Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Wamsutta posted:

i am not going to edit this post and my shame shall live for all time. i was in a dark place. i deserved the probe. i smoked weed with my wife and then we watched a movie with our dog. it was nice

what movie did you watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I just gave a bluesky invite to a friend and he got a message saying new accounts are suspended at the moment

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what movie did you watch

The one the dog was in, duh.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Oglethorpe posted:

lol 15 hours at ~4500 people/hour

lmao at how it does not seem to have significantly effected the quantity of posts per hour at all

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

I just gave a bluesky invite to a friend and he got a message saying new accounts are suspended at the moment

wow way to prioritize your real friends over your forum friends

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

they paused them a few hours ago

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ mad

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ELTON JOHN posted:

wow way to prioritize your real friends over your forum friends

I have no forum friends :(

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Elias_Maluco posted:

I will be fren.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what movie did you watch

the social network

(lol no we watched office space)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Elias_Maluco posted:

Hello friend. In return for this I require you to attack my posting enemies thanks

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

working hard!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

elon thinks he's doing great that's the best part of all this. he sincerely thinks he's kicking rear end at running twitter

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Wamsutta posted:

elon thinks he's doing great that's the best part of all this. he sincerely thinks he's kicking rear end at running twitter

He is though, but I'm grading him on the curve of How Quickly One Can Terminate Twitter. I'd give him an A-.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Wamsutta posted:

I think he is over that now and full "gently caress it all, Im rich and this is my website and I will ran it to the ground because you all hate me"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elon Musk wins again

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

He should buy Reddit and hang out with Spez for social cachet.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'd have been more skeeved out but less annoyed if he'd bought reddit and re-opened all of the jailbait subs that we got closed back in the day.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Giving out gmail invites since they barred the blue sky doors. Anyone want to do one of those big mailing list things where you reply all everyone with >>>>’s

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

He is though, but I'm grading him on the curve of How Quickly One Can Terminate Twitter. I'd give him an A-.

A+ would have been to personally throw the breakers at the server farm to "Off" then selling all the hardware for scrap

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Twitter still exists. Always on the verge of death but never dying. Truly the Charles II Habsburg of websites

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
anyone have a birthday party invite?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Twitter still exists. Always on the verge of death but never dying. Truly the Charles II Habsburg of websites

Jimmy Carter was right there

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Wamsutta posted:

the social network

epic printer scene

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

bluesky is blowing it so hard rn, lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wamsutta posted:

bluesky is blowing it so hard rn, lol

everyone is. the fact no one has scrambled to get a competitor out the door yet and open it for everyone to grab the twitter exodus is wild.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i think everyone knows theres not a way to do a twitter that can make the kind of growth VCs expect

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'll take a bluesky invite if anyone still has one

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

everyone is. the fact no one has scrambled to get a competitor out the door yet and open it for everyone to grab the twitter exodus is wild.

truth social mother fucker

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

isn't instagram doing one?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what movie did you watch

The social network

e:

Wamsutta posted:

the social network

be honest.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

they probably expected there'd be a slow and continuous exodus from twitter as it gets worse, not a sudden burst of fleeing users like explosive diarrhea after eating chef musk's lukewarm epic bazinga bacon monkey cheese burrito

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

quit asking for bluesky invites and :justpost: let’s throw off the chains of tweet embeds and get some real posting going

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Wamsutta posted:

He got like 400k likes on his touch grass post, so he thinks he's killing it right now

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

loquacius posted:

gently caress it, if people are handing those things out I'll take one too

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

invites are useless you can’t even sign up right now

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'd ask for a Bluesky invite but I'd just get banned for telling Transphobes that I want to shred them with a cheese grater.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the message here is that instead of going to another social network, we should just stop using those

and post

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

the milk machine posted:

i think everyone knows theres not a way to do a twitter that can make the kind of growth VCs expect

Social Media has some real issues making any money despite reselling your info and spamming you with ads. It's just a very inefficient method of communication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I used Twitter as a fandom space to follow fan artists from all over the world and memes for games and anime series I like

Rate limit exceeded my last straw but I doubt Bluesky will scratch that same itch since it’s been invite only, and from what I understand Mastadon can be divided into separate spaces so I can’t get it all in one place

this sucks :smith:

No, you can follow anyone on any mastodon from any other mastodon, with the narrow exception that owners can block other instances they don't like.