Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Right what the gently caress is Nashville doing?

Edit: LA gets Cam Talbot, 1x1M. A very low-risk deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

MJeff posted:

Uh, when I was thinking about the Wings' offseason, "sign homophobes who also happened to be loving terrible at hockey" wasn't what I had in mind, Stevie.

So not as good as Chris Osgood, then? :)

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

Right what the gently caress is Nashville doing?

Rebuild is over, they're going for it

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

$55mil spent on Mike Condon, Matt Murray and now Korpisalo

What’s it like cheering for teams with pro scouting departments?
We had Cam Talbot too. A strong run of lovely goaltenders

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ThinkTank posted:

Rebuild is over, they're going for it

Yeah so the Duchene buyout makes perfect sense and I have no questions.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Travis Dermott is available too!

Wild to me that people were still touting his draft pedigree and saying that he could still be a top-4 defender at the start of last season. Great poster child for always asking yourself “what does this guy actually do?” when someone puts up a pretty blue chart about a small 3rd-pair guy with no points.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Duchene must be a collosal piece of poo poo this makes no sense

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

grack posted:

Buffalo signs Connor Clifton, 3x3.33M

I don't know what Buffalo is doing with their defense so far.

Clifton was apparently a good penalty killer on Boston. He will probably be a good partner for Power, assuming he’s a righty.

Johnson is probably a depth signing, a big veteran who can play shutdown on the third pair and PK minutes. They’ve also still got Lyubushkin and Jokiharju and a couple other guys. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/sabrespr/status/1675187565559676929?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Best penalty-killing defenseman in the league last year lol

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 1, 2023

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

Uh, when I was thinking about the Wings' offseason, "sign homophobes who also happened to be loving terrible at hockey" wasn't what I had in mind, Stevie.

Could be worse! Thomas Greiss is a Nazi!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Wild to me that people were still touting his draft pedigree and saying that he could still be a top-4 defender at the start of last season. Great poster child for always asking yourself “what does this guy actually do?” when someone puts up a pretty blue chart about a small 3rd-pair guy with no points.

He got a giant, career ruining concussion with the Canucks. He looked fine but unremarkable when he was healthy. He's a #7 if his brain gets fixed.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

He got a giant, career ruining concussion with the Canucks. He looked fine but unremarkable when he was healthy. He's a #7 if his brain gets fixed.

I mean, I watched ~250 games of him playing for the Leafs, I guarantee he’s a #7 on a good team at best with or without his brain.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I think Duthie just mentioned Holl to the Wings as he threw to commercials.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Holl will definitely score in every game against the Leafs next season.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ESPN has Radko Gudas to Anaheim. 3/$4M per.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

I think Duthie just mentioned Holl to the Wings as he threw to commercials.

3x3.4M

Seems high.

Boston also signed Lucic 1x1M

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

There's a diverse array of stats people who insisted that Holl was actually good, though I think Charron said he started declining through the end of last season and will probably get signed for more than he's worth even on his own model.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mike Reilly goes to Fancy Cats.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

supposedly Blueger and Ian Cole to the Canucks on one year deals which is... surprisingly reserved?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Holl definitely lost his touch with the puck completely last year, the Wings are gonna have to hope that’s temporary.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

supposedly Blueger and Ian Cole to the Canucks on one year deals which is... surprisingly reserved?

Is Ian Cole the sexual assaulter that the nhl tweeted about

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Orlov to Carolina

E: 2x7.75

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Orlov to Hurricanes, that seems spicy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He's the one who cheated on his wife with the cute, redheaded, engaged ice level reporter in Carolina if that's who you're thinking.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Oh yeah he is. I'm not happy with the person but at least it's not 3 years like people were saying

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's the one who cheated on his wife with the cute, redheaded, engaged ice level reporter in Carolina if that's who you're thinking.

No he got suspended for like a game by Tampa and the NHL did an investigation by sending tweets then considered it closed.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

He was also accused of grooming a highschool girl. The league's investigation into it was "well we DM'd her on twitter and she didn't respond. Case dismissed."

grack
Jan 10, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

A woman also accused Cole of grooming her when she was like, 15. Canucks just need their sex pest, I guess

Blueger is good, solid choice for a 3rd line centre.

Edit: Ottawa signed a guy named Rourke Chartier. Ottawa has officially won free agency

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No he got suspended for like a game by Tampa and the NHL did an investigation by sending tweets then considered it closed.

Yeah they DMed the account making the accusations, and didn't get a reply so they closed the case.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Johnson is probably a depth signing, a big veteran who can play shutdown on the third pair and PK minutes. They’ve also still got Lyubushkin and Jokiharju and a couple other guys. Definitely a step in the right direction.

i think they have TOO many guys right now. wouldn't be surprised to see joki or one of the others moved at this point

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

woof 2 years $7.75m for Orlov

I guess they're gonna move off Pesce?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Orlov to the Canes 7.75 x 2.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Ian Cole is 1x3M

Bleh. Hopefully he can help the PK, and not assault anyone.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I like Orlov but drat that’s a big cap hit

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Canucks get Blueger at 1x1.9m

I like that

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

Orlov to Carolina

E: 2x7.75

Good lord that's a cap hit. At least it's A) just two years and B) not DeAngelo.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Koopa Kid posted:

I like Orlov but drat that’s a big cap hit

The Canes are lowkey an extremely win-now team. They're going to be terrible in 25-26 and they know it.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lol wonder if that kills the Tony Deal

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol wonder if that kills the Tony Deal

Lebrun just said that it will still go through on the 9th

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Canes are lowkey an extremely win-now team. They're going to be terrible in 25-26 and they know it.

This.

If Carolina doesn't win in the next couple of seasons they're gonna be a bottom-feeding team for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

Canucks get Blueger at 1x1.9m

I like that

They don't have a right handed centre yet again but otherwise that's fine and reasonable. I wish allvin knew about guys that aren't former Pens or folks Dave Millstein tells him to sign.