Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Kazvall posted:

Having trouble picking which ps1 rpg to play this afternoon.

play Suikoden 2 and join us for Game Club (see stickied IZGC thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk mini review:

Characters look like they came from a doordash ad. You can't actually form your party, you just use everyone from the jump. The gameplay is pretty standard xcom style, but I like that.

The writing is absolute AIDS. It's incredible how bad it is lmao, like.. when you click thru to equip stuff or set skill points every character has a funny quip, every time you select them. Literally every time. Even the narrator is epic badass borderlands style guy. Insane poo poo.

Back to DQ9 I guess

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Helping my wife recover from a hangover while I properly hydrated. I made an agreement with a friend to pick a game for the other to play they would never try otherwise. He picked final fantasy Stranger of Paradise for me, i picked smt5 for him.

So far, this is an easier and more engaging nioh 2.

Also congrats pablo

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Kazvall posted:

Having trouble picking which ps1 rpg to play this afternoon.

koudelka

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
just tried the new trackmania campaign. overall better than last but its got some real stinkers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk mini review:

Characters look like they came from a doordash ad. You can't actually form your party, you just use everyone from the jump. The gameplay is pretty standard xcom style, but I like that.

The writing is absolute AIDS. It's incredible how bad it is lmao, like.. when you click thru to equip stuff or set skill points every character has a funny quip, every time you select them. Literally every time. Even the narrator is epic badass borderlands style guy. Insane poo poo.

Back to DQ9 I guess

I love quips.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

tmfc posted:

play Suikoden 2 and join us for Game Club (see stickied IZGC thread)

Great game but I beat it last winter. I'm torn between starting the entire wild arms series over from 1, 2, 3 and then ACF, or doing like a smaller more charming affair a la guardians crusade.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

voting for wild arms. great series

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wild Arms ftw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

this what we call the retarded kid at school

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hello wild arms.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wild arms 4 or 5 any good? I was going to try them years ago but I saw in the promo(s) that they use like grid based movement systems and decided that wasn't worth my time. I figured they were the reason that the series died. Although I saw some tactics inspired spinoff that looked alright.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

In Training posted:

Crying feels guy Noooooo the tvs don't go higher than 50 frames it's not possible

Me, normal, strong jawline I got Mac sauce in my N64 so I bought two more.

lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Played We <3 Katamari and it's the first time I've ever played any of these and it feels like taking driving directions from someone on acid this is a ton of fun

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Kazvall posted:

Wild arms 4 or 5 any good? I was going to try them years ago but I saw in the promo(s) that they use like grid based movement systems and decided that wasn't worth my time. I figured they were the reason that the series died. Although I saw some tactics inspired spinoff that looked alright.

4's different. it puts in some platforming elements to the exploration and introduces the hex-grid system in battles. its still turn-based, just you have to think about strategic placement and such. its also more techno-fantasy than wild west

5's more like the earlier entries in the series while retaining the hex-grid battle system.

i've never played XF unfortunately so you'll have to let me know if you get that one

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, if I'm not entirely done with the series after alter code then I'll give them a shot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feel like playing something chill. Any cheap Steam sale recommendations

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

infra is like 7.50, which is a good game if you just wanna do some urbex and take photos of hosed up concrete

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Plebian Parasite posted:

infra is like 7.50, which is a good game if you just wanna do some urbex and take photos of hosed up concrete

Infra ftw tho be expected to think its gotta be close to finishing like 3 times and it just keeps going.

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Infra looks dope. Thanks

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Another Final Fantasy XVI and Dragon Quest 9 day. DQ9 is kind of weird, feels like a test run for 10 being an MMO in a lot of ways. Still Dragon Quest so it’s still good, just… kind of odd lol.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa. I find it chill anyway but it does have river city ransom style combat

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Vampire survivors

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

Another Final Fantasy XVI and Dragon Quest 9 day. DQ9 is kind of weird, feels like a test run for 10 being an MMO in a lot of ways. Still Dragon Quest so it’s still good, just… kind of odd lol.

DQ9 definitely suffers from not having real party members or party chat. The goofy plot points would be more fun if you had someone like Maribel or Yangus there to react to them.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

food poisoning so ff2 when i'm not barfin

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

that sux

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Sorry to hear man...... At least you have food poisoning to distract you from FF2!! :D :D

----------------

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

get well soon. enjoy ff

for me, it'll be ff5

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Feel better bro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Sorry to hear man...... At least you have food poisoning to distract you from FF2!! :D :D

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I distinctly remember laying on the floor of my bathroom when i had food poisoning and my wife came to check on me and she said are you okay and I replied im in hell and she thought it was so funny. lol

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

I distinctly remember laying on the floor of my bathroom when i had food poisoning and my wife came to check on me and she said are you okay and I replied im in hell and she thought it was so funny. lol

Lying on the bathroom floor with food poisoning yelling I’M FUCKIN DYING like Tim Roth in Reservoir Dogs

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lying on the bathroom floor with food poisoning yelling I’M FUCKIN DYING like Tim Roth in Reservoir Dogs

lol

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

one time in high school i got too drunk at a party at my friends house and went into the bathroom to puke and maybe poo poo. as a precaution i took all my clothes off and got completely naked so i wouldn't throw up on myself (?). i was in there for a while kinda just laying near the toilet feeling like poo poo. one of my other friends knocked on the door to check on me and i shouted "I'M NUDE" but he thought i said "I PUKED" so he opened the door to come in and was like what the gently caress dude? why are you completely naked?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tmfc posted:

one time in high school i got too drunk at a party at my friends house and went into the bathroom to puke and maybe poo poo. as a precaution i took all my clothes off and got completely naked so i wouldn't throw up on myself (?). i was in there for a while kinda just laying near the toilet feeling like poo poo. one of my other friends knocked on the door to check on me and i shouted "I'M NUDE" but he thought i said "I PUKED" so he opened the door to come in and was like what the gently caress dude? why are you completely naked?

:slonk:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hetaBX00wtI

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

lol my wife just did tht too. They Do Be Like That