Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I Have No Mouth But I Must Team

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

This arm would not come out of the mold. I don't remember the last time I got that mad at one of these things. I broke off two fingers pulling it out, and just threw that poo poo out of my office.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

that thumb was loving in there. usually that bastard plops right out.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
son of a bitch

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

rear end-penny posted:

sounds like u could use a hand :imunfunny:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

The good news is that when you want to give someone the finger, you can give em two now.

Ass-penny

Randy Travesty posted:

The good news is that when you want to give someone the finger, you can give em two now.

I'm going to have to reattach them tomorrow, then they're due for a dremel manicure

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

I'm going to have to reattach them tomorrow, then they're due for a dremel manicure

Damb. I would like a Dremel manicure, please. I need to get rid of my fingatsprince again.

Escape From Noise

Jesus. This company can't figure out sales at all. They just fixate on getting one hype beer place to buy a keg. They don't seem to understand the need to build a loving foundation to work from. Like having a sales website and/or responding to sales inquiries in a timely fashion.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

hark

I'm sleep

Escape From Noise posted:

Jesus. This company can't figure out sales at all. They just fixate on getting one hype beer place to buy a keg. They don't seem to understand the need to build a loving foundation to work from. Like having a sales website and/or responding to sales inquiries in a timely fashion.

sounds like they don't enjoy being in business for too long

Escape From Noise

hark posted:

sounds like they don't enjoy being in business for too long

They're way more focused on the restaurant side of things.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
About to meet with my bosses to try and convince them that suddenly firing and trying to replace a long-standing employee will do more harm than good.
Wish me luck.

cruft

Hi work thread. I have a new job now, and it still has that new job shine.

It's going pretty well so far, and I feel like even after the new wears off, it's going to continue to go well.

The last job was going well, too, if I'm being honest. This seemed like a good move to make for my career, and like it would remove some of the barriers preventing me from being effective, since what I do is more of a priority for new job than it was for old job.

It sort of sucks having to join a whole new team of co-workers when I'm almost 50 years old, but everybody I worked with at old job had left, so the prospect of fomenting new relationships was looming over my head in either case.

I'm sorry I didn't organize those thoughts better. But the main point is I like my new job, thanks for listening.

Ass-penny

you would do that? just like your job?

cruft

DaChurl posted:

I genuinely never knew there was a term for it.

I got diagnosed in 2nd-3rd grade, back when they were still very insistent that I had ADD, not ADHD, then I just got my Ritalin through my pediatrician and never saw a psychologist again (until I finally went on my own a few years ago.) My mom made a good effort to read a few books and implement some advice, but once I stopped zoning out to the point that I literally didn't hear the teacher asking us to turn in our homework, she considered everything settled, so all my coping mechanisms are stuck in the late 90s.

But like, one of my strongest early memories is having friends over for a birthday party and everyone being excited and running to the door when the last girl got there. And I had this sudden, bone-deep certainty that everyone was happier to see her than me and it was just a fundamental part of my being that people would always prefer to be around someone else.

I've definitely told that story to my therapist and my psychologist but no one's ever linked to my add before.

Boy am I glad I read back a page, because hello, this is me, too. I never realized this feeling was linked to ADD (I was also told I didn't have the H, and I still believe that).

I managed to turn that intense fear of being disliked into a professional strength, though, so I dunno. At some point having a name for a set of personality traits stops feeling helpful, and is more a curiosity. Not to diminish anybody else's struggle here, but for me personally, the ritalin allowed me to understand what "normal" was like, so that when I got off it, I was able to scrap together coping mechanisms that were a close enough approximation that things have been okay. Having lots of support at home and school probably played a big role, too.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I mean, it's a new job. Your friend at work has a new job too and sounds like is experiencing something similar. I'll check back in 5 years from now when it's not a new job anymore and it's just a job. I'm sure I'll have lots of complaints.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
loving gently caress this day and these emails and jesus what the gently caress is even happening AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
today's classic typo: "cunstomers"

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I am at an interview and unfortunately I was fed a potion of have diarrhea beforehand

Escape From Noise

Ominous Jazz posted:

I am at an interview and unfortunately I was fed a potion of have diarrhea beforehand

Baja Blast?

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i wish all INTERVIEW HAVERS

a very NOT HAVE THE SHITS

Scuba Trooper

i have been booked solid with appointments and meetings from 10 to 6, no break, fuckin kill me

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

I mean, it's a new job. Your friend at work has a new job too and sounds like is experiencing something similar. I'll check back in 5 years from now when it's not a new job anymore and it's just a job. I'm sure I'll have lots of complaints.

actually my mate has worked here for two some years. I started in February and it was immediately just a job. I almost quit a few times already lol.

the point is gently caress a dang job

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

rear end-penny posted:

Nobody told me that was even an option :pwn:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

the point is gently caress a dang job

Nobody told me that was even an option :pwn:

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Yeaaaah dude I don't get to bid on a new shift until September! I took this idiot night shift before they put me on cable support and now I've been hooked into TV troubleshooting throughout primetime baby. I want my life back Mark.

I am a patient they.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Morning prep workers DO YOUR OWN DISHES CHALLENGE!!!

Chewbecca

emSparkly posted:

Yeaaaah dude I don't get to bid on a new shift until September! I took this idiot night shift before they put me on cable support and now I've been hooked into TV troubleshooting throughout primetime baby. I want my life back Mark.

What does "bid on a new shift" mean with me etc etc

You aren't paying money to work.....right?

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

u get to choose from a list of several work schedules u prefer. U get to choose ur first, second and third most preferred shifts from the list of options. after a lottery/seniority formula is applied, u may be offered a better scedge.

it's an overly complicated and beaurocratic way for corporations to "please" their slaves

:911:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Chewbecca

Areola Grande posted:

u get to choose from a list of several work schedules u prefer. U get to choose ur first, second and third most preferred shifts from the list of options. after a lottery/seniority formula is applied, u may be offered a better scedge.

it's an overly complicated and beaurocratic way for corporations to "please" their slaves

:911:

Ohhh that makes sense and also severely sucks poo poo lmao

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

pls describe ur recently newfound freedom :allears:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Gaylor Moon posted:

Morning prep workers DO YOUR OWN DISHES CHALLENGE!!!

this is an empty quote

Farecoal

There he go
your words are as empty as your quote!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We have a job opening! Because we fired someone! No one wants to apply? Why??? It can't be because it's working directly for the guy that has complained and gotten the last 4 people fired!

Those folks all filled wrongful term suits and the company settled out of court for an enormous amount of money. So.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

beautiful day in the office... only 92F right now!

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Oh boy my coworkers are talking about :argh: immigrants :argh: and get to find out why my name is so funny and hard to say

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Oh boy for the millionth time in my life I get to here people explain why I'm "one of the good ones". I hate every american I meet, from USA to USZ

Escape From Noise

It's wild how this company keeps repeating the (very bad) strategy of "All we need is one hit beer"/"all we need is to get a popular beer place to buy a keg from us"/"all we need is to get popular on Instagram"/etc., having it never work out because they just sort of expect it to happen without any actual effort, then repeating the cycle.

The restaurant manager was telling me how he'll have more time to do this now. Fuckin' great. Let's just keep not getting anything done while getting in the way of sticking to anything resembling a production schedule. Now he keeps bringing up me "helping" him clean the filthy cold room. So sick of wiping his rear end.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Man, I thought the management at the brewpub I worked at was bad. At least your place wants good beer, though. Mine had glycol cooled beer lines that hadn't been properly cleaned in years and years when I got in there (cold caustic, no recirc pump just running chemical through from corny kegs, etc.). By that time, they needed replacement even if they'd been maintained correctly. Unfortunately, these lines were run under the floor and up through brick pillars to three cobraheads around the bar, so replacement would have cost about 15k, which they would not do. So no matter what I did, we had funky off flavors from the taps unless it got real busy and a lot of beer was flowing. On top of that, they wouldn't even let me buy new pressure gauges for the fermenters or bright tanks, so carbonation took a lot of careful guesswork, and if I got it wrong I had to force carbonate or try to de-carbonate 15 to 30 bbls of beer before serving...

Then one day the owners asked me to pull 50 lbs of pale malt from every recipe for the same volume of beer, and said I couldn't make a new batch of barleywine. "We don't want to use up that much in ingredients for 5 bbls of beer," they said. I showed them the profit margin on that beer, and explained that we had people driving sometimes up to 2 hours to come get growlers of it, but they wouldn't budge. Sure enough, they ended up closing their doors within a few months due to having the rent on the space doubled (a whole other long story), and only let employees know a week prior.

I could go on and on about all the dumb stuff they did. Hopefully in your place you have creative control over recipes and get to use high quality ingredients at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Yeah. It could absolutely be worse. They give me a lot of free reign. Sometimes I have to make things they want, but it's not my place so I don't mind so long as I get to make the recipe and take care of everything in the brewery. It's just sort of frustrating to see them poop out just short of the finish line like every time.