Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

obi_ant posted:

Is there a way to see how many hours you played in the game? Like /time in wow?

not in the game or in battlenet launcher but if you log into your account on the blizzard website it has it somewhere iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Can you guys log in rn?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

not in the game or in battlenet launcher but if you log into your account on the blizzard website it has it somewhere iirc

I was curious and went to check this and can't find it so I might be wrong on this one

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This lag loving sucks donkey dick.

Every 4-5 second there's a 1-2 second pause when peak hours in PST hit. I just finished ACT and its was about anti-climactic as you could get with it playing like It was Dark Age of Camelot in loving 2001.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Looking up your account on https://d4armory.io lets you view the time played on each of your characters (and a bunch of other stuff besides).

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Whoever mentioned that you can skip some non-elites in “kill all enemies” dungeons and they will teleport to you at the end, thank you. Huge quality of life improvement.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I've done the most shameful thing and as a Necro, ditched my corpse explosion skill.
Worst part is I don't even really miss it. I'm too busy throwin' bones to worry about the dead.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

MMAgCh posted:

Looking up your account on https://d4armory.io lets you view the time played on each of your characters (and a bunch of other stuff besides).

code:
Play Time : 2 days 5 hours 24 minutes
Well thats more hours than I've put into a game since 2015.

Edit: 56 necro

Walked fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 2, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Martian Manfucker posted:

Lightning dome, cold enchanted, suppressor, and death pulse are all instant bricks for me. Stormbane's can be a little rough depending on the dungeon so I'll brick that if it's on abandoned mineworks or any other map with spiders since I'm a class without perma-unstoppable. Otherwise it's fine, along with drifting shade. Black Asylum is the only dungeon I won't do, it's just too scary.

Those first four are just so oppressive when they're on a key that it makes it supremely unfun and extremely RIP-y. Not to mention how buggy lightning dome is, just can't take the risk.

I'm getting into 40+ Tier Niightmares and Blood Blister felt extremely tedious in a dungeon that had Fly Zombies. I imagine it would be awful against Spider Zombies too since there's so many little mobs to spawn the blisters. Someone in my group fired up a Blind Burrows sigil with Backstabbers and I had to chug pots like crazy on my barb because my health orb was constantly green.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

euphronius posted:

90 hours to level 63

Man they need to speed this poo poo up for seasons

I'm at 83 hors for level 64. Man that is longer playtime than I thought.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

4 days to 88 lol I am a loser

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This lag loving sucks donkey dick.

Every 4-5 second there's a 1-2 second pause when peak hours in PST hit. I just finished ACT and its was about anti-climactic as you could get with it playing like It was Dark Age of Camelot in loving 2001.
Ahah I thought the same, the way you could anticipate running into a buttload of enemies around the corner was anticipated by a massive swap-fest. It's the same here, except the buttload of other players you are running into is, like, 4.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Diephoon posted:

I'm getting into 40+ Tier Niightmares and Blood Blister felt extremely tedious in a dungeon that had Fly Zombies. I imagine it would be awful against Spider Zombies too since there's so many little mobs to spawn the blisters. Someone in my group fired up a Blind Burrows sigil with Backstabbers and I had to chug pots like crazy on my barb because my health orb was constantly green.

Blood blisters is mostly fine for me. Either it dies in the screen clearing cacophony going on or I'm already 4 screens away by the time it goes off and it does nothing.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Any recs for a barb build to start getting into nightmare? Doing whirlwind and the damage just isn't there, probably need better gear, but would rend or something be better to work on that?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You guys weren't kidding about money being the most sought-after resource. Why is there no sell all button?

Rakeris posted:

Any recs for a barb build to start getting into nightmare? Doing whirlwind and the damage just isn't there, probably need better gear, but would rend or something be better to work on that?

A few pages back people were helping me with the same situation with NM20+ with WW build. I swapped some aspects around, and gained a few levels and now I'm a bit better. Levels really do make the most difference if you're not running top tier gear or making dumb mistakes like I do. NM dungeons aren't scaling to your level, they have a set level. This game is weird.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 2, 2023

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Oh cool, I'll check that out, thanks! Yeah only 51 so that may be a good part of it.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
The thumb rule I've been going off of has been "Your level minus 50" for my tiers. It gives you monsters that are consistently +4 to your level, which makes sure you get that sweet sweet +25% XP bonus for monsters that are ≥3 levels higher than you.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Philthy posted:

You guys weren't kidding about money being the most sought-after resource. Why is there no sell all button?

If you sell one item marked as junk, it'll sell everything you've marked as junk, even across inventory tabs (so be careful if you're marking sigils as junk to scrap them at the Enchanter. It'll sell those too).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I haven't tried resource burn yet. I've been avoiding that like the plague because it sounds awful. I've also immediately sharded anything that has critical resist.

Other than those two the only modifier I'm truly afraid of is cold enchanted. It's seriously the only time I've died in the last two weeks on my druid. Everytime it comes up I'm like "I'll be more careful this time" and every time I die at least once. If I get caught out of grizzly rage, and both my other unstoppables are already popped it's almost a guaranteed death.

The ones with hazards like lightning or blood blister I just find more annoying. But they're all very doable.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Resource burn and cold enchanted are Auto salvage. Death wave or w/e is okay until you start climbing NMs and get to the point where you really just don’t want anything touching you. Blood blisters is annoying but fine so long as it isn’t a dungeon with a ton of small spiders or encounters that can make you forget to keep an eye out

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

I haven't tried resource burn yet. I've been avoiding that like the plague because it sounds awful. I've also immediately sharded anything that has critical resist.

Other than those two the only modifier I'm truly afraid of is cold enchanted. It's seriously the only time I've died in the last two weeks on my druid. Everytime it comes up I'm like "I'll be more careful this time" and every time I die at least once. If I get caught out of grizzly rage, and both my other unstoppables are already popped it's almost a guaranteed death.

The ones with hazards like lightning or blood blister I just find more annoying. But they're all very doable.

It's awful, esp. as pulverize druid. I struggled through one many levels ago, only to have the dungeon bug out and not spawn the last objective to unlock the boss door.

I'm running 45-50 tier at level 89 and I can't even notice most of the other affixes yet.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

@Ehud

please put this in the OP tia

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ionicpsycho posted:

The thumb rule I've been going off of has been "Your level minus 50" for my tiers. It gives you monsters that are consistently +4 to your level, which makes sure you get that sweet sweet +25% XP bonus for monsters that are ≥3 levels higher than you.

I did my first NMD at lvl 58 and I'm a dumbass. I saw the level indicator next to the minimap kept saying lvl 58 so I kept going "huh guess I need to use a higher sigil" and upping it until I was struggling on level 18 NMD. Finally actually hovered over an enemy and saw that the dungeon area doesn't scale but the enemies do :ms:

Dangerous mistake to make in hardcore

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
how many levels above your own is it before monsters just start ignoring armor and one-shot you

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Right now for me it’s 10 levels (I am 62, am one shot in tier 19/20) but I am under-geared so ymmv

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

OctaMurk posted:

When they got mecha skins and crazy poo poo like LoL ill be willing to fork over :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Blizzard said they wouldn't be doing things like Santa skins at christmas or changing your horse to a unicorn with rainbows coming out of its butt and I was like...uh why not?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I want a skin for my bear shape shift that puts it in a tuxedo and top hat.

Do it blizzard you cowards

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Verviticus posted:

how many levels above your own is it before monsters just start ignoring armor and one-shot you

Idk the exact numbers but you lose a lot of damage resist even at like 4 or 5 levels above you. It’s why everyone was crying about resists being funny rn because you can really just stack armor or resists to tank through NM like you could in say d3 grifts. Pushing NMs rn means you gotta be unstoppable/barrier’d as much as possible and/or just deleting things as fast as possible before they even come close to touching you.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Dysgenesis posted:

Blizzard said they wouldn't be doing things like Santa skins at christmas or changing your horse to a unicorn with rainbows coming out of its butt and I was like...uh why not?

For the same reason they backpedaled on D3’s visual design. Some players can’t let go of the past and demand strict adherence to a certain aesthetic.

I say give it a year or two and when the public eye isn’t fixed on the game some of this will def make it in.

e: To be clear I like D3 and D4’s looks for different reasons.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Verviticus posted:

At 70 I was pretty consistently clearing level 100 mobs. I would get one shot by ground effects but not by other stuff

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
My controversial opinion is that D4 could use a bit more contrast between environment and interactable in Scosglen and Hawezar because god drat that quest on the coast to find the clump of hairs lmao

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is anyone else getting rubberbanding issues? Is there a known way to solve them? When it's bad, it's really bad.

I’ve been getting them horribly for the past week or so. I died to Lilith’s falling ground numerous times because of them. Annoying. They seem to be way worse in dungeons too.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Time posted:

At 70 I was pretty consistently clearing level 100 mobs. I would get one shot by ground effects but not by other stuff

if you were playing HC with the same character, where would you draw the line

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Popoto posted:

My controversial opinion is that D4 could use a bit more contrast between environment and interactable in Scosglen and Hawezar because god drat that quest on the coast to find the clump of hairs lmao

The worst quest.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I miss the purple goth cathedral/crypts of d3. They absolutely did not have the course correct this hard with the color palette. Helltides are dope though, especially in zones with a lot of water.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
My internet just dropped for 2 minutes and I lost my level 84 hardcore rogue. Think I’m done till season 1 starts.

Verviticus posted:

if you were playing HC with the same character, where would you draw the line

In hardcore for leveling up the xp gain for going past 3 levels above your character level is almost certainly not worth the reduced clear speed even ignoring the increased risk of death. If you’re actually at 100 and trying to push that’s a good time to deploy the death evasion elixir.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
As a summoning Necro, I get that the Bone Golem provides an advantage of shedding corpses for summoning in case if you run out, but how does an Iron Golem work for one you think?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This game is less colourful than d2, if anything the purists should be asking for lusher jungle and yellower deserts and brighter snowcapped mountains. The day/night thing doesn't help, half the time they take the edge off the bits of colour they do have as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berbil Snatch
Nov 14, 2006

Gatts posted:

As a summoning Necro, I get that the Bone Golem provides an advantage of shedding corpses for summoning in case if you run out, but how does an Iron Golem work for one you think?

While levelling I ran with Iron Golem as soon as I could because I liked the slam making enemies vulnerable. Ultimately whatever your play style is you should do it.