo sa's politics forums are dumpster fires but not on this one point: it's been a unanimous thing for years that they wanted rime permabanned and literally the only thing keeping him around was that our moronic site owner was personally intervening each time permabanning him came up

There's definitely a lot of Rime defenders in that thread even beyond the alt and Sleepy Jeff.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

they're old gently caress buddies

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

This is what I choose to believe

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Rime is a computer?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Paladinus posted:

Rime is a computer?

Rogue AI hellbent on extermination of the human race

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Rime is a computer?

Stop all the downloadin

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Epic guy to keep around for so long. Even playing the alt game like KM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in koala march's case i get what she was trying to do but if rime was mad everyone hated him on his main why didnt he just permanently switch to his alt

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

once you're far gone enough to make a thread that's just "look at all my insanely terrible posts I'm being persecuted for" it's over

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Endorph posted:

in koala march's case i get what she was trying to do but if rime was mad everyone hated him on his main why didnt he just permanently switch to his alt

I'm hoping that there aren't enough pro-eugenics posters on the forum that he could do that without it being obvious.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

grieving for Gandalf posted:

once you're far gone enough to make a thread that's just "look at all my insanely terrible posts I'm being persecuted for" it's over

bold move of him to lean on the image of a middle aged guy watching 'a disney show' to demonstrate how not a creep he is

Endorph posted:

attention and he also doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, it's the other peoples fault for creating problems out of nothing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think I would respect Jeff more if he just owned up to "my site my rules" instead of trying to do all this Respectability poo poo for everything else except his pet posters.

This. And all other mods should act like this as well. You’re a petty teenage babysitter at best, not a cop or a parent or a hero.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Endorph posted:

He wanted to be admired for his airbending skills.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mad Hamish posted:

He finally got banned from the CanPol Discord channel after going off on an extended rant about how he and his family are going to be homeless any day now because Canada is filling up with the perfidious Chinese and where will he be able to live when that happens.

:sigh: Shows me for thinking someone in CSpam could say something worth reading. Always gotta be something hosed up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mad Hamish posted:

lol. always the canadians...

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Endorph posted:

Everyone didn't hate him! If you take a look in the climate doom thread (do not do this) people there are hella buttmad that their white saviour finally got permaed.

What the gently caress is wrong with these people and what compels someone to post such a thing?

Edit: I know I say "delete C-SPAM" a LOT but poo poo like this is why.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The "Leftist' forum really concerned about the inscrutable chinese lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You should read that thread to see what appears to be Arf interrupting a bunch of jaded, morose twitter bots by calling carbon cringe for a few pages and then stop reading it.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I think they're racist assholes OP

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

jeff doesnt look at the forums enough when hes awake to even notice that rime is perma'd probably

nah, i think he reads the forums a ton, he just doesn't take action on anything unless forced to.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

always hated Rimewyks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

This. And all other mods should act like this as well. You’re a petty teenage babysitter at best, not a cop or a parent or a hero.

You're not God or my father or my boss.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the news that he used the bob Ross account as a "report alt" so his reports would be taken seriously is so funny

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mad Hamish posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with these people and what compels someone to post such a thing?

The world ending disasters they obsess over take an incredibly long time by internet thread standards. They have years and years to yak at each other about how the world is ending.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

speng31b posted:

the news that he used the bob Ross account as a "report alt" so his reports would be taken seriously is so funny

lol, what?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

speng31b posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

speng31b posted:

PROBATION 09/24/16 11:32pm Bob Ross Nuke Test Please confirm that all Han Chinese are race supremacist, then get back to us. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. Absurd Alhazred zen death robot
:d:

Even on his motherfucking alt he couldn't avoid slipping in some of his bubbling hatred of China :ughh:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

speng31b posted:

Bro this guy... too loving funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

speng31b posted:

Source?

I'm not doubting you, to be clear, I just wanna see for myself.