Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

A unit disbands match being 3 vs 4 is a weird choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's 100% on me for not knowing much Japanese but I have no idea why Miyagi is back. She lost to Unagi and quit GLEAT, went to Ice Ribbon for a couple of months, and is now back repping GLEAT again and picking up the feud with Unagi.

4 vs 3 seems a tad unfair for this unit dissolution match, but suppose one of the 4 is Check Shimatani

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

It's 100% on me for not knowing much Japanese but I have no idea why Miyagi is back. She lost to Unagi and quit GLEAT, went to Ice Ribbon for a couple of months, and is now back repping GLEAT again and picking up the feud with Unagi.

4 vs 3 seems a tad unfair for this unit dissolution match, but suppose one of the 4 is Check Shimatani

I'm pretty sure Miyagi leaving was a work, with the idea being she got pissed off having to carry around this small teenager. At least that's how I read it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Love a good overhead camera shot in wrestling :kiss:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

60 Seconds lasted longer than I thought but it was an inevitability, BULK still need to win the tag belts back from the Saitos

Cool match though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was looking at my MOTYC spreasheet and Kento has nearly lapped the field. It's him at 15, Yuma at 11, then nothing until Okada with 7

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I was looking at my MOTYC spreasheet and Kento has nearly lapped the field. It's him at 15, Yuma at 11, then nothing until Okada with 7

All Japan really has been fantastic at the top of the card.

The Linda Kento Chihiro team is just really loving entertaining

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

The Linda Kento Chihiro team is just really loving entertaining

Absolutely, that match was a ton of fun

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

LOL Linda stealing the pin from Hashimoto, what a son of a bitch (whom I love)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

G-Pro Wrestling main event with 4 matches left on the card :lol:

e: that 450 to the back must have loving sucked for T-Hawk to take

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 1, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

See,this is when we should get Voodoo Murders, during intermission

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The UWF explainer video always tickles me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrMidSouth1984/status/1675107302100049921?t=kIfs9zSe1-o8qc8cwHd2mw&s=19

Cool

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was cool. Push Fukuda, she's like the only member fo the roster that didn't embarrass themselves on the LIDET MMA show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That match felt really weirdly paced, a draw works but I would have really preferred Fukuda vs Inaba to get the higher billing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The little zappy sound effects in this theme :3:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hayato's music always cracks me up considering how violent he is.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

There's the stiff shots I crave :sickos:

e: that look on Hayato's face as he breaks the count :stare:

Holy poo poo

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 1, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving love that guy. I thought his selling was tremendous & really made Ito look good.

At the same time lol at Ito losing in his first defence, to an outsider. Goddammit GLEAT, incapable of getting behind one of their non-STRONGHEARTS guys.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

When I saw the GLEAT MMA logo on screen I panicked but sounds like it's just one match?

Also Hiromu, Atsuki &...was that Jun Tonsho? Against Kaz Hayashi, CIMA & Minoru Tanaka sounds fun

OH AND KOTA IBUSHI

GLEAT Ver.MEGA is a silly name though. Just called it Ver.7

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So yeah, if you didn't watch GLEAT Ver.7, it was good & after the last match they played a VT which was a tease of a guy shadowboxing & then they just showed us it was Kota Ibushi & he's on the 4th August GLEAT Ver.MEGA

I can't find a photo or clip of the video because Twitter has decided to make itself even more hostile to people who won't subscribe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I can't find a photo or clip of the video because Twitter has decided to make itself even more hostile to people who won't subscribe.

Yeah, during some of the DDT show there were promos that I went to check the translation for and... welp, gently caress you Twitter I guess!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, during some of the DDT show there were promos that I went to check the translation for and... welp, gently caress you Twitter I guess!

What's even better is you can still tweet fine, you just can't read anything anyone else says. Somehow making it even more shouting into the void than it used to be.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

UWF rules are really loving cool, like Pure on steroids

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

What's even better is you can still tweet fine, you just can't read anything anyone else says. Somehow making it even more shouting into the void than it used to be.

Wait, I don't have an account and just assumed you needed to be logged in to view stuff.... you're saying even if you ARE logged in you still can't read people's tweets? :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, I don't have an account and just assumed you needed to be logged in to view stuff.... you're saying even if you ARE logged in you still can't read people's tweets? :psyduck:

Yep. Site's in advanced dying now

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Apparently non-blue users are currently (temporarily?) limited to viewing 600 posts a day

Blue is 6000 (lol)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Taxman posted:

Apparently non-blue users are currently (temporarily?) limited to viewing 600 posts a day

Blue is 6000 (lol)

It is amazing how little Elon seems to understand how people use the website he spent tens of billions on.

If he just shut the thing down the second he bought it he'd at least saved a little money on bills and rent, doing it this way just seems daft.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Posted the Kobe World GDT for tonight.

Highly recommend checking this show out, it's the most interesting Kobe card they've had in a while.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That Omori/Tanizaki vs GoA match was real goddamn weird, it seemed like they were doing a legit injury thing with Honda then it got a bit too slapstick for my liking with Masao failing to drag his dead weight to the corner for a tag. Then after that they do a stretcher job for Honda, the whole thing is just off

These All Japan vs 2AW matches seem sweet though, Kento vs Ayato and Omori vs Kengo will bang

e2: Wasn't feeling Atsuki vs Linda as much as I thought, but Inoue as the first challenger should be tasty

e3: Oh poo poo, Omori challenging for the Triple Crown

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 2, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Decided to check out VAMOSTAR for the first time with their June 1st show. It was cool seeing Koji Doi again even if it were against Joji Otani and got to see my boy Yusuke Kodama in a threeway with Daimonji So, who has a great look but seems pretty limited in ring. And KONO is in the main event teaming with Kohei Sato and not doing the Voodoo Murders gimmick, everything's coming up Millhouse

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Baka Gaijin in 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y1boddXaP0

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

As far as proportion of men to women in the crowd Baka Gaijin must have even Dragongate beat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MAO as Drew is a look

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh no Ueki, you fool! don't give water to the robot

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao these two deathmatchers having a quiet break to drink a brew

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The only roof more iconic in Pro-wrestling is the one that's the wall brother stood on

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

The only roof more iconic in Pro-wrestling is the one that's the wall brother stood on

What about the night Kimona Wanalaya danced on the roof of the ECW Arena?

And Akki is right, the theme of the show is extra stupid

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Back on my birthday, thanks Baka Gaijin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Brackets for King of Gate 2023, with some alterations:

1) Strong Machine J aggravated his shoulder again. He's off the Korakuen this week but his 1st round match against Kanda is still undecided, so it might not be that severe.
2) Diamante has pulled out of KoG, and Susumu gets a 2nd round Bye. This could either be because of that gnarly arm bump when Shun dragged him down from the cage, or just kayfabe as he reinvents himself as The Most Handsome Man.

My pick is Minoura this year. Ben-K is a good bet too but I don't think he needs the win for a title shot. Minoura needs to earn his because his last two title shots were him forcing himself into the main event, and it hasn't done him any favors.