Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mega64 posted:

As far as most playable, Drakengard 2 is right there.

They never made that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mega64 posted:

As far as most playable, Drakengard 2 is right there.

Only someone who hasn't actually played Drakengard 2 could say that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You speak as if I would ever play any Drakengard game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I would love to play draken 3, alas, i only have a switch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Which supposedly can run nier automata but it seems dubious

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not a technically impressive game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nier automata runs great on switch

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's 30 fps but it's rock solid.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Consider it done! I am going to play the PS4 version. When I originally played through FFVII, I missed a ton of side stuff and kinda just did what was necessary to finish the game. So this time I want to complete everything.

The one really bad thing about that version is the bug where the music stops playing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Only someone who hasn't actually played Drakengard 2 could say that

the flying missions in Drakengard 1+2 were legit fun and my biggest disappointment with 3 was that the flying levels were a huge downgrade

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

nier automata runs great on switch

For real? Sick

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Augus posted:

the flying missions in Drakengard 1+2 were legit fun and my biggest disappointment with 3 was that the flying levels were a huge downgrade

You get Mikhail singing in 3, so massive upgrade.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished FF16, that was one of the Final Fantasies of all time.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are any of these good lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lightning Returns.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

frajaq posted:

they all are

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

frajaq posted:

13 and 12

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

some of you are lying to me...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
13-2 has crazy chocobo, it cant be a bad game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

None of them. Maybe 13-3.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

All of them are good but my controller didn't work with Lightning Returns which really dragged it down

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

Just FFXII is any good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I didn't play LR but my personal rating is XII > XIII >>> XIII-2.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

XII rules IMO, it was my favourite single player FF before XVI (jury's still up if XVI will beat it tbh but it's fresher on my mind).

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

frajaq posted:

FF12 if you like slow chill exploration and Alexander O. Smith, FF13 and its sequels if you like wild bullshit and flashing lights(non-derogatory). I will warn you, the original 13 dripfeeds game mechanics. It takes a while to get started and even longer to let you play with everything it has to offer. In comparison, FF12 TZA lets you fully set your party members' AI (the game's main gimmick) pretty much as soon as you're introduced to the mechanic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They've all got their own charms, even XIII-2. I'd say OG XIII is probably the worst of those to play start-to-finish because it takes forever to give you your kit, but it's not terrible.

Humanity has still yet to invent a better podcast game than FFXII. I have a lot of fondness for that game, personally.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
FFXIII is real rough to get through. It has the most boring story on account of the plot being driven by Kingdom Hearts style alphabet soup of arbitrary nonsense. Combat is cool after the first 30 hours though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Combat in 13 kicks rear end and gets better as it goes.

The story sucks real bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

frajaq posted:

All of them except FF12

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
FF13 kind of feels like a prologue that the devs just forgot to end. Your better off just skipping to 13-2 and 13-3 which at least have their own stuff going for them

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I bought 13 on the Steam Sale after seeing people try to go "it's not that bad!" and "it'd be better received today!" I haven't played it since it came out 15 years ago, so why not.

Nope, this game still sucks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
13 and 16 make for an interesting compare/contrast because both of them stripped away most of the genre's trappings but the former did it out of desperate necessity and the latter by design

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

frajaq posted:

I said come in! posted:

Just FFXII is any good.

Sakurazuka posted:

All of them except FF12

:hai:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I recently began playing all of the numbered FF's in order and I've been enjoying each one more than the last, im on V now. Looking forward to XIII

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It is mind-boggling to me that people don’t like FFXII.

I mean I could see maybe thinking it’s not FF enough but even if you took Final Fantasy off the title it’s easily one of the best PS2 RPGs by a country mile.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

VanillaGorilla posted:

I mean I could see maybe thinking it’s not FF enough but even if you took Final Fantasy off the title it’s easily one of the best PS2 RPGs by a country mile.

It has a terrible combat system and it took like 4 re-releases to make halfway decent. If you can look past that stuff it's alright but it's no surprise it's a very divisive game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

programming characters to run on autobattle and then holding a button to speed up combat to x16 is not my idea of a fun game lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

It is a game with such a bad leveling system they had to redesign it twice, and even after that you have no interesting skills or abilities and an in game system built around automating gameplay entirely.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I fell down such an obsessive hole with FFXII I may or may not have snuck a PS2 into a government facility it should not have been in just so I could keep playing it on overnights.

I guess I’m the weird one then! It’s up there with FFVI for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I like ff12. Good soundtrack, characters are alright, had better voice work than anything else at the time. Has one of the better cids. Lots to like about ff12