Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

My thought process is this. The enemy Treb is hiding in the woods and has been heavily defanged, reduced to only a single SRM pack. The inferno rounds are dangerous, but not dangerous enough for us to worry about charging into the woods for. Since we have the range advantage I think we could just wait for it to turn around and try to charge us again, at which point the PPCs and LRMs come out.

The Galleons are uniquely fragile this turn due to the fact that they had to turn around after hitting the corner of the map, and one of them took movement system damage. The one with the damaged motor is easy pickings, and the one with a healthy motor is vulnerable this turn, but afterward, it's free to Flank for another 9 tiles and get an insane evasion bonus. I think we should try and soften them up/kill them this turn

The firestarter has some weapons to poke at us with but if it wants to fight us for real it's got to come closer. If we lure it north we might have an easier time slipping behind and stabbing it in the back

hmm... I had another idea though. If I move to 2304 and turned to face 2404 I could fire both my LRMs at the healthy Galleon at an 8+ to hit. I know those odds have burned me before, but maybe this time I'd get lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

I think the blackjack has a nice potential move to 1709, jumping in to the heavy smoke. Your shots on the treb are bad, but, nothing else can really hit you either with a +4 defense mod.

Or you can move north and help clean up there, too. I think I have good enough odds on my galleon to finish it off.

I'll be sure to amend my orders with a contingency for the firestarter just in case, thinking about it though.

You might be thinking of 1708, since I can only jump 4. But yeah that's also an option if the Hammer and Treb are confident they can take out the other Galleon.

I'm still inclined to overkill the Galleons right now though. Better to definitively get them off the field and then have the luxury of deciding which of the crippled Mechs we go after as a group next.

glwgameplayer posted:

Trebuchet

hmm... I had another idea though. If I move to 2304 and turned to face 2404 I could fire both my LRMs at the healthy Galleon at an 8+ to hit. I know those odds have burned me before, but maybe this time I'd get lucky.

With your limited ammo, I wouldn't waste the LRMs on these small fry. I'd save them for the Mechs. Running to 3003 or 3008, firing the MLs and kicking would be the option I'd take, personally.

anakha fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 3, 2023

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Warhammer

Alright, could've gone a little better but certainly could've gone much worse! I think the clear move for me here is to run to 2904 facing 3004 and go after that Galleon with my lasers and a kick, splitting off a PPC shot at the other Galleon.

Put these orders in with a contingency to take that PPC potshot at the Firestarter instead if the lower Galleon is already dead by the time I fire.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Put these orders in with a contingency to take that PPC potshot at the Firestarter instead if the lower Galleon is already dead by the time I fire.

Unfortunately MegaMek resolves the shooting phase all at once, so I can't accept such contingency orders. I'm afraid you're going to have to pick one or the other, or else split your fire between them.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Scintilla posted:

Unfortunately MegaMek resolves the shooting phase all at once, so I can't accept such contingency orders. I'm afraid you're going to have to pick one or the other, or else split your fire between them.

Ah, I misunderstood. No biggie, you can literally just ignore the invalid contingency then, orders should still work.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

Orders in - running to 2603 and firing both LLs at the upper Galleon.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

Running to 2902 and firing all my lasers at the Galleon. I kinda wanted to get back to the backline. Have my LRMs at the ready.

... It has nothing to do with me getting shot in the head!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Scintilla posted:

Oh that poor Stinger.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:unsmigghh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Great, now I'm getting flashbacks to a MegaMek game I played with friends, that had the Stackpole rule enabled. Shot a Wasp point-blank with an AC/20 and got most of my Hunchback's armor stripped by its engine going critical. :byoscience:

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

"Hang in there baby" kitten poster except with a Stinger trying to pick itself up by leaning on trees

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

That Stinger pilot can choose to stop trying to get his mech to stand up, right? I feel like if he feigned unconsciousness at this point no one on either side would blame the poor bastard.

(I say that as a lurker continually amused by his suffering, so take it with a grain of salt :v:)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I warned you about leg actuator crits bro!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:emptyquote:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 6

“Galleons are down, sir,” Archibald reported over the comms. “Looks like the Firestarter is falling back. Trebuchet is swinging back around – gotta say, the pilot’s either insane or has the biggest balls this side of the equator.”

Roger glanced at his panoramic viewscreen, quickly confirming Archibald’s assessment. “Good job. We’ll be much safer without those tanks nipping at our heels.” Some commanders might have dismissed the Galleons as a non-threat, but Roger knew better. Battlemechs might be the kings of the battlefield, but even a king could be felled by a lucky shot from a peasant’s crossbow. Better not to take the risk.

“Let’s regroup and press forwards.” He frowned at Stephanie’s Trebuchet, his gaze lingering on the pockmark on the left side of its head. It wasn’t fresh, but blows to the cockpit assembly often caused concussions and other nasty head injuries that could have unpredictable consequences later on. “Overwatch, are you alright? That head hit looked nasty.”

Stephanie’s response was strained, but coherent. “Shaken, but not stirred, sir. Takes more than a Medium Laser to ring my bell.”

Roger cracked a smile. “Good to hear.” He shifted his attention to Louis. “How about you, Bruiser? Your armour’s looking a bit thin around the chest.”

“I’ve taken a battering,” Louis admitted calmly, “but I can manage. As long as that DropShip doesn’t light me up again I’ll be golden.”

A worried growl clawed its way up Roger’s throat as he turned his attention to the Eagle Standard. The DropShip’s weapons being online had been an unpleasant surprise. Their presence would make a direct assault on the crash site a challenging proposition, but with Preston refusing to leave the landing zone they might not have much of a choice.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Right Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Right Side, 5/10 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Large Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 10: Hits Right Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers) takes 8 damage to Right Side, 0/10 Armour, 0/3 Structure remaining. Right Side destroyed! Vehicle destroyed!

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires PPC at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Left Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers) takes 10 damage to Left Side, 0/10 Armour remaining. Chance for Motive System Damage!
--Motive System Hit! Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Right Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers) Right Side is already destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 10: Hits Turret! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Turret, 9/14 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 11: Hits Right Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers) Right Side is already destroyed!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 11: Hits Right Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers) takes 20 damage to Right Side, 0/10 Armour, 0/3 Structure remaining. Critical Chance! Right Side destroyed! Vehicle destroyed!
--Critical Chance in Right Side! One Critical Hit sustained! Small Laser malfunctions!
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 6: Hits Right Side! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers) Right Side is already destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 6: Hits Rear! Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Rear, 6/11 Armour remaining. Chance for Motive System Damage!
--Motive System Hit! Major damage, vehicle immobile!

--

Weapons fire for Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers):
-No valid targets within range; holding fire until next turn!

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 7, rolls 9: Hits Right Torso! Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 17/22 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 #2 (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 7, rolls 9: Hits Left Torso! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Torso, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Player); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Centre Torso! Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) takes 3 damage to Centre Torso, 7/26 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (Prowlers):
-Fires LRM-5 at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 10, rolls 10: 4 Missiles Hit! Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) takes 4 damage to Right Arm, 7/11 Armour remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 10, rolls 8: Misses!

No melee attacks this turn!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 1 heat.

--

Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) gains 5 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) did not fire this turn! No feedback check required! Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) will fire next on Turn 7!

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) attempts to stand carefully. Needs 6, rolls 3: Fails!
-Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) falls on its left side, suffering 2 damage to Left Arm, 0/4 Armour remaining.
-Harathi Vraman must roll a 6 to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 6: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants a bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (0/1)
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (2/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Saturday 8th 9:00PM GMT.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Omg dude stop trying to get up

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

Ok, insects swatted. Time to go after the main target.

I don't see any better moves for myself aside from running to 2707 or 2806 and taking a potshot at the enemy Treb, unless someone can point out an option I missed.

anakha fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 5, 2023

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Warhammer

Looks like this is going to be a regrouping turn, mostly. I'll go to 2506 and fire at the Trebuchet. I have 11s on both it and the Firestarter, but since the Trebuchet is down to just the Inferno launcher I could get overheated. With that in mind (and so I cool down to 0 anyway), I'll just fire one PPC, so I might as well target the mech that could very well die to one PPC.

Also now the Stinger pilot is Very Depressed :(

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

Nothing to shoot at so it's time to reposition. I guess now it's time for us to decide how we want to go on the offensive. We could try and get behind the hill in the center, or go around the left to avoid the dropship's fire. If we ran through that narrow pass to the left we could try and circle around the enemy, although without jumpjets it would take at least 3 turns for most of us to get through. I could make it a little faster if I sprinted The Blackjack might be able to hop into any convenient woods nearby to evade it. But whatever we do, we absolutely do not want to engage with the dropship unloading its full power on us

We should probably have someone draw the Drop Ship's fire on the turn we approach by stacking as many evasion and accuracy penalties as we can. Like running through the smoke and trees up north, or the forest to the right. But I'm not sure if that's really viable. The only mechs we have who could do it are either me, since I'm the fastest, or the Blackjack because it has jumpjets

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Omg dude stop trying to get up

gotta play the objectives!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

biosterous posted:

gotta play the objectives!

glitching the ai to kill itself

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If you swing around out of the fields of fire of the dropship's weapons, you can probably take called shots at his legs, it'll probably make his life easier.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I think we may as well use the right edge of the map to get in to range. It'll be slow, but it has cover from the drop ship and with the fast movers eliminated theres no real time pressure on us.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Yes! AC/20 for the kill!

Love AC/20s going off. Just makes me feel good.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

painedforever posted:

Yes! AC/20 for the kill!

Love AC/20s going off. Just makes me feel good.

"I got all kinds of upgrades and my 'mech is fully blinged/Sometimes I like to fire my cannon just to hear my own ears ring..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KB8f3Oprms&t=102s

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Space Kablooey posted:

"I got all kinds of upgrades and my 'mech is fully blinged/Sometimes I like to fire my cannon just to hear my own ears ring..."

:clint:

Oh Black Pants Legion, why are you like this?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Space Kablooey posted:

this is awesome

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
By the way, igniting hexes isn't limited to the OpFor. If any player wants to try and set fire to woodland to provide covering smoke, just let me know in your orders. Medium Lasers, Large Lasers and PPCs can all start fires on a roll of 7+.

Also, for future reference, the fuel tank has an Elevation of 1 and will explode violently when its 15 CF is depleted.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Over on the mountain
Thunder magic spoke:
"Let the people know my wisdom.
Fill the land with smoke!"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

this is awesome

as a contractor that song speaks to me

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet
I think I'm just going to head straight down to Hex 2907. I can't go any further without veering to the left somewhere If you guys want I could try and start some fires in the woods. Although I'm not sure if that's a good idea right now.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Alright, these orders are in. As for firestarting I feel like the only place a fire would have a clear use would be 1913 and honestly I'm not worried enough about the Scorpion that I want to trade that hex's value as future standing-inside cover for extra maluses on his to-hit, at least not yet.

In any case, as the heaviest and best armored mech on the team, next turn I should try to be the one to draw the dropship's LRMs so we can get another couple turns of safety. Technically we could circle around the left side and come over the hills at them to completely remove the dropship from the equation, but we're slow and with only one jumper I feel like we'd just get chewed up anyway from poor move mods. Plus it wouldn't be too exciting for us or the audience to spend 5 turns shuffling over there.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I'm moving to 2912 and setting up for the next few turns just slogging through the woods to the south. It'll be slow, but with double woods cover we're basically immune to long range fire. And, well, if anything comes in to CLOSE range, that's what a Hunchback is for.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gwaihir posted:

And, well, if anything comes in to CLOSE range, that's what a Hunchback is for.

yee

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

Orders in - running to 2806 and shooting the Treb.

anakha fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 7, 2023

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 7

A momentary calm settled over the battlefield as both sides briefly focused on regrouping. The smouldering corpses of the Galleons had given Sterling Lance first blood, but the main challenge of assaulting the crash site still remained. The huge Union DropShip cast a long and deadly shadow, and as Stephanie brought her Trebuchet forwards she couldn’t help but worry about how they were going to deal with it.

“Hey Bruiser, doesn’t this remind you of that one time on Lyons?” Archibald asked. “We had to charge the guns then, too.”

Louis barked out a laugh. “Fort Harrington, right? Yeah, that was a tough one. I’ll say one thing for the Snakes, they’re tenacious when their backs are against the wall. How long ago was that, anyway? Eleven years?”

“Twelve years.” Roger corrected him. “That was a hard campaign. The Dracs turned that old outpost into a killing zone. I shudder to think what would have happened if Schmidt hadn’t brought his Long Toms up to support us.”

Archibald chuckled. “Good old Schmidt. Wonder how he’s doing now.”

Stephanie listened in silence as her lancemates reminisced about old times. She had nothing to add to the conversation; being the youngest member of the team, everything that they were talking about had happened long before her time. Such discussions were always interesting and often entertaining, but they also made her feel a little melancholy. They reminded her that she was a newcomer. An outsider. Someone who had yet to truly become part of the in-group.

As usual, that feeling of isolation triggered a pang of homesickness. Stephanie’s home planet, Bountiful Harvest, was one of the most beautiful worlds in the Inner Sphere, as well as the lushest and most fertile. Most of the farms were run by megacorporations, with the rights to work the land franchised out to various individual families. This meant that, while the upper echelons of society were extremely corporatised, there was a strong sense of community on the local level, with everyone pitching in to help during the harvest season. It was that sense of togetherness, of stability, that Stephanie missed most.

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 9: Misses!
-Fires Large Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires PPC at Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 7: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers):
-No valid targets within range; holding fire until next turn!

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hex 2612 (Ignite); needs 3, rolls 5: Hits! Medium Laser needs 7+ to ignite, rolls 2: Hex fails to ignite!

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers):
-Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 11, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (Prowlers):
-Fires LRM-5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Warhammer WHM-6D (Player); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

No melee attacks this turn!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 2 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 2 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 12 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Firestarter FS9-H (Prowlers) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5S (Prowlers) gains 6 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) did not fire this turn! No feedback check required! Eagle Standard (DropShip) (Prowlers) will fire next on Turn 8!

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) attempts to stand carefully. Needs 6, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants a bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (0/1)
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (2/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 11th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 9, 2023

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

omg congrats Harathi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Warhammer

Alright, PHawk's finally making a move and we've got a brawl coming up with the Trebuchet and Firestarter. 2511 would give me an alpha strike backshot on the Trebuchet (small lasers don't count, c'mon) but I think that's a trap, it would be on 11s 9s with the intervening woods and might put me in an awkward spot to back out of when the Firestarter next moves, not to mention the Dropship fire.

If I walk to 2707 then I have much better odds on the Trebuchet and my poor movemod will be compensated for by two intervening woods between me and the Scorpion that's been desperately trying to hit me this whole time, so that's probably my plan. I was hoping to draw the Dropship's LRMs this turn but I think that can wait since they're pushing forward again.

The Hunchback might genuinely just want to back up, stand and deliver, all the woods will ruin the Firestarter's shot and the Trebuchet only has infernos, melee, and being in the way to threaten us with.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 9, 2023