Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

At every possible turn, Elon isn't just making the worse of two or more choices - he's running headfirst into a wall directly opposite from all the choices

watched episode 1 of the Fargo reboot and is using that as a business strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1675274848283820032

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Lol so what now we get one little Twitter session per day and that’s it until tomorrow? Good luck with that - Twitter is predicated on keeping eyeballs glued to your app with a bottomless keg of content. Elon is the stupidest motherfucker.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

madmatt112 posted:

Twitter is predicated on keeping eyeballs glued to your app with a bottomless keg of content.

was predicated.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It rules that Linda y gets a nice fat paycheck to join as ceo a company that immediately fails and they can't even blame her for it

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It rules that Linda y gets a nice fat paycheck to join as ceo a company that immediately fails and they can't even blame her for it

Who? Isn’t Elon the CEO and chairman of the board?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

madmatt112 posted:

Who? Isn’t Elon the CEO and chairman of the board?

Linda Yaccarino is CEO of Twitter

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

kazil posted:

Linda Yaccarino is CEO of Twitter

That must be the easiest job ever these days, wow.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

madmatt112 posted:

That must be the easiest job ever these days, wow.

Her no compete clause means she can't work with advertisers. So it's even easier than that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i still haven't caught up but they brought her in for her ad and marketing expertise in nbc, but her nbc contract has a non compete clause that specifically states she can't use her ad and marketing expertise in another company after leaving nbc . my understanding is that noncompetes in that state are non-actionable but still lol

efb

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Reading tweets like it's the nineteen-56kbauds all over again

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i still haven't caught up but they brought her in for her ad and marketing expertise in nbc, but her nbc contract has a non compete clause that specifically states she can't use her ad and marketing expertise in another company after leaving nbc . my understanding is that noncompetes in that state are non-actionable but still lol

efb

she was surface-level hired to perform a specific job because of her work experience doing the exact same job for an international media company and at no point throughout the hiring process did anybody stop to ask "hey is there anything we should know about that could impact your day-to-day"

because her actual job is to be the fall-guy for Twitter but it's hard to do that when the job description is "you must step on rakes before elon can step on any rakes" while he's doing kickflips in the garden section of home depot

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Just for clarification:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Like King Charles.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Twitter IKs

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Wound up reading through Twitter's Wikipedia page and something caught my eye.

quote:

In June 2023, Twitter began treating cisgender and cis as slurs on its platform.[147]

Amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Elon isn’t even smart enough to make his own tweets exempt from being blocked when I’m rate limited.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Finally, Twitter is funny.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

greazeball posted:

Lmao this will definitely help ad revenue

People were seeing how far the non-paid scrolling will get you and it’s about 2 & 1/2 minutes. This will absolutely kill the site if they keep it in place.

Bear in mind that scrolling past something on your timeline counts as a “view” so yeah…

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Dana White is continuing to say publicly the Zuckerberg/Elon fight is going to happen. I really hope it does because not only would it be one of the absolute dumbest spectacles in the history of humanity, but Zuckerberg has been seriously training jiu-jitsu for a couple of years now and Elon is a pudgy 50 something on record that he doesn't exercise. Elon getting his rear end kicked by Zuckerberg of all people in front of the entire world would completely shatter his ego in a way that all the internet hate never can. The man would become the personification of that Dril tweet about not being owned.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
It would make for an incredible framing device for The Social Network 2.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

thedangergroove posted:

It would make for an incredible framing device for The Social Network 2.

I hadn't even considered how perfect all of this would be for a sequel to the Social Network. That would be amazing.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

D-Pad posted:

Dana White is continuing to say publicly the Zuckerberg/Elon fight is going to happen. I really hope it does because not only would it be one of the absolute dumbest spectacles in the history of humanity, but Zuckerberg has been seriously training jiu-jitsu for a couple of years now and Elon is a pudgy 50 something on record that he doesn't exercise. Elon getting his rear end kicked by Zuckerberg of all people in front of the entire world would completely shatter his ego in a way that all the internet hate never can. The man would become the personification of that Dril tweet about not being owned.

Musk is a great example to use to explain how performance enhancing drugs work. Most of them let your body recover from exercise faster and if you don't exercise they won't do jack poo poo to help you. Musk and Bezos are probably on a similar stack of drugs and it's pretty apparent which one is a lazy sack of poo poo if you look at their yachting pictures.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

D-Pad posted:

Well yeah Dana would say that because if it were to happen, it would make him the insanely rich. He absolutely wants it to happen, no doubt.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

It’s like the only time I would ever root for Zuck for anything.

Although, ideally, the fight would take place in an OceanGate sub.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

efb

Non compete clauses are unenforceable in California where Twitter is headquartered, but NBCUniversal is headquartered in New York, where I believe they are and I have no idea if that means they could sue her in NY court or not.

Non competes are dumb anyways, Google, Facebook, Apple are all in California and it's not like any of them have been seriously damaged by one of the others snatching their smartest people. They mostly seem useful for trapping poor people in lovely jobs. I read about fast food restaurants using them, so if you work at McDonalds and hate your boss and your friend who works at Taco Bell tells you "Hey, our boss is awesome and the schedules are really consistent" you could get sued for quitting and working there.

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

He was literally bragging about user seconds used like yesterday

Oh word?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Awesomesaurus posted:

It’s like the only time I would ever root for Zuck for anything.

Although, ideally, the fight would take place in an OceanGate sub.

I'm now picturing a fighting game entirely about rich idiots that everyone hates.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

D-Pad posted:

Also on a recent youtube short that came across my feed, two youtubers were talking about how they thought that had sustained minor brain damage from the boxing matches they were in in creator's clash, and frankly I'm all for billionaires getting CTE for our amusement.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Talorat posted:

Also on a recent youtube short that came across my feed, two youtubers were talking about how they thought that had sustained minor brain damage from the boxing matches they were in in creator's clash, and frankly I'm all for billionaires getting CTE for our amusement.

How would you even tell? :dadjoke:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I'm now picturing a fighting game entirely about rich idiots that everyone hates.

Already exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CkBrQfKMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ6yyG_Fps

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Non compete clauses are unenforceable in California where Twitter is headquartered, but NBCUniversal is headquartered in New York, where I believe they are and I have no idea if that means they could sue her in NY court or not.

Non-competes are about to be banned in NY too, the bill just passed the state legislature and just needs Hochul's signature + 30 days.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
rate limit exceeded

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

D-Pad posted:

oh please please god let this happen

And then when zuck wins, have the entire stadium fall into a sinkhole and get swept away by an underground river

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Invictus posted:

oh please please god let this happen

And then when zuck wins, have the entire stadium fall into a sinkhole and get swept away by an underground river

"My... only regret... is... losing catturd"

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Edit: wrong thread. Confused by new app layout. I’m having a senior moment

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So instead of saying "we're having some technical difficulties" like every other company in the world would do, Elon pretended it was on purpose which made everyone think that the problem was just his moronic mismanagement. I mean implementing this stuff in the first place is obviously his moronic mismanagement but he compounded it ten times and is now trying to post through it.

I guess he didn't want to be owned for having a website fuckup so now he's pretending that he, on purpose and as a policy decision, is curtailing post views, when the only thing his website has to offer advertisers is post views. It'd be like if they only let an individual viewer watch 15 minutes of the super bowl and trying to sell ads for it.

incidentally, I'm using tweetdeck and I haven't seen a single rate limit notice and I have definitely looked at more than 600 posts.

zoux has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Jul 2, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The classic narcissist "I can never be wrong; I can only be wronged and/or it's someone else's fault" defense is never not hilarious

I mean from the outside; if you're part of it it's awful :smith:

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Friend posted:

I think if the video is in a quote tweet, then it will kick you to twitter, I haven't seen it happen in a regular tweet though. I've been having an issue where a video might play maybe 12 seconds, but then it just stops. Doesn't matter if it is embedded or I load it in twitter.

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1674802381362429957

This isn't true, right? I thought your debt is transferred to your closet living relative. I'd be very happy if it didn't, because I don't pay my hospital bills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

caspergers posted:

This isn't true, right? I thought your debt is transferred to your closet living relative. I'd be very happy if it didn't, because I don't pay my hospital bills

Sounds like student loan debt is cancelled upon death, not all loans.