Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

I like how this author manages to be original seemingly effortless. For me he's anti-Danziger, who puts his characters into odd stances and unnatural perspectives in a desperate attempt to be different.

I'm also getting Ted Rall but good vibes honestly. This guy seems to know his stuff, but does some weird, seemingly wrong, stuff, but unlike Rall, it actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's the difference between drawing a perspective wrong, and like... Cubism. Understanding the rules to break them, as opposed to just putting a floating sofa in the middle of the room that bends against the wall and blocks the door.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nenonen posted:

I'm getting strong Powerup Comics vibes from this

As far as I'm concerned, all executions are gay.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

*sighs and posts the obligatory*

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Murdstone posted:

Is Ed Gamble 100 years old or what?

80 this year, in fact.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

hey what kind of books is it that are being banned in the us at the moment

WHAT KINDS OF BOOKS, STANTIS

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Uh-oh. Playing with fire on this one.

Ann Telnaes - "America in Line"

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

David Horsey

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I really hate seeing Hitch cartoons

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Agh! God drat it! I know what it is! I know what this writing is reminding me of!

This is old style Mallard Fillmore!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Jesus Christ the affirmative action cartoons are exactly as bad as I was expecting. A ton of old white conservatives drawing black people smugly proud of the ruling. "Thank god we're finally treated fairly!" as admissions drop.

Hihohe posted:

This isn't even one of those situations where the slightest inference has to be made, either. MLK was in favor of affirmative action.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fuckin thought this was a Horsey cartoon.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

idonotlikepeas posted:

So, not only are you only supposed to look at nature, you're only supposed to look at nature that's close to where you already live. It's good that we have Leunig to tell us how everything people like and want to do is bad.

That’s not what it’s saying, it’s saying that we are dying meat and will be “nowhere at all” before we know it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hihohe posted:

Honestly, I'm kinda impressed that any conservative cartoonists remembered that MLK Jr. exists outside of the month of February.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Artificial Kid posted:

That’s not what it’s saying, it’s saying that we are dying meat and will be “nowhere at all” before we know it.

What a loving original insight. Thanks, Leuning!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The Artificial Kid posted:

It is saying that, yes, but it's also saying that as a result, going around and doing all this fun stuff is therefore pointless, as if that couldn't be applied to literally all human activity. The only things Leunig represents in a positive way are quiet contemplation of the natural world and insipid navel-gazing.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

MAP

What a loving hack.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
:stonklol: Sinfest Sunday :stonklol: In which we're once again asked to pretend that the police isn't just on the side of the LGBTQ+ community, but actively working with them to oppress honest hard working straight people. From there it's a bunch of right wing bullshit - all teachers are paedophiles, Biden only 'loves' his son for the money, plus a bunch of 4chan bullshit about Pride. He finishes it off by doing a victory lap on the recent SCOTUS decision. Still no word on last year's Dobbs decision from America's #1 Male Feminist Ally.

At least there's some Pettyfest:

Spoiler for censored slur:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That last one really sums up the whole modern Sinfest experience.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is a masterpiece of postmodernism, as the detective is drawn by the artist as understanding who actually did do that, i.e. the artist.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm so tired.

Also christ these people are so obsessed with top surgery scars.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I can think of one way to reduce the number of top surgeries.

Puberty blockers

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RoboRodent posted:

I'm so tired.

Look, you can't just go getting these surgeries that go against the natural order
*ignores pretty much the entirety of medical advancement*

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

He did the same pose and everything.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Kellies nomination: Most incomprehensible

Who's insisting that there should only be one political party? What is this trying to address?

Maybe I'm just angry in someone wrapping up their point of view in "the Founding Fathers obviously agreed with me, which makes me morally superior" when I can't even understand what their point of view is. Given that it's Gamble, I'm sure it's something about Biden outlawing the GOP or some other stupid idea, but whatever.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Guavanaut posted:

This is a masterpiece of postmodernism, as the detective is drawn by the artist as understanding who actually did do that, i.e. the artist.

Yup. Other than Tats being Japanese, every word of this is spot on.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Look at this loving mess. Look at that god drat coin.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

RoboRodent posted:

I'm so tired.

There's something incredibly visceral that's awoken in some people about someone opting to remove their tits. Like, even Evangelicals using an otherwise-completely-Bible-based argument against gender diversity will have an aside to mourn the chopping off of the healthy breasts of Our Beautiful Daughters.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Cis boys with hormone imbalances get their tits chopped off all the time, but nobody mourns them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/SmoothDunk/status/1675503626964410368?t=ukT1pXV44kxitMQTuCbE4Q&s=19

A little something to take our minds off of Ishida's weird hangups

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I dont know posted:

Being white ironically is the one thing whatsherface does cover lol.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Holy poo poo, this loving guy. gently caress you Payne.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I dont know posted:

There is the theory (forget where it comes from, sorry) that whiteness is conferred upon a group when it's willing to enforce the status quo's oppression on other minorities. So Irish- and Italian-descended people began to be considered white when they joined the police force in large numbers, primarily to be employed against Chinese laborers.

By that metric, Ishida's doing his damnedest to get white and cause as much suffering as possible in the process.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

the_steve posted:

Look, you can't just go getting these surgeries that go against the natural order
*ignores pretty much the entirety of medical advancement*

Anyone who argues that we should follow the natural order should probably give up electricity, grains, houses and whatever else humans as a species has invented to not have to deal with nature's bullshit. We don't even have to go to smallpox and hormonal birth control, basically anything besides picking berries in nature is against the natural order.
Also God gave humans mastery over the earth in genesis, so there's that if you want to make a religious argument.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Picking berries? We should be absorbing all our nutrients through osmosis. Reject modernity, retvrn to amoeba.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BonHair posted:

Anyone who argues that we should follow the natural order should probably give up electricity, grains, houses and whatever else humans as a species has invented to not have to deal with nature's bullshit. We don't even have to go to smallpox and hormonal birth control, basically anything besides picking berries in nature is against the natural order.
Also God gave humans mastery over the earth in genesis, so there's that if you want to make a religious argument.

The fuckwits that dominate my workforce aren't smart enough to go beyond The One Joke about identifying as an attack helicopter.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fister Roboto posted:

Picking berries? We should be absorbing all our nutrients through osmosis. Reject modernity, retvrn to amoeba.

with how im blobbing out, way ahead of you

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted
Kellies nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell

Fishman clearly has a template for these where he just has to type in a few words of text.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

the_steve posted:

The fuckwits that dominate my workforce aren't smart enough to go beyond The One Joke about identifying as an attack helicopter.

Treat them as attack helicopters then. And by that I mean obviously kick them, try to climb inside and ignore any noise they make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009