Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

clicking sticks is the worst keybind on a controller. i hate when games make me constantly click them to sprint or whatever.

i tried a demo the other day where click stick to sprint wasnt even a toggle, you had to hold the stick in the whole time you wanted to sprint. instant nope

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the first thing I do in games that use r3/l3 is map them to the back buttons on the steam deck. man those things are nice

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

exquisite tea posted:

About 40 hours including all the little sidequests and minigames.

Commander Keene posted:

I think about 40-50 hours in my case. I didn't go for 100% though.

Cool cool, thanks. That’s about what I wanted to hear.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Clicking in one of the sticks. L3 or R3.

Hmm that means I can't run but gently caress it, I run way less than I use things. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Omi no Kami posted:

Hmm that means I can't run but gently caress it, I run way less than I use things. Thanks for the suggestion!

:rip: your wrist/thumb

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the first thing I do in games that use r3/l3 is map them to the back buttons on the steam deck. man those things are nice

Hell yes.

Stick clicking is a curse.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Awesome! posted:

clicking sticks is the worst keybind on a controller.
I'm OK with using L3 for crouch toggle and that frees up a face button (I almost always map all four face buttons to the back buttons). But yeah putting sprint on L3 is bad especially if it's toggle sprint but also stamina consuming or something.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I did something that's unusual for me, I bought a Steam game AND i started playing it right away and have kept at it, Weird West https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097350/Weird_West_Definitive_Edition/

Some game description words: top down twin stick shooter immersive sim. So you can climb in windows and down chimneys and loot cabinets for junk to sell. Be sneaky or be loud, guns a-blazin'. I liked the demo and it gives a pretty good impression imo, and the game is down to a low price going by isthereanydeal at $10. It's been fun and there's a quicksave/load that I have been abusing too much, not because I'm bad, but because I want to keep trying different things in situations like how many baddies can I cover in oil and set on fire or hit with the toxic sludge, etc.

I wish it was as cheap for console right now because my old computer is on its way out and I want to keep playing :clint:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I've been having a blast with Erranorth Chronicles. Do you enjoy card-based combat but wish everything was a huge mess with a million classes and races and you can be a wererat pirate or a vampire musician (hello Laszlo) or an elementalist angel? And it's a big sandbox RPG where you can go anywhere? It's a big sprawling silly deckbuilder with no real pretensions of balance or common sense about it but goddamn I like it a lot.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

PlushCow posted:

I wish it was as cheap for console right now because my old computer is on its way out and I want to keep playing :clint:

If relevant to you, fyi Weird West is on Game Pass.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PlushCow posted:

I believe it's currently on Xbox Game Pass if that's the specific flavor of device you have perched under your TV.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

This mapping has cut short more than one playthrough for me. Thank God for Steam input.

What? I played through the whole game and post-game like that without any problems.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

kooshkaboose posted:

i just search steams store from the cheapest up to 5 dollars to get some real gems on sale.

We also have a hidden gems thread here.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
Bought Dave the Diver and played it for 6 hours straight, which doesn't happen too often for me these days. It's fun, simple and has addictive loops and an expanding world. Reminds me of the way Stardew Valley always gets me hooked when I start a new game. I think this will be a fun game to play while listening to podcasts when I get bored of the music.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A couple times a day Steam is sending me emails to let me know that one game from my wishlist is on sale. I think they broke something.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lmao, that dream sequence in Dave the Diver, that came out of nowhere.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dave the Diver shootin fish
Who doesn't know the meaning of a nigiri dish

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

A couple times a day Steam is sending me emails to let me know that one game from my wishlist is on sale. I think they broke something.

Happens during sales occasionally that the system goea dumb.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Just wanted to point out my brother’s chill cartography puzzle game CACHE GRABBERS is 50% off, if you may be interested in that kind of thing.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2258260/Cache_Grabbers/

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I've been having a blast with Erranorth Chronicles. Do you enjoy card-based combat but wish everything was a huge mess with a million classes and races and you can be a wererat pirate or a vampire musician (hello Laszlo) or an elementalist angel? And it's a big sandbox RPG where you can go anywhere? It's a big sprawling silly deckbuilder with no real pretensions of balance or common sense about it but goddamn I like it a lot.

I also just started playing this and tbh I'm not entirely sure what to think.

On one hand, twice now I've got a hero to lvl 10 and found myself getting bored by the gameplay, as it kinda gets stale doing (almost) the same thing every battle after a while.
On the other hand, I still want to try out other heroes to see what their gameplay looks like, because it seems like a lot of different styles are possible.

It's already a positive that I'm still playing this after 13 hours, but I don't think this will be a 100+ hours game for me either.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

I don’t remember who it was that recommended the Balatro demo ITT but

a.) drat you
b.) They reset the demo limit as part of a patch to make Steam track it to prevent trickery, so you can play it a little more
c.) drat you

I played the last play test and my feedback is: it’s so loving good, take my money now.

e: also

Brocktoon posted:

Just wanted to point out my brother’s chill cartography puzzle game CACHE GRABBERS is 50% off, if you may be interested in that kind of thing.

Thanks for posting this. This looks to be very much my jam

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 2, 2023

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Walh Hara posted:

I also just started playing this and tbh I'm not entirely sure what to think.

On one hand, twice now I've got a hero to lvl 10 and found myself getting bored by the gameplay, as it kinda gets stale doing (almost) the same thing every battle after a while.
On the other hand, I still want to try out other heroes to see what their gameplay looks like, because it seems like a lot of different styles are possible.

It's already a positive that I'm still playing this after 13 hours, but I don't think this will be a 100+ hours game for me either.

Yeah, it's really silly but I appreciate it for what it is. I like to keep making little guys in it and seeing how they work.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

alright fine i'll try balatro, sheesh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wtf how did no one tell me, the Moon Remix RPG Adventure lover, about 24 Killers

i may have to get it...

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

wtf how did no one tell me, the Moon Remix RPG Adventure lover, about 24 Killers

i may have to get it...

I bought it because it looked like Moon and I haven't played much but it seems pretty great.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

taking away a straight flush because the rule is "no flushes" is some bullpoo poo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Omi no Kami posted:

For those of you who've played Stranger of Paradise, what the heck did you rebind the interact button to? Because there is no way I'm going to get through an entire game holding Option to use something every 30 seconds. The combat rocks, and I'm digging the Nioh Fantasy vibes, but wow I hate holding a tiny button all the time.

On a dualsense it defaults to pressing the touchpad, which is really awkward but I've found that the only interact prompt that ever actually comes up during fights is reviving your coop partner, which isn't common enough for me to bother to find something better

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh, one game I forgot to include in my july list because they didn't update the steamapi for the game, Gimmick! Special Edition is on July 6th

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Does anyone remember how to sort by your games vs. family share ones? The update reset it and now my library is all jumbled together with my brother's.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mordja posted:

Does anyone remember how to sort by your games vs. family share ones? The update reset it and now my library is all jumbled together with my brother's.

you've gotta tick "group by library" here:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sebmojo posted:

gently caress yeah freedom force owns and it's hilarious too. pitch perfect bonkers silver age announcers yelling at you about ENERGY X and a russian character called NUCLEAR WINTER with ENERGY X ICE POWERS who has HIS OWN THEME SONG it slaps

I just loaded it up and it works fine, you might need to change the sound engine manually (i used miles 2d positional).

Oh hell yeah, I never played the sequel but adored the original. So incredibly cheesy, just spot on nailed everything about how ridiculously over-the-top it all was. Plus the ability to destroy buildings as part of collateral damage, the ability to pick up cars or rip lampposts out of ground etc, it could also be a very cathartic city destruction simulator or you could made a bunch of custom Marvel and DC characters beat the poo poo out of each other flinging each other around the city. Good times.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Ciaphas posted:

taking away a straight flush because the rule is "no flushes" is some bullpoo poo

Well, a straight flush is a kind of flush...

(The one thing I wish Balatro gave you was a take back button, or at the very least an indicator that "the current played hand will be negated due to the active Boss Blind.")

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
MW5 + the dlc worth it? I know there was a thing to fix AI issues, but how's the gameplay and merc career stuff?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Idiootti posted:

Bought Dave the Diver and played it for 6 hours straight, which doesn't happen too often for me these days. It's fun, simple and has addictive loops and an expanding world. Reminds me of the way Stardew Valley always gets me hooked when I start a new game. I think this will be a fun game to play while listening to podcasts when I get bored of the music.

yeah same, and really had to peel myself away from it. just one more dive...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you've gotta tick "group by library" here:

tyvm!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Brocktoon posted:

Do you (or he) have any idea how well it runs on Steam Deck? Because a $7 chill puzzle game is possible Deck fodder, assuming it runs at all, and there aren't any ratings on either the Steam store or ProtonDB for the game yet.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Commander Keene posted:

Do you (or he) have any idea how well it runs on Steam Deck? Because a $7 chill puzzle game is possible Deck fodder, assuming it runs at all, and there aren't any ratings on either the Steam store or ProtonDB for the game yet.

While he hasn’t gotten Steam Deck certification (he’s been working on getting it officially) he has gotten reports from players and testers since launch that it runs well on the Deck.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The cadence of unlocking new mechanics and gear accompanied with the ramping up of profits make Dave the Diver really hard to put down. I wasn't entirely sold on it after my first 30 minute session with it but I can't stop playing it now. Unlike a lot of Recettear type games I find both halves of the game really fun and I'm never upset about having to dive or do the shop.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Does paranormasight have a lot of typing? Using a deck and liking it so far but might put down if so. Would love similar style recs as I've only played the first Danganronpa and really like these novel style of games.

Dave is so fun, hoping I get more just dive around time cause atm every dive seems to have a mission or two tied in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

faantastic posted:

Does paranormasight have a lot of typing? Using a deck and liking it so far but might put down if so

Not really, I think you have to type something maybe four times in the entire game.