Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

https://twitter.com/limbuscompany_b/status/1674709756567777280

BEHOLD
THE GREAT ONE COMES!!!!!

(Also some news about MoM Hard but w/e MY PRECIOUS FLAMING ISH)

A solo ID banner? That's a bit of a downer. Just like this page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

just started a mirror run and i'm immediately being accosted by the spectre of toys r us

e: it's like one of those drinking birds except it needs to be manually filled, with human blood. what an abno.

e2: new abnos i've seen from dungeon events so far:

All-Around Helper's depressed brother
A Dimensional Refraction Variant/Don't Touch Me mashup where if you push the button DRV shows up and starts melting reality. cool complimentary goggles though. Notably Dante themself has a very bad reaction to this one.
the above Toys R Us Murder Giraffe
A rose growing from a pool of blood, though it's specificed that the rose itself has nothing to do with the blood being there
Surgery Hydra, likely related to the weirdo with the blood bag
An Old Woman/Oz mashup who just stares at a painting of Home all day but seems somewhat lucid

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 30, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So my team's going to be, assuming that the 450 shown in the preview has either 0 or 1 +50 base cost bonus and thus we can reach 500:

quote:

000 R Heath (100)
000 EGO Yi Sang (100) + Sunshower EGO (60)
00 L Corp Faust (60)
00 LCCB Ishmael (60)
00 Kurokumo Hong Lu (60)
0 Outis (20)

That's a total of 460 points. If the cap's 550 with both bonuses, then I'll also bring along Faust's Fluid Sac and another 0 ID, not sure which. Probably Sinclair.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

So my team's going to be, assuming that the 450 shown in the preview has either 0 or 1 +50 base cost bonus and thus we can reach 500:

That's a total of 460 points. If the cap's 550 with both bonuses, then I'll also bring along Faust's Fluid Sac and another 0 ID, not sure which. Probably Sinclair.

Ebony Stem is also pretty good on 0 Outis,, though I guess Sunshower has you covered for Pierce AOE already

I'd bite the bullet and take another 00, 0 Sinclair seems good on paper but he never seems to work out for me

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Currently doing my victory day 1 reset for the big push to end the game, just finished the biggest bird and now working on white night before I run to the end. I loved the game so much for all the random meta bullshit it throws at you with the intricate rules for each anomaly. My question is how much does Library of Ruina follow this trend? Or does it end up falling into a more typical Slay The Spire/RPG game? The story has been interesting and would like to see more, but have really found the complexity of the anomalies and the extent they impact you like disabling pause or requiring to be/not be on screen, to be what has really pulled me into the Lobotomy.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ingenium posted:

Currently doing my victory day 1 reset for the big push to end the game, just finished the biggest bird and now working on white night before I run to the end. I loved the game so much for all the random meta bullshit it throws at you with the intricate rules for each anomaly. My question is how much does Library of Ruina follow this trend? Or does it end up falling into a more typical Slay The Spire/RPG game? The story has been interesting and would like to see more, but have really found the complexity of the anomalies and the extent they impact you like disabling pause or requiring to be/not be on screen, to be what has really pulled me into the Lobotomy.
They manage to pretty faithfully recreate most Abnormalities in a turn based party card fighter. Normal fights are pretty straightforward, but Abnormality boss fights - required to advance your floors (aka department) and unlock extra agents/librarians/nuggets - are all about playing around the monster's gimmick and CAREFULLY reading it's passive list. As an example off the top of my head, here's one of the Abnormalities in Hokma's floor: The Price of Silence, cut from LobCorp for being too similar to Hokma's Meltdown, gives you 30 seconds to complete your turn, at which point it will automatically start the round regardless of whether you've finished assigning actions. It also gives your party trap cards that will hinder you if played, and if there are any empty actions when the turn automatically starts they'll be randomly assigned a card from your hand, including the trap card...

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 30, 2023

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Seeing all the ways they translate Lob Corp abnormality mechanics to a turn-based card battle system is one of my favorite parts of Ruina

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

There was something in the description of Hard Mode Mirror that actually really worried me.

Apparently the Floor 5 buffs from normal mode - the ones where you have to regularly use EGOs to clash at max sanity or risk eating poo poo - are now present starting from the second floor of the dungeon.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
They also said they will use abnormalities from RR there, so there's an open question if they touch them up, or if they take abnos balanced for RR and just plop them into Mirror Dungeon with no changes. If it's the latter, some of the battles could get pretty funny. Especially with the buffs.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
not that it likely matters to too many of us weirdos, but I note that the Sinclair banner currently running has some season 1 identities

it's nice that people get another bite at the golden apple before s3 (or first bite, for new arrivals) if they really want eg mariachi or, you know, grip

Mirror dungeon 2: burn team is certainly plausible but I just fought the talisman boss and that could potentially go pretty pear-shaped if I'm wrong about the burn math there.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Google Jeb Bush posted:

not that it likely matters to too many of us weirdos, but I note that the Sinclair banner currently running has some season 1 identities

Season 1 Identities (except for the Event ones iirc) are still in the gacha pool normally. You just can't buy them with shards anymore.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Quackles posted:

Apparently the Floor 5 buffs from normal mode - the ones where you have to regularly use EGOs to clash at max sanity or risk eating poo poo - are now present starting from the second floor of the dungeon.

Wait, really? I autoed my way through floor 5 and didn't have any problems. Did I just get really lucky?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

They also said they will use abnormalities from RR there, so there's an open question if they touch them up, or if they take abnos balanced for RR and just plop them into Mirror Dungeon with no changes. If it's the latter, some of the battles could get pretty funny. Especially with the buffs.

that seems concerning because the worst parts of RR is when the bosses drop all pretense and just stall you the gently caress out

lookin at you snake guy

Arzaac posted:

Wait, really? I autoed my way through floor 5 and didn't have any problems. Did I just get really lucky?

i've autoed my way through it 3 times, they do actually win clashes sometimes but aren't that bad

e: also even with 1 floor of prep you'll have a good deal of resources to burn

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 30, 2023

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Is there no more daily free entry or any other mechanic to limit your mirror dungeon runs to one a day? Other than MD2 being incredibly long?

Also, I wonder what determines how much starlight you get at the end of a run. My first run ended with over 100, my second just under 100. I spent more "crumbs" (don't recall what the name of the currency is) on the second run buying skill swaps, if that makes a difference

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It depends on the enemies, like G Corp people will not usually be a threat but K Corp Class 3 with a floor buff can roll like EGOs sometimes.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

posadas posted:

Is there no more daily free entry or any other mechanic to limit your mirror dungeon runs to one a day? Other than MD2 being incredibly long?

None whatsoever.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It depends on the enemies, like G Corp people will not usually be a threat but K Corp Class 3 with a floor buff can roll like EGOs sometimes.

Yeah, for me the big threat is the opposing talisman guys. The real definition of 'glass cannon', right there.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Ariamaki posted:

https://twitter.com/limbuscompany_b/status/1674709756567777280

BEHOLD
THE GREAT ONE COMES!!!!!

(Also some news about MoM Hard but w/e MY PRECIOUS FLAMING ISH)

Looks like we're finally getting a good 000 ID for Ishmael.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first 000 Liu ID?

That would mean that slim and somewhat short Ishmael is BETTER at punching things on fire than MEURSAULT!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They need to undo the "one ego gift" post fight thing. We're back to being force fed White Gypsium again.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The actual buffs seem to be variable as well. If you get a nasty set, it can make things rather difficult. Getting Final power +1, Offense Level +5, Base Power +1 and Plus Coin Power +2 really adds up.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 30, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

LostRook posted:

They need to undo the "one ego gift" post fight thing. We're back to being force fed White Gypsium again.

That's so people can learn the hard way that White Gossypium is actually a strictly-beneficial gift in 99.9% of fights and you shouldn't be scared of it, but should be leaning in to its benefits. :v:

LostRook posted:

The actual buffs seem to be variable as well. If you get a nasty set, it can make things rather difficult. Getting Final power +1, Offense Level +5, Base Power +1 and Plus Coin Power +2 really adds up.

I have yet to see it ever be different: By the final floor it's always the same mix of Base Power 1, Final Power 1, Offense Level 5, Plus Coin +2, Minus Coin -2. Maybe the order they get added is varying, but I haven't experienced that either in my three runs so far.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

Yinlock posted:

If the starting lineup is still 7, then

R Heathcliff or Spicy Yi Sang(duh), Kuro Hong Lu(basically an 000), L Faust(solid), LCCB Ishmael(also solid) Rose Gregor(Legerdemain, also EGO gifts love rupture), Rose Meursault(blunt), and LCB Outis(cheap+good)

EGO: Legerdemain and Representation Emitter are free so lol gently caress 'em. I'll probably buy a big kid aoe from a dispenser but besides that who cares

which brings my points up to the Funny Weed Number. I could fit another 00 in there but I honestly don't know which one I'd rather have than LCB Outis. Maybe Tailsman Sinclair? I'unno

e: this is of course just Team Brainless Victory, actually caring about synergy is for things I won't be doing 3x a week

Legerdemain is 20, only base EGOs are free.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Can you get the boss-themed EGO abilities as like... random drops from doing the bosses in mirror dungeons? Or is the only source buying em with egoshards

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fabiopenz posted:

Legerdemain is 20, only base EGOs are free.

so it's 440 instead of 420, still fits

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Ariamaki posted:

That's so people can learn the hard way that White Gossypium is actually a strictly-beneficial gift in 99.9% of fights and you shouldn't be scared of it, but should be leaning in to its benefits. :v:

I have never in my life gone "I sure wish I could get a bunch of bleed stacks onto this enemy rather than prevent them from acting while doubling all damage to them from every damage type"

Absolute garbage ego gift that downgrades your combat ability.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

not sure what situation a few bleed stacks is superior to the enemy just being dead next turn with minimal effort and no danger to you whatsoever

like unless that bleed is more than double your next turn's damage it is a strict downgrade

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I would say that having the Red-stained Gossypium and a bleed comp makes the White Gossypium viable, but the Red-stained is a tier IV gift making it ultra-rare so not really something worth counting on.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cirina posted:

I have never in my life gone "I sure wish I could get a bunch of bleed stacks onto this enemy rather than prevent them from acting while doubling all damage to them from every damage type"

Absolute garbage ego gift that downgrades your combat ability.

Plus the Ch 4 robots can show up in later fights, tanking the bleed from white flower and making it even worse.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
rusty commemorative coin + sunshower = lol floor 4 ichthys almost got one-shot by yi sang's opening salvo

well and the "staggering an enemy deals 33% of their max hp in fixed damage, or 33% of the part's if abno"

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 1, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Plus the Ch 4 robots can show up in later fights, tanking the bleed from white flower and making it even worse.

tbf those things can't really be staggered anyway unless you have a Tremor team

gently caress you if you use one of those and get stuck with the white gypsium i guess

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
White Gossypium is mostly useful for early on in fights with multiple enemies, where you can't guarantee more than one or two hits on a Staggered foe and an assload of Bleed is, in fact, going to be more damage at the time. Not that this isn't still incredibly niche, but it's not completely useless.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies abberation Job Application of the Dead Butterflies is both hilarious and horrifying.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probe 17 posted:

White Gossypium is mostly useful for early on in fights with multiple enemies, where you can't guarantee more than one or two hits on a Staggered foe and an assload of Bleed is, in fact, going to be more damage at the time. Not that this isn't still incredibly niche, but it's not completely useless.

the only real possibilities are

1) They instantly vaporize to any attack, making it useless, or

2) They're actually putting up a fight which makes securing the action advantage even more important, making it useless

e: I get PM's reasoning behind it, in that a bleed-focused team wants the enemy to bleed a lot, but minimizing what the enemy can do is like the central thing of the game

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 1, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
So I did a memory repository and just reached day 22:

-I have managed to get Judgement Bird gear

-With the Justicia set, I have managed to work with CENSORED and get his gear

- I managed to beat a Dusk on day 21

-All my Agent are level 5 except Central but in a 3-4, the place should be full with maxed agent since I have enough Abnormalities to cover all stat

And all of this was made possible with the help of this guy, so please give a round of applause to HAO, CAPTAIN OF THE INFORMATION TEAM AND OUR VERY BEST EMPLOYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(The frame was hanged in the Control Department for all the new employee to see during their training!)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
Apologies if this is a stupid question and I'm just missing something obvious but, after the last update and the release of Mirror Dungeon 2, do we not have a free daily run at the mirror dungeon anymore? Or am I just blatantly overlooking something?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Garren_Windspear posted:

Apologies if this is a stupid question and I'm just missing something obvious but, after the last update and the release of Mirror Dungeon 2, do we not have a free daily run at the mirror dungeon anymore? Or am I just blatantly overlooking something?
We do not!

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
Ah. Well that's unfortunate. Though given the much more generous rewards for doing said Dungeons I suppose I'm in no position to complain. Thanks for the answer!

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
the non-bonus free daily was 7 BP, right? so 1 free bonus + 2 bonus + 6 free non bonus was 72 BP per week for the cost of 6 modules.

one run of MD2H is 6 modules for 75, and we get three of those per week once it releases. I'm pretty sure we're losing SOME right now since MD2 is 5 for 45 but

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

the non-bonus free daily was 7 BP, right? so 1 free bonus + 2 bonus + 6 free non bonus was 72 BP per week for the cost of 6 modules.

one run of MD2H is 6 modules for 75, and we get three of those per week once it releases. I'm pretty sure we're losing SOME right now since MD2 is 5 for 45 but

tbf it's not like modules are at an ultra-premium unless you're REALLY grinding the dungeon

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah, you can do one of each Luxcavation each day (and even double up on one of them) and do a daily MD run and still stay Module positive. Which is pretty crazy, because if you do that you'll be getting (75*3)+(30*4)+(70)+(20) = 435 BP per week from the Dungeons and dailies+weeklies. Meaning 43 or 44 levels per week, meaning 129 and 132 Yellow Boxes per week, meaning on average a 000 identity or EGO that you can just buy every week and a half.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Yeah, you can do one of each Luxcavation each day (and even double up on one of them) and do a daily MD run and still stay Module positive. Which is pretty crazy, because if you do that you'll be getting (75*3)+(30*4)+(70)+(20) = 435 BP per week from the Dungeons and dailies+weeklies. Meaning 43 or 44 levels per week, meaning 129 and 132 Yellow Boxes per week, meaning on average a 000 identity or EGO that you can just buy every week and a half.

I suspect uptie 4 is going to cost a shitton of shards which is why we get this ridiculous windfall

as an aside I like how the game now keeps track of exactly how many levels you've earned above 70. the sweat-o-meter

e: I still maintain my schedule of only doing mirrors 3 times a week and I still largely have enough shards to get everything I want

I also do daily extracts though which has gotten me some nutty poo poo

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I have racked up a truly ungodly number of hours in this game because I'll alt tab in between hitting win rate and giving the win rates a once over, and new mirror dungeon is really not helping with that.