Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Endorph posted:

i wonder how the saudis who funded his purchase of twitter feel about this
They probably wanted Twitter as it was to die off one way or another. I can't imagine they invested and expected to see a return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

i wonder how the saudis who funded his purchase of twitter feel about this

a decent amount of surface political stuff happens on easy places like birdsite. while its nice to have a well oiled honey pot factory, its also a decent win to kill off a digital space.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

a decent amount of surface political stuff happens on easy places like birdsite. while its nice to have a well oiled honey pot factory, its also a decent win to kill off a digital space.

After Elon a lot of that political stuff moved to TikTok.

It really is only the chuds, the kooks, the simps, the scammers, and the olds too lazy to delete their account left.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yacc got Elon to pay that bill though

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

"i love free speech"
(makes it worse than original twitter)
"i'm g enius.":elon::elon::elon:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat Yacc's gonna slam into the glass cliff (or off the glass cliff?) so hard she's going to become particle/nuclear physics.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Strong Sauce posted:

"i love free speech"
(makes it worse than original twitter)
"i'm g enius.":elon::elon::elon:

https://twitter.com/stealthygeek/status/1675218027636293632

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Something went wrong. Try reloading.

Lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Still blows my mind that a dude who purportedly read Iain Banks fucks up this badly on this kind of a trajectory

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

We're sorry, the internet town square is closed, you saw 600 people speak. Come back tomorrow.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Elon murdering his user minutes stat that he loves because he refuses to pay the bill is hilarious. The lovely ads return they get is going to plummit of course. Kill emded tweets next.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

lamentable dustman posted:

Elon murdering his use minutes stat that he loves because he refuses to pay the bill is hilarious. The lovely ads return they get is going to plummit of course. Kill emded tweets next.

Please please please kill the embed so we can be free of the hellsite.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

QuoProQuid posted:

JC, Twitter’s going... The platform’s going black! JC! No more hyperlinks, tweets of any kind. We'll start again, live in forums... If you receive this, if you survive... Then find us. FIND US!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Automata 10 Pack posted:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I think the only reason the embeds haven’t been killed yet is because nobody at twitter knows how to.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I wish he’d keep the rate limit but make the ads for glass crack filler and dragon eye dnd dice exempt.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Wippersnapper posted:

I wish he’d keep the rate limit but make the ads for glass crack filler and dragon eye dnd dice exempt.

You think him or anyone else left there knows how to do that? lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's definitely funny that embeds still work while the website and app don't, since they can't monetize the embeds

looks like the pillagers win again

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Hold up, isn't Tesla's quarterly meeting tomorrow?

I usually assume stupidity rather than malice but the man is absolutely petty enough to try to kill reporting on how much of a failure his other businesses are

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The time of the web forum has been reborn

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
real talk, but a lot of small businesses are gonna be hosed if they use twitter to advertise their stuff on it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

holtemon posted:

Something went wrong. Try reloading.

Lol

I tried reloading but Elon is still there, help

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t even understand what this does for him? What does he gain by doing something so obviously stupid

"I did that on purpose"

- an extreme tech genius and NOT a loser business failson who turned $44billion into ~$15billion because he can't stop micromanaging

I said come in! posted:

Trying to think of some of my favorite Musk embarrassing moments. There are too many. I think so far my absolute favorite for sure is when he went up against Dril and got dunked on really hard.

I wasn't there to see it, but the exact moment when the realization of going out the door because gently caress Around met Find Out :lmao:

Also: the exact moment he signed the drat check. You think he did that tantrum thing where he tried to throw the check angrily, but it just fluttered and went nowhere? :lol:

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I managed to exceed my rate limit, but it just told me to wait a moment and try again, and then I was able to load more tweets.

Edit: lol, nvm, I can't read replies to tweets, but the first tweet loads.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Space Robot posted:

I managed to exceed my rate limit, but it just told me to wait a moment and try again, and then I was able to load more tweets.

Can you still see Tweets on an account page after waiting?

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Willo567 posted:

Can you still see Tweets on an account page after waiting?

Nope, I just checked, my bad.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

by hard line association making twitter the public square (people buy that poo poo for real), Elon Musk is now directly involved in the suppression of free speech. he may be the #1 contributor. what a time to be alive!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's a town square, but global, so you know, nothing like a town or a square

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I wonder how much market cap that 2S3XY4U Tesla business plan I posted ended up being worth

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Katie Notopoulos, great tech journalist, did another Twitter Spaces for people to anguish at the changes. Was mostly people throwing about theories and noting that there were no exceptions carved out for Amber alerts, weather alerts, etc.

But the highlight was one person who said they could defend the decision who after delaying answering why it was a good decision could only cite "technical reasons" and "this will make Elon more money so he can make Twitter better, and then make X.com, and we have to trust him". Really pathetic stuff.

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1675217394124333056

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

lol, lmao

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

If Elon has some kind of 4D chess plan ongoing it’s to make Twitter the analog to braindamaged GenX republicans as Fox News was to Boomers but I don’t see how this move could possibly be a step in the right direction.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Ok, so now I can load first tweets, plus a small amount of reply tweets for some accounts, but not all. I still can't load tweets on a person's profile page, including my own. Lol, this is such a poo poo show.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

someone get Geohot on the horn right now, we're gonna need a whiz kid to fix this mess

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Oh cute! We're just alpha testing the hardest difficulty Twitter mode right now

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Of course that insane rear end in a top hat would like a Diablo style hardcore mode

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh it's BUSTED busted

Watch Elon double down on this, cause he's an Alpha Male

Automata 10 Pack posted:

:emptyquote:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
What if thing was just like a video game? Oh hecking frick I'm so gosh darn clever. What a lovable scamp I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
Clearly he just needs to simplify twitter further. Keep rate limits for non-ad tweets only. That way you can still keep up with all your 8 dollar nintendo switches sourced from this week's dubious app and mortgage offers while avoiding all that pesky content. I'm thinking 2 for 1 quarter pounders. :hehe: