Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This is kinda interesting. Sounds like the hidden HP system is a bigger reason for failing kickouts than momentum

https://twitter.com/haangemhiigh/status/1675618581562654720?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

https://twitter.com/melonbread1979/status/1675547355595112450?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

Dacap fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not sure what part of that is meant to be a revelation, it makes obvious sense that it should be harder to kick out if you’ve taken more damage

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not sure what part of that is meant to be a revelation, it makes obvious sense that it should be harder to kick out if you’ve taken more damage

More that it doesn't regen with time like the N64 era

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
No regen is kinda weird. You shouldn't be able to get all your health back, but getting back to like, 10% or something so you don't get taken out with a scoop slam is pretty basic. Even the SNES LJN games had some health regen.

Like, one of my biggest bugaboos with wrestling game AI(outside the NL recently demonstrated general idiocy oh god why is this match 3 hours) is them just going for wins off the most weaksauce of moves and it working. Stupid hardcore matches where they pick up a table, lightly thump you with it, and go for the win. A little bit of regen stopping a flash pin off a scoop slam is good, but an actual finisher should put you down.

And I honestly like the idea of basing reversal timing off momentum/HP/whatever. You go for a powerbomb as your first move, it should be easier to counter than if you're nearly dead. Encourage people to build up to dropping people on their heads.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I feel like some regeneration would be good. Wouldn't want it to be too much or too fast since I like how quick matches can be in general, but there should always be the chance to make a big comeback.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just went from special momentum to danger via schoolboy form Sammy, a minute into a match I was dominating. 0/10 wgoty

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been playing Shida online and I made someone tap out then when the match was over I pinned them and the ref counted to 3 lol

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

RandolphCarter posted:

Just went from special momentum to danger via schoolboy form Sammy, a minute into a match I was dominating. 0/10 wgoty

Schoolboy isn't even his final form.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gameplay for this is so loving fun, so loving good and the animations for everything are amazing for a new team/new dev. Which makes it so utterly disappointing that the customization for the game---in every respect i.e. CAWs, secondary attires---is one of the worst custom suites in any wrestling game I can think of.

It's really crazy that you can pretty much create so many Japan/WWE guys with the perfect 1:1 animations for their taunts, entrances, moves, you name it---but the faces and costume attires in the game are so limited that nobody will look anything like the wrestlers you're trying to make in terms of the bland faces available or the pitiful clothing selections. I think even moreso than the limited match options right now, the CAW stuff badly needs an injection of more options in the very near future.

From what I've read across Twitter/the AEW Discord the PC version will at least be trying to make up for this

https://twitter.com/PWMods/status/1675569764922544131?s=20

https://twitter.com/LynchReborn/status/1675321179660341249?s=20

Apparently this week the THQ guys and some modders will be hashing out stuff that will be allowed/officially up on their discords.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The pin stuff still doesn't make sense to me, they need to tweak it for sure. I should not be getting pinned off an armdrag 3 minutes into a match where I barely had any damage done to me. Still though, I ate a slice of keylime pie in Florida and the waitress made of fun of Bryan Danielson for being vegetarian 9/10

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, I also got pinned (but kicked out) after aggressively beating rear end and getting caught with a couple of moves. They got a two count which feels weird. You should be able to kick out before even a one count if you’re relatively healthy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

poo poo this game is fun I'm having a blast in online matches

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Shard posted:

poo poo this game is fun I'm having a blast in online matches

Main problem with online is the guys who rage quit without penalty and the ones who roll outside of the ring and taunt spam until they have specials every time you land a hit on them. I don't care if I lose a match playing online, I just want to play the actual match!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what else is funny I haven't fought a single kenny

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Okay I've finally gotten time to get into the game and my god the CAW suite is an embarrassment. The only upside is it's 10 times faster to make a CAW than any WWE game but only because they give you almost zero options for anything.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Got to rewatch most of the Punk debut. 10/10

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
My friend and his wife are in from out of state this weekend and we played Fight Forever for maybe an hour while his wife and my partner talked about work stuff (they have similar jobs) before heading out to dinner.

We had a lot of fun with it. The highlight for me was when I was playing as Malakai and he was Sammy. He had me in the corner and trying to grapple, but I somehow reversed it and hopped to the top rope and hit this ridiculously sick looking meteora to win the match. No clue how I even did it but it was rad.

We played a ton of No Mercy back in the day and it was funny to be playing video games while the grownups talked about grownup things in the next room just like old times.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just made mix tap out wit soda online using the lion gamer and then killed him with the steinerdriver after the match 10/10 game

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Cole and Jericho should team as the Lion Gamers

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My kid is not a fan of the wrestling part of the game but has been playing Darby's Skateboard Madness and Chip Catcher quite a bit.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My 14 year old nephew came over and we played today. He only knows of wrestling through video games and he loved it. He loved the mini games (except for trivia), especially the skateboarding one. We did a hardcore match so I could show him Darby’s skateboard and he was almost jumping in joy at that.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
lol i just beat a Paul Wight who spent several minutes beating my rear end by hitting the last supper desperation pin after getting chokeslammed. goty

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Is there any options to not do button mashing? That’s kind of a deal-breaker if not.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Went on a talk show before All Out. Talked about how I was going to fight Mox in a falls count anywhere match, despite us being begrudging tag team partners. At All Out, Mox and I beat Best Friends to become the champs and then I turned on him immediately afterward.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

How the gently caress do you stand people up when they're down?

Also does it seem like the moment the opponent gains more momentum there's just no way to come back?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drakkel posted:

Also does it seem like the moment the opponent gains more momentum there's just no way to come back?

It's the button used to counter strikes.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

super macho dude posted:

I ate a slice of keylime pie in Florida and the waitress made of fun of Bryan Danielson for being vegetarian 9/10

If you've never had Florida's signature beeflime pie before, are you even really living?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

RB will pick folks up when they are down. If you hold the left trigger I believe you will drag them. And if you grapple someone and hit lb you will go to their back.

Also I discovered if you run and hit lb and rb you do like little jukes and rolls.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My guy has been tag champ with Nick Buck for like 2 papes and hasn’t defended or interacted with Nick since winning them :/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Riho is apparently my arch nemesis because I tried to get a screwy finish by rolling up Abadon before Aubrey counted Riho’s pin on Thunder Rosa. I’d also called my shot on pinning Riho earlier so I’m joining the Dark Order out of shame.

Stellar experience.

Also making the entrance stuff a button masher mini game is really smart

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If you have nostalgia for Yukes jank, buy this game poste haste.

Please pay me to Ryan Satin your game, coward tony khan.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they badly need to patch in a better default pin breakup. That loving axehandle that everyone uses is too drat slow, make it a simple kick or something

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

RandolphCarter posted:

My guy has been tag champ with Nick Buck for like 2 papes and hasn’t defended or interacted with Nick since winning them :/

That cut scene is actually relinquishing the title, although there is no indication that that’s the case.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I played one tag match with Jurassic Express vs Best Friends and my CPU tag partner actually managed to stop the enemy CPU from breaking up a pinfall, something I haven't seen happen in a WWE game in like a decade

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

they badly need to patch in a better default pin breakup. That loving axehandle that everyone uses is too drat slow, make it a simple kick or something

every one of my Road to Elite losses is a multiman match where I couldn't land the axehandle in time
love winning 3 straight gauntlet matches and then watching Mox pin Omega while I drop the axe at 3.1, and the ending cutscene with JR saying "wow this was booked like poo poo, they overcame the odds all month long and with this one result are now just an irrelevant footnote!"

unlocked Brodie though, gonna start throwing discus lariats (discuses? discii?)

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This is a pretty insignificant complaint, but what is up with the DVD-quality video in this game? A concession for the switch version's filesize? These shows are filmed in HD aren't they???

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I beat up Cody with a steel chair during a press conference, best game ever

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

This is honestly the most Chuck Taylor thing to say, ever.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Well, I made it to the end of Road to the Elite for the first time, and I hit the button to take me to the final match, and all the options disappear from the screen but it never actually progresses to the loading screen to go into the match and I am left with no option but to alt-F4 the game.

So that's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Game finally arrived in my mailbox. Before I start playing, is Road to Elite better with an existing wrestler or your own CAW?