Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The answer is yes, Peacock has some MST3K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
there's a ton of mst3k stuff on YouTube- full movies, compilations of shorts, etc

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
This is what shows up:

S1E9 - Robot Holocaust
S3E3 - Pod People
S4E10 - Hercules Against the Moon Men
S5E3 - Swamp Diamonds
S5E12 - Mitchell
S5E17 - Beginning of the End
S6E15 - Zombie Nightmare
S9E3 - Puma Man
S9E11 - Devilfish
S10E5 - Boggy Creek 2: And the Legend Continues

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thank you so much for picking through those. I haven't watched these in ages and it turns out I missed them terribly. After I wring this service dry I'll cancel and go through YouTube's collection.

e "seven seasons available" is a bit of a stretch when it's one episode out of each season lol

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 1, 2023

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Shout Factory has a lot of MST3K episodes available to stream too, the quality is usually better than the stuff on youtube

https://www.shoutfactorytv.com/series/mystery-science-theater-3000

Although there are some episodes on YouTube that have the commercials from the 90s left in and those can be fun to watch

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Joe Pickett (never heard of the books) probably had potential, but also has the most clumsily cliched writing with every side character a ridiculous caricature with awful dialogue. Michael Dornan is basically fine with what he's given, but it really could have used some better writers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Watching the bear and loved seeing pequods pizza but got really annoyed They didn't serve the crust along with the pizza.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Comcast just reached out to me to let me know I actually will not get Peacock free anymore so oh well I guess I won't watch peacock again. :shrug:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Inspector Hound posted:

Thank you so much for picking through those. I haven't watched these in ages and it turns out I missed them terribly. After I wring this service dry I'll cancel and go through YouTube's collection.

e "seven seasons available" is a bit of a stretch when it's one episode out of each season lol

Pluto TV also has a 24/7 MST3K channel. If you have a Samsung tv it'll be readily available in the TV+ line up.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah youtube has like all of mst3k almost, one of my fave things to just randomly shuffle and put on in the background

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And the best part is, the new ones aren't on there so you don't have to worry about ever watching Jonah Ray try to be funny.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Be he is!
Good day sir!

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Kingtheninja posted:

Watching the bear and loved seeing pequods pizza but got really annoyed They didn't serve the crust along with the pizza.

:same:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've been getting a ton of Britbox and Acorn ads lately and British people really love clergy and frumpy housewives solving murders, huh.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Other than original recipe Doctor Who, it makes up a good chunk of BritBox’s appeal.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That and definitely watch the original Ladykillers. So great. My favorite Alec Guiness role and with a nice ensemble cast featuring a young Peter Sellers. That might not be on Britbox anymore tho...I know I saw it on some minor British streaming thing like that.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Caught Nimona on Netflix. Just an overall good time, fun characters, well-animated, and properly gay. The punchlines have a bit of a habit of lingering just a little too long at times, but not to the point of being grating. It's also quite well-paced and a tight 90, which I always appreciate.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
finally caught up on THE BEAR S2 and it does indeed own but its barely a comedy anymore lol

obviously the christmas episode and the big single take sequence are the standouts but the richie standalone episode is also up there for me

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/07/10/after-barbie-mattel-is-raiding-its-entire-toy-box

sounds like these brand movies aren't gonna be dumped on streamers anymore and will actually attempt theatre releases.

also, lmao

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/07/10/after-barbie-mattel-is-raiding-its-entire-toy-box posted:

Jimmy Warden, the screenwriter of “Cocaine Bear,” had devised a horror-comedy about the Magic 8 Ball. (One can imagine the chilling moment when a character shakes the ball and gets the message “outlook not so good.”) The approach, Brenner told me afterward, had been a subject of some debate. “We’re not going to make any rated-R movies,” she promised. Although the Magic 8 Ball script “walks the line a little bit,” she went on, “we’re not going to make anything that feels violent, or that is alienating to families. . . . We want to stay within the parameters of what Mattel is.”

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Hot Wheels staring Dwayne Rock comin 2025

Edit: lmao actually read the article and seems like this is a very real possibly. Hot wheels staring Dwayne Rock from Jayson Abrams 2025.

frogbs fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 3, 2023

GoodApollo
Jul 9, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

Comcast just reached out to me to let me know I actually will not get Peacock free anymore so oh well I guess I won't watch peacock again. :shrug:

I got the same email and then today they sent me another one saying I get another 2 years free so.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

frogbs posted:

Hot Wheels staring Dwayne Rock comin 2025

Edit: lmao actually read the article and seems like this is a very real possibly. Hot wheels staring Dwayne Rock from Jayson Abrams 2025.

I hope Vin Diesel steals the Hot Wheels franchise away from him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Mattel gonna pay $75 mil to have the outro to the last F&F movie show that's it s just been two kids playing Hot Wheels.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've been getting a ton of Britbox and Acorn ads lately and British people really love clergy and frumpy housewives solving murders, huh.

My parents seem to watch all of these and it's crazy how formulaic they are. Like every second episode features a revenge murder done because of events from 20 years ago. And the cast usually have haircuts and fashion so of the moment that you can look at an episode and guess the production date to within a year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Mattel gonna pay $75 mil to have the outro to the last F&F movie show that's it s just been two kids playing Hot Wheels.

Really the only logical explanation at this point

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

nonathlon posted:

My parents seem to watch all of these and it's crazy how formulaic they are. Like every second episode features a revenge murder done because of events from 20 years ago. And the cast usually have haircuts and fashion so of the moment that you can look at an episode and guess the production date to within a year.
I've noticed this thing about movies and TV set in the past: the roguish raffish spy or bartender or bounty hunter or what have you character never has period-accurate hair, they're always sporting whatever haircut was cool at the time of production.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Yeah no one in outlander is wearing a powdered wig

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If I remember correctly, Turn was particularly guilty of the bad guys have period-accurate hair, good guys have cool mid-2010's hairstyles thing

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I caught Earth Girls Are Easy on pluto TV the other day. Never seen it before but I had heard about Jeff Goldblum playing an alien in it. This was one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. I thought it was endearingly camp but something about it makes it seem like the final nail in the 80s coffin since it came out in 89. It has all those day-glo colors and the occasional half-assed musical number. I guess it's like if the B-52s made a sci fi sex comedy musical but didn't have time to fill the thing with more than a couple songs.

e: The B-52s did not write the original songs in this movie but there IS a B-52s song featured in it.

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 4, 2023

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sourdough Sam posted:

I caught Earth Girls Are Easy on pluto TV the other day. Never seen it before but I had heard about Jeff Goldblum playing an alien in it. This was one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. I thought it was endearingly camp but something about it makes it seem like the final nail in the 80s coffin since it came out in 89. It has all those day-glo colors and the occasional half-assed musical number. I guess it's like if the B-52s made a sci fi sex comedy musical but didn't have time to fill the thing with more than a couple songs.

e: The B-52s did not write the original songs in this movie but there IS a B-52s song featured in it.

That was on Comedy Central [I]constantly[I]

It also co-stars Jim Carrey right before In Living Color was a thing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Independence Day and Jaws are not available on any steaming services I have access to so had to pivot and watched War of the Worlds and Orca instead.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

ruddiger posted:

Independence Day and Jaws are not available on any steaming services I have access to so had to pivot and watched War of the Worlds and Orca instead.

Jaws is on Peacock.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Independence Day was on Starz.

Who the heck has Starz?!??!?! (my father, who shared his login. Heh.)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Next year I'm just gonna marathon the Purge movies on the 4th.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Independence Day was on Starz.

Who the heck has Starz?!??!?! (my father, who shared his login. Heh.)

You’re telling me you don’t want to watch four different Power Book series?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also got Starz thru my dad lol, it's nifty sometimes for random poo poo that shows up there. Managed to catch Freddy Got Fingered and Southland Tales when they were streaming on it.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

nonathlon posted:

If these shows have taught me anything it's that if the Detective/Detective's Wife/Detective's Partner joins your hobby group you should get far away because the bodies are about to start piling up

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also got Starz thru my dad lol, it's nifty sometimes for random poo poo that shows up there. Managed to catch Freddy Got Fingered and Southland Tales when they were streaming on it.

Dante's Peak is on there. Top tier gnarly rear end deaths incoming.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
P Valley has been super underrated for awhile and the best thing on Starz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I watched season 1 of p valley on Amazon fwiw and it was really good