Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

blame yourself or god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

blame yourself or god

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

Hexigrammus posted:

They have a section on remediation, adaptation, and survival. Hopelessly optimistic.
and we have D&D, etc.

any questions?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OIL PANIC posted:

any questions?

i have a few questions

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Where's the "off" switch?

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Hexigrammus posted:

on the biosphere? we are

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Hexigrammus posted:

They're on the pumps by the oil wells.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Complications posted:

They're on the pumps by the oil wells.

Don't you even joke about switching off Number

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

Hexigrammus posted:

You should have what feels like a small bead/ granuloma on your left earlobe*. With finger and thumb, press and hold this for 5 seconds (subjective time), then release for 5 seconds, then hold for 5 more seconds before releasing. This will alert an attendant to pull you up and check on you.
*please ignore this message if you have no granuloma present

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

lol @ doomerism being included in the perma reasoning

we're on thin ice boys!!

The doomerism but not the pedo anime poo poo. :allears:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Venus is outside human extinction, iirc it is theoretically possible but we don't have any actual basis to know if it could happen in reality. Pretty sure we would need to know much more about early Venus to guess. There are theories that Venus was way more like earth early on and went thicc because it was just too much heat & not fast enough sequestration of atmosphere.

Nah I know, it's an r/collapse in-joke about a particularly enthusiastic near-termer. Still want to compare survey results though, I know *my* estimate has leapt closer this past 6 months

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

lol it was the abortion that was the problem for his party

quote:

When the parliament documents re-surfaced, Christian Democrat MP Päivi Räsänen -- who has become a cause celebre for the Evangelical right-wing over her uncompromising stance on abortion and LGBTQ issues -- also criticised Junnila.

"The concept of climate abortion is eco-fascist anyway without the racist connection. And eco-fascism is also an extremist movement," said Räsänen, a former interior minister.

Junnila said he was resigning to spare Finland's reputation, "despite the trust of the party and my parliamentary group."

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

mawarannahr posted:

lol it was the abortion that was the problem for his party

There are times when I regret not knowing much about the Finnish part of my heritage. There are other times though when :yikes:

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

OIL PANIC posted:

forum.arctic-sea-ice.net ? (edit:kudos to TWT)
/r/collapse and /r/biospherecollapse seemed, at one point, to have been okay. i don't actively use them myself. seems like xaris was crossposting a lot of interesting content from there for a while

r/collapse today is full of chuds who think trans rights and wokism will lead to collapse, as well as people who call you an eco fascist for pointing out that overshoot is our main problem, and people still in the early days of collapse awareness trying to bargain their way out of it with hopeful arguments. It’s gone to poo poo as it got more popular during Covid, and it will only get worse as normal people wake up and flock to it during whatever disasters are to come

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Soggy Muffin posted:

r/collapse today is full of chuds who think trans rights and wokism will lead to collapse, as well as people who call you an eco fascist for pointing out that overshoot is our main problem, and people still in the early days of collapse awareness trying to bargain their way out of it with hopeful arguments. It’s gone to poo poo as it got more popular during Covid, and it will only get worse as normal people wake up and flock to it during whatever disasters are to come

yeah was going to say this. it is it's own microcosm of greater social degradation and 'collapse' (i hate that term, it's aids). it's basically a combination of D&D-style bargaining wtih the self and hopium, combination of Tony Tone weirdos saying we need to litter more cigarette butts, and people of varying stages of staunch anti-natalist bargaining, sinophobic rhetoric, and overall myopic views. it can be ok as an rss feed on new research papers or something, but it's really bad for actual discussion these days as it's got too popular with weirdo STHF-ers and other bargaining freaks

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Xaris posted:

STHF-ers

Stacked Tall Hot Fuckers

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
only the somethingawful biosphere collapse thread remains ideologically pure in these troubling times

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If this is the year the poles really gently caress up maybe the age of posting will draw to an end. There's 70m worth of frozen ice and if it all dumps into the sea every coastal city will be obliterated. DC would be destroyed or beachfront. The US would lose several states & the mississippi will be an inland ocean.
Ice sheets take way longer than that to collapse. They’re much slower-responding systems than the ocean or atmosphere. We’re really talking centuries to millennia. Sea level rise will get to be a much bigger deal soon, but it’s not like we’ll be having multiple meters of SLR by 2040 or something.

cat botherer has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Jul 1, 2023

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Sea level rise is probably the least worrying thing for collective humanity. Wide spread famine from a chaotic and unstable climate is probably #1 concern imo, and we could be seeing that relatively soon

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Psh, it's not like global harvests are failing or being wiped out from excessive heat.

Wait, I'm being handed a note..

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
global harvest? i don't buy that brand i should be ok

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Enjoy a bowl of Food-O's by Global Harvest, a subsidiary of Treat Machine Conglomerate

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Hubbert posted:

only the somethingawful biosphere collapse thread remains ideologically pure in these troubling times

In these, the opening days of our extinction, it is indeed a balm to the soul to know that we are at the summit of the doomer internet pyramid.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

In these, the opening days of our extinction, it is indeed a balm to the soul to know that we are at the summit of the doomer internet pyramid.

It's only down from here.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Microplastics posted:

I'm gonna keep it open at least another week. This post can serve as a reminder:

Well it looks like your poll is meaningless, just go directly to the source science magazienes that state

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-023-01157-x?error=cookies_not_supported&code=2eb4cf74-bc0b-40aa-9aff-13a229447b31

Doom-looping in the Anthropocene.

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU

Hubbert posted:

It's only down from here.

Maybe in some ways we deserve it when people go and do this to trees and fresh water resources as a celebration of "freedom" in one of the most pristine landscapes we have on this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7FoZ7HW0EU&t=188s

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Individual humans have the capacity for good, but as a species we are an unmitigated disaster.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Kicked Throat posted:

global harvest? i don't buy that brand i should be ok

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d9D0SjRhRc

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Immediately closed the tab. not worth the time to watch it, can't even imagine wasting the time to create and post it

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

FistEnergy posted:

Immediately closed the tab. not worth the time to watch it, can't even imagine wasting the time to create and post it

Lol

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i actually said something like gently caress you all im never posting in this thread again but no one cares anyway

cya

🤣

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

nice pedo anim av

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

FistEnergy posted:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Message received, the thread can't forgive me for calling out their pedo harbouring

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the thread can’t forgive anyone. what we’ve done to the planet is unforgivable.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Stereotype posted:

the thread can’t forgive anyone. what we’ve done to the planet is unforgivable.

I can take solace in this, it's ok to be rejected by the thread, the planet rejected me long ago too 😭 :negative:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
How about them graphs

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Someone please post the graph where it's the ice.melting but change it so it says janitow Ludwig's value in life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

Message received, the thread can't forgive me for calling out their pedo harbouring

they wanted to let him back here again even after the pedo meltdown, rime is apparently the MJ of climate change