Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Twitter’s having a bad day, it seems

Twitter's having a bad year, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The_Doctor posted:

Nope, dickhead Musk has instituted viewing limits on tweets from today. If you're not a verified user, you can only view 600 tweets a day maximum and everyone's hitting limits almost immediately.

Seriously? Goddamn that guy is a moron.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

Seriously? Goddamn that guy is a moron.

Data -scraping here refers to using the API like everyone has for years.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The_Doctor posted:

Data -scraping here refers to using the API like everyone has for years.

It’s a loving advertising funded site! There’s no way on earth paying advertisers agreed to have the audience for those ads reduced by such a huge amount. This is the dumbest, most “please sue me” move Musk has ever made, and that is a stiff loving competition.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s almost as if firing everyone who understood how the site worked, replacing them with idiot sycophants, and then trying to monetize and remove free access to every single little thing were all terrible ideas

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
And people will still say Musk is a genius.

Which at this point is so unbelievable it's hard to believe most thought it in the first place.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Last Call posted:

And people will still say Musk is a genius.

Which at this point is so unbelievable it's hard to believe most thought it in the first place.

The man is outrageously loving dumb. I've been a Musk hater for years, but the entire Twitter debacle is just next-level dumb.

So on an unrelated note, just to add some toy content to the toy thread:

That Red Sonja action figure is basically great except for the price tag. $75 is insane for what you get. If it was a $30 figure, it would easily be toy-of-the-year material, because the execution is pretty flawless overall. Fantastic sculpt, paint, and especially engineering. The articulation strikes an impressive balance between providing a good range of motion and minimal cuts to the sculpt. All the joints have impressive range, and they all move nicely, nothing loose and nothing stuck. And it's all executed in a way where she looks good in every pose. It's a beautiful toy, and lots of fun to mess with and pose. The box art is really nice too.

Where it falls short is really just quantity of accessories. She comes with a good selection of weapons and extra hands, but for the money, it really would have been good to include more than one head. More importantly, at least a basic slab-and-peg display base, if not something a little nicer. It's a little bit difficult to stand her up with the high heels, and she doesn't fit on a NECA peg. So you end up with this figure that can be put in a million cool poses, but probably not actually displayed in said poses, because she'll fall over. That really could have been solved at minimal extra cost, so it's frustrating that they didn't do it. I think I'll probably end up building my own display base for her.

So yeah the bottom line is the toy is good, the price is bad. I don't regret buying it, because I'm very glad to have it, but it should have either cost a lot less, or come with a lot more poo poo. I do highly recommended this figure, provided you have a ton of disposable cash, or find it on sale. And you know, assuming you like Red Sonja, or just generally enjoy barbarian babes.

At least she's cheaper than that Golden Axe lady.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I get why they did it, but I really would’ve preferred an “-Of the Wild” set figure. Link in blue is just wrong wrong wrong. Ah, well. I have the Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Link Between Worlds ones for green Link supremacy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/1675187596979318785?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That Red Sonja action figure

I have one waiting in my pile of loot. Just waiting for a couple things to come in before I ship it. I don't like the price at all, but damnit Conan needs Red Sonja and vice versa.

On the Twitter collapse, I also understand that he made it so you need to be logged in to view tweets, so linking them only works now for people with active accounts. This man is determined to ruin the place, and who thought you could ruin a cesspool?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I moved to Instagram almost entirely awhile ago. My figure stuff is almost entirely on there until I can start getting videos done.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Unfortunately I think Instagram requires people to be logged in to see your gallery too. It's really gone downhill and become almost useless in the last 5 years.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Unfortunately I think Instagram requires people to be logged in to see your gallery too. It's really gone downhill and become almost useless in the last 5 years.

I wish there was something that would protect your images in the least but was viewable. Instagram at least does an ok job at the first. Especially with figure photography there is rampant people stealing images and reposting for their own gain. My stuff is pretty well watermarked but even still.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So what do people use for figure stands? By that I mean the three step version so you can see the back characters.

Been trying to find something that works that doesn't cost a ton.

I need that for more.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1675191570889318407?s=20

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1675188038912098304?s=20

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ah, gently caress. That TTGL is so good. But alas, I don’t collect statues.

I should really get around to watching P&S w/G.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think red Sonja would be the reason is but one of those clear stands with all the posing options. Just have her mid air with her sword or axe about to end some poor bastard who just realized how badly he hosed up.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ran into a local Book Off today before dinner and they happened to have one of the Street Fighter Alpha Chun-Li statues that I’ve wanted to find in the wild. I don’t have any stuff with her Alpha costume in my collection (and I really love it), so it was an obvious pick up for me. Bonus points that it’s her 2P coloring, since most of my stuff is her 1P blue outfit.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Agrias120 posted:

Ran into a local Book Off today before dinner and they happened to have one of the Street Fighter Alpha Chun-Li statues that I’ve wanted to find in the wild. I don’t have any stuff with her Alpha costume in my collection (and I really love it), so it was an obvious pick up for me. Bonus points that it’s her 2P coloring, since most of my stuff is her 1P blue outfit.

Post some pics if you unbox it! I’ve had my eye on that statue because of her alpha costume but a lot of the eBay posts have lovely pics

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

The Last Call posted:

So what do people use for figure stands? By that I mean the three step version so you can see the back characters.

I need that for more.

https://a.co/d/5kMnb15

or

https://a.co/d/cPiwUJ0

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

I need that for more.

These and I spray paint them black

Dial Industries, Inc. 01703... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QSDGB6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone here have HT Jango Fett? I see he’s 30% off in sideshow today so I’m wondering how good he is in person

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Anyone here have HT Jango Fett? I see he’s 30% off in sideshow today so I’m wondering how good he is in person

Do it. He’s real Jangoy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

He’s loving fantastic. One of my favorite HT figures

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Finally some good news for Transformers fans

https://twitter.com/kotobukiyas/status/1675587663951441920?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

These and I spray paint them black

Dial Industries, Inc. 01703... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QSDGB6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks for the suggestions gents! You'd think someone would realize this sort of thing would be wanted by displayers by now and sold some for said reason officially.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

And the Horror Bishoujo line lives too!

https://twitter.com/kotobukiyas/status/1675595228747816962?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s a real shame. That line is gross

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

According to the transformers thread you’re not allowed to say that

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

they can bill me

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Not as good as Optimus, but better than Megatron and maybe on par with Bumblebee. The neck tie forming the cockpit glass is a clever touch.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

It’s especially gross when you consider Sadako is a teenager who’s emotionally abused by basically everyone she knows and is ultimately murdered in a slow horrific way.

Like, I love those movies and I’d absolutely own the Sadako w/TV set Figuarts if it didn’t go for crazy money, but what kind of weirdo would want to buy some gross cheesecake statue of the character?

At least that Transformers one is just kinda laughably pathetic.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’ve always interpreted that line as “women dressed up as that character” not literally that character

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Well, I finally got a Classified Lady Jaye. I guess Target unloaded all the pegwarming Jayes to Ollie's Bargain Outlet, along with the handful of movie Baronesses and Scarletts. They are discounted to $12.99 each, but I got mine today, on the last day of the 15% off storewide sale, for $11.04.

She's the first Classified figure I've gotten with loose hips, and she has a hard time standing unaided, but she's okay. I've literally doubled my G.I. Joe ranks in the past week, with Jaye and Cover Girl (who I like a lot better as a figure) joining Snake Eyes and Roadblock.

I know a better Scarlett is definitely coming now that we've seen Glenda, but I'm still holding out hope for a better Flint, now more than ever.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The line is still weird because it’s just weird to have “sexy” toys

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

The Optimus Prime one isn’t a “sexy toy”, it’s what a cute girl might do if she wanted to make a clever Optimus Prime themed cosplay. There’s no huge boobs or plunging cleavage, no booty or revealing underwear, it’s not in a provocative pose.

I’m not saying all Bishuojo statues aren’t sexualized, a bunch of them are (especially the ones from earlier in the line) but the Optimus one is pretty drat tame.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I very disagree with that lmfao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

slight recant, the optimus prime one isnt as blatent I guess, but whatever one is posted in that tweet is just lol

Why would you own that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

yeah, so weird.

Only registered members can see post attachments!