Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What he meant was a show that was equal to or on par with Wrestlemania!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Codependent Poster posted:

What he meant was a show that was equal to or on par with Wrestlemania!

But how will they do a Saudi show in London????

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s plenty of blood money in the city of London, don’t worry

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

But how will they do a Saudi show in London????

Dismember someone and get away with it, LIVE ON PEACOCK

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Embassy deathmatch where you win by sneaking your opponent out of the building in multiple trash bags

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pylons posted:

John Cena made a shocking return to WWE in London at WWE Money in the Bank. As was the case with several things on the show, WWE did very well at keeping it a secret, as it was kept very close to the vest, and almost no one knew that Cena would be there. He championed the idea of doing WrestleMania in London, something that Triple H didn’t seem prepared to follow up on after the show. We’ve learned a little bit more why.

WrestleMania is set for Philadelphia in 2024, and WWE is in the late stages of finalizing the 2025 WrestleMania city, which we’ve heard to be a city in the United States. The earliest a WrestleMania could hit London is 2026 unless something drastic happens, and WWE sources told us they don’t find it likely on the horizon. However, there was a survey taker near media day this week asking about what cities in the UK would be most convenient for a HYPOTHETICAL Royal Rumble or Summerslam in the area. Among those cities listed were London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. WrestleMania was not mentioned on that survey.

As of now, WWE higher ups tell Fightful that Cena was only set for this show and didn’t have upcoming programs planned. Though that can always change if his schedule frees up. WWE were very happy with how things went for his appearance.

WOW the Talk To Transformer AI story prompt is getting really good

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It wasn't that good, that was an unbearable thirty seconds.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pylons posted:

John Cena made a shocking return to WWE in London at WWE Money in the Bank. As was the case with several things on the show, WWE did very well at keeping it a secret, as it was kept very close to the vest, and almost no one knew that Cena would be there. He championed the idea of doing WrestleMania in London, something that Triple H didn’t seem prepared to follow up on after the show. We’ve learned a little bit more why.

WrestleMania is set for Philadelphia in 2024, and WWE is in the late stages of finalizing the 2025 WrestleMania city, which we’ve heard to be a city in the United States. The earliest a WrestleMania could hit London is 2026 unless something drastic happens, and WWE sources told us they don’t find it likely on the horizon. However, there was a survey taker near media day this week asking about what cities in the UK would be most convenient for a HYPOTHETICAL Royal Rumble or Summerslam in the area. Among those cities listed were London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. WrestleMania was not mentioned on that survey.

As of now, WWE higher ups tell Fightful that Cena was only set for this show and didn’t have upcoming programs planned. Though that can always change if his schedule frees up. WWE were very happy with how things went for his appearance.

roman vs cena will main event wrestlemania 2025

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

History Comes Inside! posted:

Embassy deathmatch where you win by sneaking your opponent out of the building in multiple trash bags

They’re bringing back December to Dismember!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
was this posted

https://twitter.com/brandnewdrip/status/1675338238498676736

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

👀

Chills…

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thats some Walter White in the "Crawl Space" episode level of breakdown. Roman is incredible. One thing that really hit home on this for me is how Roman isn't afraid to look weak when it counts. The range he has shown from calm and collected and in control to shook and now falling into unhinged territory has been amazing... This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

just like the attitude era reached its peak by adapting from other media (south park, jack rear end) the big dog era artfully adopts elements of todays prestige media (breaking bad, succession, sopranos, game of thrones)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Dimebags Brain posted:

Thats some Walter White in the "Crawl Space" episode level of breakdown. Roman is incredible. One thing that really hit home on this for me is how Roman isn't afraid to look weak when it counts. The range he has shown from calm and collected and in control to shook and now falling into unhinged territory has been amazing... This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole.

Sure

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I couldn't say because I haven't watched in years because the show is such a boring slog.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I don't know why I can't take this seriously at all but when Kingston confronted Mox I was like OH poo poo. I really don't know why.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I don't know why I can't take this seriously at all but when Kingston confronted Mox I was like OH poo poo. I really don't know why.

Because Kingston has been doing character work his whole career and Reigns not so much

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because Kingston has been doing character work his whole career and Reigns not so much

Kingston's also much, much better at it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_icDmulqU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Roman Reigns, though he may be big and handsome and muscley and have long hair, the requirements for a WWE Superstar.

He is not charismatic. He does not command my attention.

Everything that was/is good about the Bloodline storyline, or skits has been everything that was/is not him.

That is what you are watching, what you are enjoying, what you care about. Not the tall long haired handsome man scowling in the corner.

Yet he is the one pushed and protected.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

Roman Reigns, though he may be big and handsome and muscley and have long hair, the requirements for a WWE Superstar.

He is not charismatic. He does not command my attention.

Everything that was/is good about the Bloodline storyline, or skits has been everything that was/is not him.

That is what you are watching, what you are enjoying, what you care about. Not the tall long haired handsome man scowling in the corner.

Yet he is the one pushed and protected.

What part of "This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole." do you not understand?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

What part of "This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole." do you not understand?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Roman might have a chance of showing something of he wasn't wrestling the WWE/HHH style of punch, walk, punch, walk some more, REST HOLD

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dango Bango posted:

Roman might have a chance of showing something of he wasn't wrestling the WWE/HHH style of punch, walk, punch, walk some more, REST HOLD

People went "oh he's actually pretty good in ring" when he got to just be a fast paced brawler with a handful of power moves so instead they turned him into a boring plodding guy that monologues during matches.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He’s so unbelievably slow

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He’s so unbelievably slow

Which is weird because at one point he used to be a pretty explosive wrestler, I suspect that either his shameful back is letting him down or the WWE doesn't want him to wrestle in a way that could possibly get cheered.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
If his mentors are Undertaker and Triple H it would make all the sense that he only wrestles slow plodding "epic" matches. A style I can only describe as watching an NJPW main event once and took nothing from it other than it being a 40 minute match with finisher spam at the end

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman
Reigns
The guy with
The biggest pecs

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

Which is weird because at one point he used to be a pretty explosive wrestler, I suspect that either his shameful back is letting him down or the WWE doesn't want him to wrestle in a way that could possibly get cheered.

My guess is it's because he's a heel and heels aren't allowed to be explosive. They have to be slow and plodding so the face can excite the crowd.

No, don't look over there at Will Ospreay or the BCC or Jay White or...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I watched the two ladder matches and the ending to the Bloodline Tag Match. Was the other stuff worth watching, or no? I just didn't see Rollins or Gunther losing, so thought those were skippable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says Summerslam plans are:

Reigns/Jey 3
Cody/Brock 3
Trish/Becky 2
Asuka/Charlotte/Bianca
Gunther/Drew
Ronda/Shayna

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Main Event Jay Uso lets go!!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Roman Reigns is the best actor in WWE, if not world history. Daniel Day-Lewis is coming out of retirement just for the chance to act next to the (obviously superior) Tribal Chief.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I watched the two ladder matches and the ending to the Bloodline Tag Match. Was the other stuff worth watching, or no? I just didn't see Rollins or Gunther losing, so thought those were skippable

Nah

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dango Bango posted:

Roman might have a chance of showing something if he wasn't wrestling the WWE/HHH style of punch, walk, punch, walk some more, REST HOLD

The monologuing during matches thing isn't just Roman; it feels like every WWE match I've watched recently has a weird extended talking segment in the middle. Like, a bit of trash talk is one thing, but beyond that it comes off like dinner theatre.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

The monologuing during matches thing isn't just Roman; it feels like every WWE match I've watched recently has a weird extended talking segment in the middle. Like, a bit of trash talk is one thing, but beyond that it comes off like dinner theatre.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED HUH?

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED HUH?

I TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CombineThresher posted:

It’s called story telling and it’s what happens when matches aren’t filled with a thousand flips and finisher spam