Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you all for the Dave the Diver mentions. I somehow had this on ignore from a previous see explore queue, but it looks solid as hell. How quick are the runs, and does it have a decent save structure if they are long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Ragequit posted:

Thank you all for the Dave the Diver mentions. I somehow had this on ignore from a previous see explore queue, but it looks solid as hell. How quick are the runs, and does it have a decent save structure if they are long?

They can get quite long (like 20-30 minutes 2 times a day 3 with night fishing) once you drag them out with more sustainability and storage extensions, however it gets better once you unlock side areas and the sea village because it autosaves on zone transitions, you get 3 autosave slots and 6 manual slots (but you can only save on the boat/ground)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

You can also Skip Time if you're just like "Y'know what, I wanna just get back to the diving/restaurant nowwww" so I've found it great. Some single dives can be 20 minutes or more depending on how you play, but you can also just do like 5 minute dives forever if you want.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
I'm lukewarm on Dave the Diver.

It'd be completely my poo poo if it didn't have the restaurant management part, but as it is it's a weird intermission I don't care at all about between dives, but that I'm forced to do because its the only way to make money and do more of the fun part.

Artelier posted:

You can also Skip Time if you're just like "Y'know what, I wanna just get back to the diving/restaurant nowwww" so I've found it great. Some single dives can be 20 minutes or more depending on how you play, but you can also just do like 5 minute dives forever if you want.
I could do this I guess, but progression would be really slow.

The Gripper fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 3, 2023

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

The Gripper posted:

It'd be completely my poo poo if it didn't have the restaurant management part, but as it is it's a weird intermission I don't care at all about between dives, but that I'm forced to do because its the only way to make money and do more of the fun part.

I pretty much don't do anything but clean dishes and refill the wasabi once or twice with the staff I hired (and with some upgrades they might clean dishes too?) They never seem to get overwhelmed if I go night fishing beforehand to keep it short.

Edit: You can also just put recipes of your most commonly brought back fish and set the recipe to auto-fill so you don't have to min/max recipes either

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Realised this weekend that steam can list all your games by release date but mildly annoyingly it doesn't have a release date built in for - amongst other things - the 90s tomb raiders and some 40k dawn of war games.

Which is probably good tbh, I don't think playing games in release order would have got me much past 1990s Commander Keen!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I tried playing Dave the Diver but I just can't mash the A button fast enough. :corsair: I wish all games had an accessibility setting to disable mashing.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

lunar detritus posted:

I tried playing Dave the Diver but I just can't mash the A button fast enough. :corsair: I wish all games had an accessibility setting to disable mashing.

Absolutely this. I can't play on Steam Deck because the button mashing is too much. Keyboard is fine. Alternating A and D are not the same as flipping the stick left and right!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The mashing does suck and made it lovely to play on kb/m because you have to mash space, but if it makes it any better there are other harpoon types that have different minigames for reeling in a fish like waggling a stick or hitting a in rhythm and you almost always find those right at the beginning of a dive. Also once you level up the harpoon enough you need to do that less and less because you can just reel them in automatically. The mashing sucks though and I'm surprised to see they didn't introduce an alternate way to do that one that doesn't involve mashing.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Yeah I feel the same way about the mashing in FFXVI. Having an accessibility option to skip that seems like such an obvious choice these days.

explosivo posted:

The mashing does suck and made it lovely to play on kb/m because you have to mash space,

I changed the interaction button to F, that helped a little bit.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

ilmucche posted:

MW5 + the dlc worth it? I know there was a thing to fix AI issues, but how's the gameplay and merc career stuff?

It's good for your stompy robot fix with the caveat that you heavily mod it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Parallelwoody posted:

It's good for your stompy robot fix with the caveat that you heavily mod it.

What mods are being recommended these days?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PowerWash SpongeBob makes your character a cartoony fish man with a cartoon-textured Deep Cleaner 4000 washer, so I can't loving wait to see what they do for the Warhammer DLC

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Hwurmp posted:

PowerWash SpongeBob makes your character a cartoony fish man with a cartoon-textured Deep Cleaner 4000 washer, so I can't loving wait to see what they do for the Warhammer DLC

Wash the emperor and his throne, but you only have 20 mins before you disintegrate.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

1000 power washers must be sacrificed every day to keep the emperor spotless.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Hwurmp posted:

Finally, I can play as the Departmento Janitorum, come to hose off the remains of the latest Chaos infestation with a Purgatus Bleachthrower.

CLEANSE, MOP, SQUEEGEE!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

since square publishes Powerwash and already did FF7 and Tomb Raider DLCs, i'm expecting these DLCs next, or they're cowards

Dragon Quest
Parasite Eve
Kingdom Hearts
Life is Strange
Front Mission
Kane & Lynch (possibly the grimiest IP square owns!!)

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The 7th Guest posted:

Parasite Eve

To my knowledge, legally they don't have access to the name anymore so it'll have to be The Third Birthday DLC, hosing the real Aya Brea off the wall she gets shot in front of.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Balan Wonderwash
I Am Sudsuna

apparently Sleeping Dogs is owned by Squenix; I'd see that as more of a Viscera Cleanup Detail type of deal but if we can get PowerWash40K then anything is possible

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Gamers Rinse Down.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hwurmp posted:

i thought that last bit a bout wh40k dlc was a shitpost but it turns out it isn't :psypop:

hm maybe it's time I picked that back up, I just finished Ghost Trick (so good omg) so I'm kinda between games at the moment

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

life is a shitpost

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/1674407662250004480

holy poo poo. so many indie devs are going to be screwed in the next couple of months. idk how tB survives this

gonna be a lot of games in need of a rescue. Streets of Rogue 2, Critter Cove, Not for Broadcast's future content, I Am Future, Punch Club 2, Rawmen, Ferocious... gently caress

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gently caress, Streets of Rogue was so loving good. I hope the sequel doesn't get canceled.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Boy, this is a weird one (timestamp'd)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy3XioFKu94&t=680s

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The 7th Guest posted:

holy poo poo. so many indie devs are going to be screwed in the next couple of months. idk how tB survives this

gonna be a lot of games in need of a rescue. Streets of Rogue 2, Critter Cove, Not for Broadcast's future content, I Am Future, Punch Club 2, Rawmen, Ferocious... gently caress

holy poo poo, I heard noises about venture capital withdrawing these last few months but I didn't expect to hit that way

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ZearothK posted:

holy poo poo, I heard noises about venture capital withdrawing these last few months but I didn't expect to hit that way

Quite the trend from IPO to now

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

What is it? I refuse to create an account to see content :colbert:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sab669 posted:

quote:

"It's even worse than Embracer"

London-listed TinyBuild (Hello Neighbor IP) today is currently down -78.26%: https://londonstockexchange.com/stock/TBLD/tinybuild-inc/company-page

34.50 GBP to 7.50 GBP in ONE day.

This implosion is a direct reaction to a profit warning the company issued for 2023 and 2024 today. CFO left.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Sab669 posted:

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/81867/tinybuild-stock-crashes-78-after-profit-warning-and-cfo-departure/
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/tinybuild-sees-stock-dive-after-h1-2023-report-says-it-performed-below-expectations
https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/tinybuild/news/rns/story/wkjk7vr
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/TBLD/tinybuild-inc/company-page

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat did Hello Neighbor 2 really flop that hard?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Leal posted:

drat did Hello Neighbor 2 really flop that hard?

Guess it's more their M&A strategy didn't pay off as expected, they only mention "underperforming" of Versus Evil, another publisher they acquired in 2021 and their attached Q&A studio Red Cerberus (how can that one "underperform" in that way IDK)

quote:

Outlook

As reported by other companies in the gaming sector, the market backdrop has become increasingly challenging with distribution platforms reducing investment. As a result of this impact and underperformance at Versus Evil and Red Cerberus, the Board is now expecting to be materially behind revenue market expectations in 2023 and 2024. This impact becomes more acute at the Adjusted EBITDA level as a result of increased development costs, amortisation charges and a less favourable revenue mix.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

the market backdrop has become increasingly challenging with distribution platforms reducing investment

wonder what that means

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Awesome! posted:

wonder what that means

they've done a few epic exclusives so it may be that, epic has been steadily pivoting away from buying out existing games from publishers and instead publishing games themselves (e.g. alan wake 2)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Tinybuild has published some of my favorite little pearls, this loving sucks.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Tinybuild puts out a mountain of trash for every gem so I'm not surprised.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hello neighbor has been such a depressing franchise, the creator was banking on the fnaf youtuber "ENDING EXPLAINED" circuit to gain publicity to the point of begging some of them to do videos on it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

hello neighbor has been such a depressing franchise, the creator was banking on the fnaf youtuber "ENDING EXPLAINED" circuit to gain publicity to the point of begging some of them to do videos on it

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Sab669 posted:

Wow, night time maps in Battlebit suck rear end.

I am like weeks late on this but there is night vision in Battlebit just in case you were not aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol jesus